Grow Mediums Help with ppm in water reservoir

Reaction score
So I recently started using autopot xl 6 pot system with 25 gallon reservoir tank. My question is after I mix all my nutrients in my reservoir and get my ppm where I need it, the next day I check my ppm again and it seems to drop and I haven't turned my tank valve on to feed the plants yet. Anyone else having this same problem and how do I need to fix it? I'm using canna coco a,b, silica, calmag, hydroguard, yucca, rhizotonic, cannazym, Armor Si, Diamond Nectar. Do I need to re add everything in smaller doses or just calmag. Ect how do you keep your ppm the same in the tank from day to day.

Your ppms should not change much if any at all. How much is it dropping? Did you "stir" the rez and check again? Are you adding nutrients in the proper order? Silica needs to be added first and stirred in well b4 adding anything else

So I recently started using autopot xl 6 pot system with 25 gallon reservoir tank. My question is after I mix all my nutrients in my reservoir and get my ppm where I need it, the next day I check my ppm again and it seems to drop and I haven't turned my tank valve on to feed the plants yet. Anyone else having this same problem and how do I need to fix it? I'm using canna coco a,b, silica, calmag, hydroguard, yucca, rhizotonic, cannazym, Armor Si, Diamond Nectar. Do I need to re add everything in smaller doses or just calmag. Ect how do you keep your ppm the same in the tank from day to day.
The pH could change if anything mine goes up a point here and there but never the ec or ppm

So it drops quite a bit, from 2000ppm to 1600 ppm the next day. I add, silica first wait about an hr usually then add calmag, then my two parts canna coco, then diamond nectar, then hydro guard, and last yucca

So it drops quite a bit, from 2000ppm to 1600 ppm the next day. I add, silica first wait about an hr usually then add calmag, then my two parts canna coco, then diamond nectar, then hydro guard, and last yucca

Just to be sure it's being done right - you're adding the canna A - then mixing throoughly before adding the canna B and mixing again right?
(That's how it should be done)

Have you checked if there are temperature differences when taking measurements?
From google - not exactly what you're asking, but insightful.

Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 14.51.04.png

Just to be sure it's being done right - you're adding the canna A - then mixing throoughly before adding the canna B and mixing again right?

View attachment 1412139
Yep I add a first then b then rhizotonic then cannazym

View attachment 1412139
Temps in the water stay about 74

Yep I add a first then b then rhizotonic then cannazym

I don't use meters anymore, and i've run an autopot for years.

I've got no idea why your resevoir feed strength is changing over a day. In a hydroponic system, where the roots are directly in the rez, you can read into the plants needs by the PH and EC/PPM change as the plant takes what it needs .. but that's not going to work in an autopot system, as the plants are only get fed a small amount of what is in the resevoir buy wicking up whats at the bottom of the tray. So there's no selective nute taking that could change whats in the rez.

My simple advice would be to calibrate your meter, and trust what you put in the rez as accurate.

Last idea:
Have you degassed the water if there's chloine in (an air pump will speed that up) before adding nutes.

Back