HLG Halloween Event

Thank you for the rep @AutoBobje @Kyote @hairyman. I really appreciate it!

I normally don't carve pumpkins and the few times I have they came out horrible. This time I wanted to make it look good, so I bought a pumpkin carving kit. Those little serrated blades work really well. Making the smaller pumpkin fit was slow going, taking out just a little bit at a time. The teeth also took a little while. I used an X-Acto knife to peel the outer skin off. I did the smaller pumpkin a few days in advance and the wrinkling around the eyes and mouth work really well because it makes the poor guy look distressed, hehe.
Nice, I like hearing how they’re done. Great work. For mine, I molded the teeth out of oven-dry clay and then glazed them with lacquer. I carved the pumpkin and painted the inside with a black food coloring wash. I screwed starter holes for the teeth with a drill bit and fit them. The eyes are painted oranges mounted with skewers. I went away for the weekend and left it inside and when I came back there was mold growing around the teeth and eyes and it looked evil as hell.

seven.gif

days2.gif

Do we vote or are judges selected already?

Do we vote or are judges selected already?
There will be three polls One for "The Best" one for the "Ugliest" and one for the "Goofiest" all entries are automatically entered in each poll.

Since HLG has so generously donated a second light the top two winners in each catagory will then move to a final poll to determine 1st through 4th for prizes.

Back