Live Stoners Hi All, New to the Community and first autoflower grow

Awesome...I grew out a Durban poison photo last year and damn its a mighty impressive strains outdoors...smell, taste, and potency are amazing, and yield it typical of most DP strains I have grown outdoors(48oz dry). I would love to hear what you think of the review I wrote on it especially details about smell taste effect are similar to your experience with it. https://www.autoflower.org/threads/durban-poison-photoperiod-outdoor-grow-med-smoke-report.56690/ Here is a smoke and grow report I did on the daiquiri lime(not the cbd version) https://www.autoflower.org/threads/daiquiri-lime-outdoor-grow-med-smoke-report.54092/

Damn 8 hour drive!! That's a long drive! But hey harlequin!

Ha! Yep, back to where I was previously living before I had to tear down and move to another state. Maybe I can have them mailed? Or too risky? On second thought......

Def will check out that Durban review and post back. The most profound effect I remember from it, aside from the potency and long lasting effects, was it's ability to almost totally relieve my sciatica pain. Not sure why, but almost all strains touted as "pain relieving" have not been as effective as that Durban.

Attitude, Herbies, Alibongo(twice ordered), TheVault(once) are all trusted sources form Europe. In cannada I have had success with GTAseedbank(4 times), 420Kingston(once).
If I had to go to Europe to get what I needed I would go with the vault.

The Vault, eh? Never heard of them but will check them out. A lot of people look at prices when making these types of decisions and go the cheapest route, but I would rather pay more for good product and friendly service. If you are honest and get me quality beans then I will be a customer for life. I have used sannie's multiple times in the past and also attitude and have never been disappointed.

Ha! Yep, back to where I was previously living before I had to tear down and move to another state. Maybe I can have them mailed? Or too risky? On second thought......

Def will check out that Durban review and post back. The most profound effect I remember from it, aside from the potency and long lasting effects, was it's ability to almost totally relieve my sciatica pain. Not sure why, but almost all strains touted as "pain relieving" have not been as effective as that Durban.

Interesting with the sciatica relief!! I didn't find it super good for my med problem(2 levels of ruptured discs in the upper neck with severe nerve damage), but I really do like the mental effects from it.
I though about mentioning it get them mailed...in country I bet it would get through smooth as glass, and sent priority I bet they would be alive when they did arrive.

The Vault, eh? Never heard of them but will check them out. A lot of people look at prices when making these types of decisions and go the cheapest route, but I would rather pay more for good product and friendly service. If you are honest and get me quality beans then I will be a customer for life. I have used sannie's multiple times in the past and also attitude and have never been disappointed.

That's what I like about the vault...great customer service and cool guys running the show. I didn't have a problem with my order, but I have read a lot of very positive reviews on their service. Heard good things about herbies, sannies and attitude but never used them. I was hearing quite a bit about attitude packages getting stopped in US customs but this was 2 years ago or so.

Interesting with the sciatica relief!! I didn't find it super good for my med problem(2 levels of ruptured discs in the upper neck with severe nerve damage), but I really do like the mental effects from it.
I though about mentioning it get them mailed...in country I bet it would get through smooth as glass, and sent priority I bet they would be alive when they did arrive.

Yeah I think the pain thing may be attributed to some other factor, but I can't be sure. I started taking Bacopa Monnieri at around the same time as that first Durban harvest and my gf thinks it's some sort of combo effect. Maybe synergistic with my anti epileptic drug I am prescribed. All I know is my pain has been most relieved during that period of my life. Before and after Durban my pain was worse.

As for mailing, it's one state away. And mailed from a family member. Who is unwilling to drive them out to me! Can't blame them though, plenty of check points and border patrol to scare the average citizen. I hate driving that drive without carrying anything illegal. With a plant or few, I may get nervous enough to have a seizure if a cop gets behind me!

Just another note about lights you might be interested in...

Like GreenSkell said you can grow mighty fine bud with the HPS. If however you are looking into LED for that second tent you mentioned, I highly recommend COBs. There are a few option, DIY completely piece by piece, get a kit that is partly assembled or you simply buy a COB that is done plug and grow. I've been reading non-stop about different LEDs for a while now and so far my conclusion is that COB are currently the way of the future with LED grow lights, they currently can't be beat when it comes to efficiency and power in the LED market. If you DYI it won't be terribly expensive vs buying an SMD LED grow light, it'll also take a little more time to get going than buying a regular LED light, but the results I've seen online and even members of this forum using them or testing them have been pretty incredible. Buying the kits completed or partly completed is of course, costly in comparison but may be worth it to you.

I'm only saying this to you now because I had just bought my LED and kicked off my grow right when I really started to understand what the fuss was all about with COBs and I plan to swap to a full COB setup for my next grow as they are pretty sweet. Here is just a quick rundown of what a COB DYI is like... love growmas5, he has great videos on all kinds of neat stuff with growing.

Welcome to AFN, glad to have ya here man!
:welcome:

Just another note about lights you might be interested in...

Like GreenSkell said you can grow mighty fine bud with the HPS. If however you are looking into LED for that second tent you mentioned, I highly recommend COBs. There are a few option, DIY completely piece by piece, get a kit that is partly assembled or you simply buy a COB that is done plug and grow. I've been reading non-stop about different LEDs for a while now and so far my conclusion is that COB are currently the way of the future with LED grow lights, they currently can't be beat when it comes to efficiency and power in the LED market. If you DYI it won't be terribly expensive vs buying an SMD LED grow light, it'll also take a little more time to get going than buying a regular LED light, but the results I've seen online and even members of this forum using them or testing them have been pretty incredible. Buying the kits completed or partly completed is of course, costly in comparison but may be worth it to you.

I'm only saying this to you now because I had just bought my LED and kicked off my grow right when I really started to understand what the fuss was all about with COBs and I plan to swap to a full COB setup for my next grow as they are pretty sweet. Here is just a quick rundown of what a COB DYI is like... love growmas5, he has great videos on all kinds of neat stuff with growing.

Welcome to AFN, glad to have ya here man!
:welcome:

Wow, that looks impressive! From the little I have read up on LED lighting I am thoroughly impressed. Thanks for the heads up NugNoob. Been lurking around here a bit the past two months looking to get back into action, and leaning towards doing a permanent AF setup. Going to give it a run with the stock I have coming and see what the results are compared to the mother/clone system I used to run.

I actually have a little bit of knowledge (12 years job) on electronics and assembling anything that resembles circuit boards/panel wiring/harnessing/soldering etc. I think I may be spending some time with the LED forum here in the near future. Looks to be what I am aiming for. Better efficiency, runs cooler which is incredibly important where I reside (the sonoran desert). AND putting a COB together myself is a very reasonable proposition as far as my current funds are concerned.

Shouldn't have much trouble getting this going in the very near future. I have an extra 600hps setup I wanted to hold on to but I may not need it after all! With the hurting on my electric bill trying to cool down my house, I believe the COB will pay for itself in no time. Thanks again NugNoob!

Hey @NebulaNuggets and welcome to AFN dude best place for auto's :welcome::pass:
On the light front I've have just built that light (same specs) that @NugNoob has put up and I can tell you...its amazing...with out going into details it matches if not out performs a 600w hps and uses about a 1/3 of the power and lower if you dim. Totally up-gradable and all parts are re-usable so you can reconfigure easily.
Here a link to my thread on it...
here a link to my first grow with it, I install it about half way through...we are about 3-4 wks off the chop.
I'm also in the process of converting a cheap Chinese LED into a cob led light...just for the fun of it and to get a Chinese light that does what its meant to do... I take that back, Mars Hydro are not that bad and got me to my first 2 harvest.
If you do decide to build get a thread going and tag me, would love to help out...I've got the pimp my light bug... to tag me place an @ in front of my name (@Slater). Also if you want the full run down on the cobs and the techie nerdy stuff @BigSm0 is your man on this subject...I think he sleeps with them ;)

@NebulaNuggets well you have landed on your feet getting @912GreenSkell helping you out already, he's one of the best growers I know and always very helpful! :)

Oh and thanks for the tag on high CBD strains mate :)

Right so my Canadian friend is right I grow perpetually and I've run Dinafem's IP CBD 5 times now and their Haze CBD twice so far, no other plants have ever had a reappearance in my grow so its a testament to their medical worth that I've run them so often! A quick side point the flavours on these strains are superb I dont know if the CBD helps to bring them out in a kinda entourage effect way but they really are delicious which is an unexpected added bonus imho ;) I've seen vids around the net with others vaping CBD gear saying the same thing so I dont think its just me :)

I'm afraid I haven't done a diary on this site, as I don't hold @912GreenSkell 's God like status and omnipresent powers :D I do mine over on uk420 being a Brit and have been told its OK to link from here to there so here ya go for the IP CBD diary and if you look on my sig on that site you will see a link to the Haze one too.

Its good timing though as in the last week Dinafem, who it seems are leading the pack with their CBD autos, just announced 5 more!! @Dinafem-Mark has already sent me some of their OG Kush CBD and Amnesia CBD as seeds for diary, so I should be getting them shortly and running the diaries on them too. The other new ones are Critical+ CBD, Cheese CBD and White Widow CBD all auto. They also released 2 new photoperiod CBD strains one of which is pure CBD, Dinamed, that I have also picked up as an interesting one to run and perhaps make some hacks from

Hope this had given you some food for thought mate and ATB with your quest for a pain free life :pass:

Back