Live Stoners Hi All, New to the Community and first autoflower grow

NebulaNuggets

Doing Without Doing
Reaction score
Hey all, I am new to the community and would like to extend a friendly hello to everyone as well as ask a few auto flower questions since I am about to start my journey back to growing.

I have no AF grow experience, but have done a few indoor grows under 600W hps.

Mephisto seeds is what led me to AFN and I have begun to do research on AF strains and where to obtain seeds. I see a lot of positive reviews regarding Mephisto and look forward to placing my first order. Any opinions as to what seed strains are solid choices would be appreciated!

I am in the states and would also like to obtain seed stock from a reputable vendor here, if anyone knows of a reputable source to check out I would also appreciate that info!

One last question: lighting? I intend on using grow tents where I currently reside, as it is my only reasonable option. Are there any tent/led lighting setups that are preferred for AF? I was hoping to house the auto flowers in my mother tent (empty at the moment, restarting my grow after a hiatus) at 20/4 and fill up the tent while I grow out other regular seeds for potential mothers. I may end up devoting a tent for auto flowers down the line. I only have experience flowering under hps lighting and don't know much about flowering under LED.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to showing some nice plants in the coming months.
Can't wait to test out some of these Mephisto genetics and share my experience with the community!

I'm in the states and I'm sure my last Mephisto order came from a stateside location .... Currently growing a Fantasmo Express from Mephisto ... Think Big ... ... and another example in my Mephisto signature grow below ...

Autos will flower just fine under HPS ... Minimum tent height for me is 5"6"

Good Luck w/ your grow ... :pass:

Thanks Chester, I actually just learned that Mephisto ships out of the states as well. I am currently going through what Mephisto has in stock and making my decisions. Looking closely at Toofless Alien and The White Train, as well as the Artisinal Strains. Want to stock up so I may go for a 3 pack of a few strains to see what I like and have a variety for my first AF grow. I prefer a good sativa dom hybrid, although indicas are always nice occasionally. The White Train may be the sativa dom. I go for and grab a 7 pack of those. And get my order above 100 bucks for the extra freebies!

My tent is plenty big enough for the time being to house the autoflowers while I get some reg seeds for mothers. Gonna get another tent when the time comes for a seperate SOG setup and move the mothers into a cloning area I am setting up. My intention is to keep the autoflower tent running for a little variety while I search for good mothers for the strains I really want. I have epilepsy and am looking to devote a decent portion of my space for a high CBD strain if I can attain the genetics, as well as a nice sativa dom.

I have been digging out all my grow equipment and all I really need is another tent and lighting for the mothers/clones. So glad I didn't sell this stuff like all my other belongings, just to afford a bag when I am broke! So happy I am living somewhere I can start this back up and get my medicine! Ready to pop some seeds!

BTW those fantasmo look nice, any idea how to find out when Mephisto restocks? Just joined the newsletter, hoping to grab some of the strains that are out.........their stock is a little low but based on reviews it seems I can't go wrong with what they have to offer.

Last edited:
Just to add to my last reply, regarding CBD strains: Any good auto flower strains out there? I am sure I want to run a mother/clone setup when I do obtain the genetics but was wondering out of curiosity if the AF seeds are out there.

Guess I could have done some research on that before running it by the forum, but I am feeling a little burned out on all the research I have been doing the last few days. And there is so much info on the interwebs to sift through.....so I turn to the pros here at AFN! On a side note, I have been lurking here for a while. Previously was a member of another "non" auto flower grow forum and this forum and community is by far the best I have visited. A few months of lurking and I couldn't help myself but to join.

Cheers:jointman:

Just to add to my last reply, regarding CBD strains: Any good auto flower strains out there? I am sure I want to run a mother/clone setup when I do obtain the genetics but was wondering out of curiosity if the AF seeds are out there.

Guess I could have done some research on that before running it by the forum, but I am feeling a little burned out on all the research I have been doing the last few days. And there is so much info on the interwebs to sift through.....so I turn to the pros here at AFN! On a side note, I have been lurking here for a while. Previously was a member of another "non" auto flower grow forum and this forum and community is by far the best I have visited. A few months of lurking and I couldn't help myself but to join.

Cheers:jointman:

Hey great to meet you. There is lots of CBD autos available these days. Though I haven't tried them yet there has ben great reviews on Dinafems Industrial CBD and their CBD haze. Also both sweet seeds and Dutch Passion have just brought out a couple of auto cbds and knowing the two companies there will be some very impressive results. I am very much looking forward to trying out Dutch Passions Daiquiri LIme CBD. Ive grown out around a dozen Dutch Passion strains and have never been disappointed in any way.
You can always send a private message to mitch from mephisto about the availability of the strains you are after.

Hey great to meet you. There is lots of CBD autos available these days. Though I haven't tried them yet there has ben great reviews on Dinafems Industrial CBD and their CBD haze. Also both sweet seeds and Dutch Passion have just brought out a couple of auto cbds and knowing the two companies there will be some very impressive results. I am very much looking forward to trying out Dutch Passions Daiquiri LIme CBD. Ive grown out around a dozen Dutch Passion strains and have never been disappointed in any way.
You can always send a private message to mitch from mephisto about the availability of the strains you are after.

Good stuff 912GreenSkell, much appreciated. I have grown out their Durban Poison as well as Mazar (I believe it was their Mazar) a few years back and the Durban was especially impressive. I was just thinking about that strain and thinking about a Dutch Passion order for some regs. That Daiquiri Lime looks nice as well and may be what I am looking for.

I have access to Harlequin cuttings but I need to make an 8 hour drive to obtain them. I'd probably be better spending my time, money and energy on beans and growing them out.

Just placed my order with Mephisto (3 pack each of Toofless Alien, 3 Bears OG, Sour Stomper, and The White Train) so funds for Dutch Passion will have to wait. But damn do I want that Durban back

Good stuff 912GreenSkell, much appreciated. I have grown out their Durban Poison as well as Mazar (I believe it was their Mazar) a few years back and the Durban was especially impressive. I was just thinking about that strain and thinking about a Dutch Passion order for some regs. That Daiquiri Lime looks nice as well and may be what I am looking for.

I have access to Harlequin cuttings but I need to make an 8 hour drive to obtain them. I'd probably be better spending my time, money and energy on beans and growing them out.

Just placed my order with Mephisto (3 pack each of Toofless Alien, 3 Bears OG, Sour Stomper, and The White Train) so funds for Dutch Passion will have to wait. But damn do I want that Durban back

Awesome...I grew out a Durban poison photo last year and damn its a mighty impressive strains outdoors...smell, taste, and potency are amazing, and yield it typical of most DP strains I have grown outdoors(48oz dry). I would love to hear what you think of the review I wrote on it especially details about smell taste effect are similar to your experience with it. https://www.autoflower.org/threads/durban-poison-photoperiod-outdoor-grow-med-smoke-report.56690/ Here is a smoke and grow report I did on the daiquiri lime(not the cbd version) https://www.autoflower.org/threads/daiquiri-lime-outdoor-grow-med-smoke-report.54092/

Damn 8 hour drive!! That's a long drive! But hey harlequin!

I know my friend @Fragg has done the Dinafem auto CBD strains a couple of times, and he can help you out with their performance.

Unfortunately it looks like Dinafem does not ship to the states. I guess I could go through another vendor that carries their stuff, although I always prefer to go direct to the source when possible. Have had success with attitude in the past, gonna check them out or maybe Herbies? Never used them as I have heard mixed reviews in the past.

Unfortunately it looks like Dinafem does not ship to the states. I guess I could go through another vendor that carries their stuff, although I always prefer to go direct to the source when possible. Have had success with attitude in the past, gonna check them out or maybe Herbies? Never used them as I have heard mixed reviews in the past.

Attitude, Herbies, Alibongo(twice ordered), TheVault(once) are all trusted sources form Europe. In cannada I have had success with GTAseedbank(4 times), 420Kingston(once).
If I had to go to Europe to get what I needed I would go with the vault.

Back