Hextractor 1500 press/enail test by budelee

Thanks! I'm with you, thinking around 65% will probably be around optimal time.

Last night, I squeezed some by hand with a hair straightener, and it's very interesting how some plants yield almost nothing, while others give a lot.

My Amnesia Haze by Royal Queen Seeds, jarred on 03/27, yielded close to 0, which leads me to believe she just didn't produce much resin.

The Amnesia by Canuk, jarred on 03/05, gave me low yield.

Now, Delicious Candy by Delicious Seeds, jarred on 02/20, melts herself! That amount on the pics was from 3 very small buds from DC, plus a smidge from 2 very small Amnesia buds, maybe 1/5 of that was from Amny.
94b68fc768d00287e6d621db0ca18034.jpg
28c2c0e99ac0ddea336832bb0aa233c2.jpg
dbfdbfd4483f5791fbde514c7b6ff1d3.jpg
0146a71f9c31957895098536ca600433.jpg
2b43662efdf3a5fef5332d44b39dbbf1.jpg
22d993b661565bb5574589872aac252b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Are you ready for another houseguest..me...??

I got a NugSmasher. Got .8 out of 3.5 @200 degree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking good!! We can have a rosin pressin party!!

Thanks! I'm with you, thinking around 65% will probably be around optimal time.

Last night, I squeezed some by hand with a hair straightener, and it's very interesting how some plants yield almost nothing, while others give a lot.

My Amnesia Haze by Royal Queen Seeds, jarred on 03/27, yielded close to 0, which leads me to believe she just didn't produce much resin.

The Amnesia by Canuk, jarred on 03/05, gave me low yield.

Now, Delicious Candy by Delicious Seeds, jarred on 02/20, melts herself! That amount on the pics was from 3 very small buds from DC, plus a smidge from 2 very small Amnesia buds, maybe 1/5 of that was from Amny.

Interesting....the flower from the Auto Blue Amnesia XXL I grew out has so far in the presses I've done yielded almost nothing. Wonder if it's an Amnesia trait? I've always thought it would be nice to have a database or even maybe just a well done forum thread that would basically track which strains folks are having good results pressing with and which are low yielders for the process. :jointman:

Interesting....the flower from the Auto Blue Amnesia XXL I grew out has so far in the presses I've done yielded almost nothing. Wonder if it's an Amnesia trait? I've always thought it would be nice to have a database or even maybe just a well done forum thread that would basically track which strains folks are having good results pressing with and which are low yielders for the process. :jointman:
Great idea! I found that temperature plays a huge role. When I first started, I had the temperature too high and very poor results. I now use the lowest possible heat setting.

Other than that, two more things: making sure you cool it before trying to gather the rosin, and it takes practice and patience.

The best results I've had were from harvest hash, amazing returns! I have not been able to make rosin from kief at all, and it took a while before I was able to get anything from buds. I think I wasn't putting enough pressure.

My best results from buds were:

1 - Delicious Candy by Delicious Seeds, by far the best return.

2 - Super Lemon Haze by Royal Queen Seeds, good return and best lemon flavor.

3 - Amnesia by Canuk, poor return.

4 - Amnesia Haze by Royal Queen Seeds, close to 0, I didn't even scrape the paper.

Other than that, two more things: making sure you cool it before trying to gather the rosin, and it takes practice and patience.

On that note...another little "life hack" type trick I picked up and added to my pressing work flow that's worth passing on....

I've found that a cast iron tortilla press (minus the handle piece) kept in the freezer makes an excellent cold press to hit my packets with after they come out of the hot press. I leave 'em in there for 20 seconds or so while I press the next packet. Then when I've got them all done I'll take my little parchment paper stack of presses and stack them back in the tortilla press to keep them chilly as I pull 'em out one at a time to gather the rosin from.

Tortilla-press-10-inch.jpg

Back