Live Stoners Hi All, New to the Community and first autoflower grow

@NebulaNuggets well you have landed on your feet getting @912GreenSkell helping you out already, he's one of the best growers I know and always very helpful! :)

Oh and thanks for the tag on high CBD strains mate :)

Right so my Canadian friend is right I grow perpetually and I've run Dinafem's IP CBD 5 times now and their Haze CBD twice so far, no other plants have ever had a reappearance in my grow so its a testament to their medical worth that I've run them so often! A quick side point the flavours on these strains are superb I dont know if the CBD helps to bring them out in a kinda entourage effect way but they really are delicious which is an unexpected added bonus imho ;) I've seen vids around the net with others vaping CBD gear saying the same thing so I dont think its just me :)

I'm afraid I haven't done a diary on this site, as I don't hold @912GreenSkell 's God like status and omnipresent powers :D I do mine over on uk420 being a Brit and have been told its OK to link from here to there so here ya go for the IP CBD diary and if you look on my sig on that site you will see a link to the Haze one too.

Its good timing though as in the last week Dinafem, who it seems are leading the pack with their CBD autos, just announced 5 more!! @Dinafem-Mark has already sent me some of their OG Kush CBD and Amnesia CBD as seeds for diary, so I should be getting them shortly and running the diaries on them too. The other new ones are Critical+ CBD, Cheese CBD and White Widow CBD all auto. They also released 2 new photoperiod CBD strains one of which is pure CBD, Dinamed, that I have also picked up as an interesting one to run and perhaps make some hacks from

Hope this had given you some food for thought mate and ATB with your quest for a pain free life :pass:

Haha yeah when you are basically an insomniac, you have to fill all kinds of hours in a day!! Gives me time to get done what I need to do, and spend hours on the site. This will certainly slow down, once spring and summer show up!!

The Vault, eh? Never heard of them but will check them out. A lot of people look at prices when making these types of decisions and go the cheapest route, but I would rather pay more for good product and friendly service. If you are honest and get me quality beans then I will be a customer for life. I have used sannie's multiple times in the past and also attitude and have never been disappointed.
I just got some kickass seeds from ATTITUDE - check them out.. not as friendly as the guys at the Vault.. but fast delivery and No Complaints!! :pass:

Ha! Yep, back to where I was previously living before I had to tear down and move to another state. Maybe I can have them mailed? Or too risky? On second thought......

Def will check out that Durban review and post back. The most profound effect I remember from it, aside from the potency and long lasting effects, was it's ability to almost totally relieve my sciatica pain. Not sure why, but almost all strains touted as "pain relieving" have not been as effective as that Durban.
Durban Poison is one of the last of the Original Landraces left.. - as in ORIGINAL.. the way the Big Man wanted it to be... maybe thats why its got that effect - I don't know just throwing that out there :baked:

Just another note about lights you might be interested in...

Like GreenSkell said you can grow mighty fine bud with the HPS. If however you are looking into LED for that second tent you mentioned, I highly recommend COBs. There are a few option, DIY completely piece by piece, get a kit that is partly assembled or you simply buy a COB that is done plug and grow. I've been reading non-stop about different LEDs for a while now and so far my conclusion is that COB are currently the way of the future with LED grow lights, they currently can't be beat when it comes to efficiency and power in the LED market. If you DYI it won't be terribly expensive vs buying an SMD LED grow light, it'll also take a little more time to get going than buying a regular LED light, but the results I've seen online and even members of this forum using them or testing them have been pretty incredible. Buying the kits completed or partly completed is of course, costly in comparison but may be worth it to you.

I'm only saying this to you now because I had just bought my LED and kicked off my grow right when I really started to understand what the fuss was all about with COBs and I plan to swap to a full COB setup for my next grow as they are pretty sweet. Here is just a quick rundown of what a COB DYI is like... love growmas5, he has great videos on all kinds of neat stuff with growing.

Welcome to AFN, glad to have ya here man!
:welcome:

Thanks 4 this vid brother man - am definately gonna do a build.. Cheers :chimp:

Wow I am away for 24 hours and I come back for more great advice, I am really impressed with the community here! It's been a pleasure as a member here already, and after going through some of the threads and grow reports I am excited to get some seeds in soil again. And maybe a journal here in the near future? Looking to run White Train and Toofless Alien and maybe some 3BOG if room.

After some careful consideration, I am going to grab an 8x4 tent, to add to my current 4x4. I now have a whole bedroom as my grow space (getting goosebumps right now with excitement) but I can't do any real modifications to the house (I rent) so I am going the dual tent and closet space route. Three separate areas will allow me to go full steam ahead with the autos in an 8x4, while I look for some good reg stock. Durban and some CBD strain most likely, with an Indica heavy hybrid as well. I hope to run autos for a good while and it looks like you guys are gonna have me prepared to succeed!

With the extra 4x4 I am gonna run my other 600 hps, when I get my hands on all the necessary supplies for a COB. It's mostly a funds issue at the moment. Should be looking at putting one together in a month or so. Once that sucker gets fired up its 600w hps and the COB in an 8x4, should suffice for that space.

Really appreciate the great comments and steering me in the direction I believe I was inevitably heading. Big thumbs up @Slater and @Fragg and I am sure I will be throwing some ideas and questions your way, as well as GreenSkell.

On the CBD topic, is there an extraction process that's reasonable as far as cost and ease of executing? If I have to I can invest in the endeavor to a certain extent, maybe 3- 5k. Really excited about the possibilities of this plant we all love.

Oh yeah, and for those with pain @912GreenSkell try PEA. Palmitoylethanolamide. Great stuff for pain (especially nerve pain, stuff like sciatica, neuropathy, fibromyalgia and other pain). Is non habit forming. Non-psychoactive. Has affinity for some of the cannabinoid like receptors in the brain, similar to CBD I believe. I have been taking it for pain 3 weeks now and am noticing a definite reduction in pain. It's effects are suppose to become more efficient over extended use. It's available without a prescription, is a fatty acid amide that is found naturally in food and incredibly cheap when compared with other options out there. Not to mention the detriment on your mind and body of most other alternatives. Check it out, for real.

Last edited:
OH you cant leave for 24 hours and get no comments!! :D
Yayyyyy Journal!! Get it going and please tag me...though I will help anyone without a second thought, real medical growers I do my best to help them in any way I can.

CBD extraction...like tincture? I have yet to try it with high cbd strains, but I have had massive success with tincture made from 195/150proof everclear. Obscenely potent for the amount of weed you use. I found tincture to be the biggest breakthrough for my pain, far more than smoking of any strain.

Oh yeah, and for those with pain @912GreenSkell try PEA. Palmitoylethanolamide. Great stuff for pain (especially nerve pain, stuff like sciatica, neuropathy, fibromyalgia and other pain). Is non habit forming. Non-psychoactive. Has affinity for some of the cannabinoid like receptors in the brain, similar to CBD I believe. I have been taking it for pain 3 weeks now and am noticing a definite reduction in pain. It's effects are suppose to become more efficient over extended use. It's available without a prescription, is a fatty acid amide that is found naturally in food and incredibly cheap when compared with other options out there. Not to mention the detriment on your mind and body of most other alternatives. Check it out, for real.

I will certainly look into this...I try to live a chemical free lifestyle(grow almost all of our own organic fruits veggies and hormone free pork, chicken and beef), and have turned away from chemical based prescriptions and the modern medical system in general, but I do not have a closed mind and I will certainly do some research on Palmitoylethanolamide. Thanks for the info, and great to hear it working for you!

My problem is the location of injury and the type...its basically 2 separate levels of upper neck discs that are ruptured and one of the discs are being jammed into the nerves, which results in constant aggravation. Upper neck injuries are very hard to deal with since its basically the control center of the brain being effected. I saw 2 specialized surgeons and neither of them would do surgery as risks would be too great, and a negative result would lead to paralysis.

OH you cant leave for 24 hours and get no comments!! :D
Yayyyyy Journal!! Get it going and please tag me...though I will help anyone without a second thought, real medical growers I do my best to help them in any way I can.

CBD extraction...like tincture? I have yet to try it with high cbd strains, but I have had massive success with tincture made from 195/150proof everclear. Obscenely potent for the amount of weed you use. I found tincture to be the biggest breakthrough for my pain, far more than smoking of any strain.

Oh when that journal gets going I will let you know. Not only do we share back pain but insomnia as well!

I am fortunate to have a lot of free time. I run a business out of my house, and am often up most of the night taking pictures of minerals and jewelry for internet sales. It's gonna be setup and grow pics I am up taking till the early morning hours here real soon. Looking to get a nicer camera here real soon which should make for some drool worthy pics in a couple months (fingers crossed!).

I suppose I am thinking of an alcohol extraction, but I have done very little research into the subject. I have heard of different methods but not from very reliable sources. One I was told about from a cool old school hippie said to use a coconut oil extraction. I guess I see the process as a long road, where I grow out some CBD strains and have them tested for CBD levels. Learn how to extract just the CBD in it's purest most potent form and use that solely for controlling epilepsy. I do believe that for pain the best way to go is an extract of all of the plant. But I wonder about the difficulty in extracting just CBD. A strain that was at least equal in CBD to THC ratio would be a solid plant as a starting point. The reason why I am tempted to drive out those Harlequin cuttings? It's supposedly been tested out at a 7:2 CBD to THC ratio.

Back