Indoor Hope's perpetual Skyline grow

you got any kelp or anything like that these young girls I spray them daily at this age and for day 8 she looks fine and by tomorrow their roots will have reached maybe to the bottom of the pot in single roots so cut yourself some slack

Cheers bro.. fkn seedling anxiety lol

Last edited:
Cheers bro.. fkn seedling anxiety lol
i still get it sometimes normally when I have nothing else on the go thinking these are growing slow its just daddy issue worrying about your youngsters :baked:

Just noticed this on my toof decay..
20210824_221501.jpg
20210824_221455.jpg

2nd set of nodes is a triple brancher.. nice :jointman:

If only every one would do that! Lol. You ever seen that before?
Hope you are all good
EP3

Not that I can remember buddy no.. a beneficial mutation.. nice lol all good with me partner.. busy as fk as usual.. work life balance my balls lol but holdin up.. these wee plants keep me sane.. sort of :jointman: :d5:

while I have your well tuned coco ear brother.. im currently feeding this girl every 3 days.. it seems to be all she wants.. should I start to close that in to every 2 days now or just keep on as I am until its clear she needs fed more often than 3 day intervals.. I feel like it should be feed at least every 48 hours for her at this stage??
Bloody hell, your thread moves at a rapid pace, I had to look back 3 pages to find your question to me from yesterday!

I'm feeding mine every 2 days at the mo. In the past I've tried various schedules, from daily to every 3-4 days, and I found that too much too soon does something to the Coco (I think it washes out the Potassium from the Coco - but not sure).
Too long between feeds and I started getting difficult to manage deficiencies - I think it's because the plant takes up the nutrients it needs, plus water, which raises the concentration of unwanted nutes in the medium, then the plant slows or locks down because of the change in medium EC and pH, toxicity from the unwanted nutrients, and deficiency of the wanted nutrients.... you get me?

Each time I feed I add a bit more. Going back to when I transplanted them from Solo cups to big airpots (day 14 ish), I would just water around them with no run off, every 2 days, gradually increasing the radius of the watering zone and the quantity of nutrient solution each time.

To help prevent salt build up in the medium, I use House and Garden's 'Drip clean' at 0.1ml/L, very economical, but you have to use it all the time right from word go.

By around 24 days, I was watering to full pot diameter and getting a trickle of run off, and now at day 28, I'm watering to full run off.... still every 2 days, but once I find I'm giving them around 4 to 5 L, I'll start watering every day.

From that point, you can theoretically water them as often as you want, You'll be replacing what the plant has used, thus keeping the available needed nutes at peak levels the whole time, thus getting massive growth..... easy to forget that Coco is a hydroponic technique.... the more you put in, the more you get out.

To be honest, I dunno why I'm bleating on like this, you are doing brilliant stuff mate.... you asking for help is like Stephen Hawking (RIP) asking which planet comes after Mars!

Candy Dawg in coco.. day 8..

Very slow.. ive just transplanted her from the solo an hour ago.. im not good with solos n coco.. it was very soggy.. not enough drainage care of myself.. so while this coco looks dry on top the solo cup full that went in was not.. ill have to judge when to water again.. im thinking tomorrow to be safe.. Anyway.. lets see if we can bring her round a bit in this 10L fabric pot of coco. Cmon little one.. move along now :smoking:

Not good for the seedling anxiety this coco gear lol
Ahh, just read this mate. I reckon you transplant them too early. Day 8 is a bit too soon, the plant needs to be a little more established before it can take the stress of transplanting, something between 12 to 16 days is more like it.
I think that's why you're finding them a bit on the slow side.

The roots wanna be just hitting the bottom of the Solo cup when you're transplanting them.
The less you handle the roots and expose them to light during transplantation - the better. I prepare my big pot by filling it with Coco keeping an empty solo cup in place where I want to put my seedling. I remove the empty cup, and try in the seedling (still in the solo cup), making sure everythings at the right level, then I get a scalpel, and cut the bottom of the seedling Solo cup off, then a slit down the side. shove the whole lot half way into the new pot and tease the cut solo cup out as the seedling drops into the hole.. Minimal light exposure, and minimum handling of the root mass. I would then only water circumferentially just the new coco closest to the seedling to get those roots out searching.

As for the soggy solo cup, I know you perforate the bottom, I use a food skewer, and punch as many holes in as I can, from the inside out - that way the plastic pops out around each hole rather than in, that will impede drainage.
I also raise them off the ground, surface water tension will also impede proper drainage. I also think the plastic is too thin, and lets light into the root mass, so I use 3 cups stacked into each other, and that keeps the one with the seedling in, off the ground.

You can tell, I've just had a Cream Mandarine spliff while writing all this! That's me done for a bit!

Back