Hextractor 1500 press/enail test by budelee

On that note...another little "life hack" type trick I picked up and added to my pressing work flow that's worth passing on....

I've found that a cast iron tortilla press (minus the handle piece) kept in the freezer makes an excellent cold press to hit my packets with after they come out of the hot press. I leave 'em in there for 20 seconds or so while I press the next packet. Then when I've got them all done I'll take my little parchment paper stack of presses and stack them back in the tortilla press to keep them chilly as I pull 'em out one at a time to gather the rosin from.

Tortilla-press-10-inch.jpg
Good idea! I have a small fan on the floor, with the face turned flat up and on maximum speed. As I remove the paper from the heat, I place it on the fan, with a water sprayer bottle on top. That way, by the time I finish, the first ones are cool.

I then lay the paper flat on top of a notebook and scrape the goodness... [emoji16] [emoji178]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Don't want to get too off on a tangent here, as @budelee has done an excellent job writing up the review on the Hextractor. Nice looking product, by the way. I agree with the sentiment that including the plug for the e-nail right there on the press so you can run your dab rig right off it to have "fresh off the press" dabs is a great feature!! The portability and "all in one" nature of it is pretty neat, too.

Anyhow...just a quick note for everyone: I've started up a thread to try and get a place where folks can look and see which strains work better or worse for rosin presses. Anyone that wants to contribute up their results is invited to join in: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/strain-results-tracking-for-rosin-pressing.59639/

Don't want to get too off on a tangent here, as @budelee has done an excellent job writing up the review on the Hextractor. Nice looking product, by the way. I agree with the sentiment that including the plug for the e-nail right there on the press so you can run your dab rig right off it to have "fresh off the press" dabs is a great feature!! The portability and "all in one" nature of it is pretty neat, too.

Anyhow...just a quick note for everyone: I've started up a thread to try and get a place where folks can look and see which strains work better or worse for rosin presses. Anyone that wants to contribute up their results is invited to join in: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/strain-results-tracking-for-rosin-pressing.59639/
Agreed!

@budelee

Sorry for hijacking your thread. Please feell free to delete or transfer my babbling to the new thread. I get a little overly excited talking about things llike rosin. [emoji106] [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

@budelee You're ruthless!!!! Originally, I was only interested in the e-nail as I am getting kinda tired of buying butane for my torches, and now you've got me trying to convince the wife that it's a good idea!!!! I tell her it's for "science" and she promptly laughs..

Little does she know....

That I'm dead serious.. Muahahahahahahahahaah!!!!! But seriously, when are these gonna be available again, because I have a chunk of change that says it'd look good in my room, on my coffee table..

:pass:

@budelee You're ruthless!!!! Originally, I was only interested in the e-nail as I am getting kinda tired of buying butane for my torches, and now you've got me trying to convince the wife that it's a good idea!!!! I tell her it's for "science" and she promptly laughs..

Little does she know....

That I'm dead serious.. Muahahahahahahahahaah!!!!! But seriously, when are these gonna be available again, because I have a chunk of change that says it'd look good in my room, on my coffee table..

:pass:
Good morning bro!! These units are the bomb!! Lemme see if i can get an answer from the Bee Nails Rep....I have an idea for you bro, buy a Hextractor, and give it to the wife for her birthday, thrn you can use it freely!! Woot woot, GoDamJT is getting a press!!:woohoo1:

@budelee Have you find out what temp works best for you and how long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, i have not, After a discussion with Ali from Bee Nails, i decided to wait a few days so my recent harvest/chop plants could be "live" pressed,and be in the right zone for moisture, i will start adjusting the temp and press time for the next update,now that i have some fresh material to compare against dry/cured material for return...

Be interesting to see what you get with fresh. I've heard of folks lovin' it, but I always get a watery mess when I've tried it before drying. Probably very strain dependent. But come to think of it, I may have had those results with strains that didn't do much even after drying and curing...hmmmmmmm..... *scratches head and tries to remember back through the stoney memory fog* :baked:

Be interesting to see what you get with fresh. I've heard of folks lovin' it, but I always get a watery mess when I've tried it before drying. Probably very strain dependent. But come to think of it, I may have had those results with strains that didn't do much even after drying and curing...hmmmmmmm..... *scratches head and tries to remember back through the stoney memory fog* :baked:
With the material that was documented, it did have a lot of moisture in it, and i had to let the water evap before i coupd smoke it, it gave a good return compared to the dry material i have, i will of course test different chop/cure, time/vs/fresh/live fir best results/returns

Back