HLG DIABLO 650R (The Bears Grow & Show)

Just so you know I was looking into doing something similar and you really don't want to mess with the trusses without consulting a structural engineer. Idk if you ever intend to sell but beyond the potential for severe structural damage to the house you also risk not being able to pass an inspection. Also, if those are ceiling joists (which more often than not they are) they really aren't meant to hold more weight than like the actual ceiling. The drywall/plaster/fixtures/etc, that is. You will more than likely need to put in sister joists for them to be able to withstand the additional weight of adding in a subfloor plus your grow equipment. I'm sure you've done your research, just want to make sure you don't ruin your house :jointman:
Thanks for the advise, Im a very handy bear.
The trusses have a support beam that's 1x4 than runs right across apex end to end,
It's perfectly safe to reposition them 1 at a time,
But I will always put load bearing beams in too that will cross the gaps on each side,

I'm repositioning trusses 3 & 4 off the gable wall.
And grow tent will be ontop of a wooden platform that's got T shape structure walls directly underneath,
Everything can be made right again in an hour if needed, as I'm just moving and not cutting anything to do this.
IL not say my trade as someone may put 2 and 2 together and get me. Lol
But as I say I'm very handy and used to build and fix things for a living,
Thanks for your advise, and don't try this at home lol

Budding up nice now
:weed: :coffee: :weed: :coffee: :weed: :coffee: :weed:
IMG_20211025_095703.jpg
IMG_20211025_095557.jpg

Thanks for the advise, Im a very handy bear.
The trusses have a support beam that's 1x4 than runs right across apex end to end,
It's perfectly safe to reposition them 1 at a time,
But I will always put load bearing beams in too that will cross the gaps on each side,

I'm repositioning trusses 3 & 4 off the gable wall.
And grow tent will be ontop of a wooden platform that's got T shape structure walls directly underneath,
Everything can be made right again in an hour if needed, as I'm just moving and not cutting anything to do this.
IL not say my trade as someone may put 2 and 2 together and get me. Lol
But as I say I'm very handy and used to build and fix things for a living,
Thanks for your advise, and don't try this at home lol
See, I figured you knew what you were doing, but for anyone reading along who may get any ideas lol. I've got that exact same setup with the platform over multiple walls meeting up, so I know exactly what you mean. But, ya gotta figure, most people don't even know that attics aren't even really meant for storage so I figured I'd pipe up lol. I fell down the "manufactured trusses what can I do with my attic space" rabbit hole last weekend so its fresh in my mind. I don't have $50k to drop into having a steel beam put throuh my fire walls to be able to ditch the trusses and open the attic up/put a raised subfloor in to create a new room. Not that I'd be able to find a contractor to do it even if I could since there's nowhere to put a staircase or windows and since we'll be trading up eventually I'd like to keep things to code. Plus the idiots who built the house originally installed the attic access sideways so I wouldn't be able to install an attic ladder even if I did decide to grow up there, which is a hard no for me with having to lug shit up a regular ladder.

between 550
They look healthy but maybe need a stronger feed?
Thanks mate I will up it next feed,
They are currently getting 2ml bloom per litre,
I tested ppm and it was 360 but I don't really know much about that side of things,

If I feed at 4ml per litre it will be between 550 - 600 ppm,

goes up 100 every 1 ml average.

See, I figured you knew what you were doing, but for anyone reading along who may get any ideas lol. I've got that exact same setup with the platform over multiple walls meeting up, so I know exactly what you mean. But, ya gotta figure, most people don't even know that attics aren't even really meant for storage so I figured I'd pipe up lol. I fell down the "manufactured trusses what can I do with my attic space" rabbit hole last weekend so its fresh in my mind. I don't have $50k to drop into having a steel beam put throuh my fire walls to be able to ditch the trusses and open the attic up/put a raised subfloor in to create a new room. Not that I'd be able to find a contractor to do it even if I could since there's nowhere to put a staircase or windows and since we'll be trading up eventually I'd like to keep things to code. Plus the idiots who built the house originally installed the attic access sideways so I wouldn't be able to install an attic ladder even if I did decide to grow up there, which is a hard no for me with having to lug shit up a regular ladder.
My last place was brilliant to attic grow as the tent fitted with loads of space around it.
Was the top floor of an apartment, attic was massive, like a giant room lol,
It even had 2 old extracter fans that got left behind when they put in new ones for the unsuite bathrooms.
I hooked them up to the tent and everything went straight out the roof.

It's big money for an attic conversion these days,. It's crazy lol

Back