Help have I saved my girls or done them in....

switch now mate, it's time! ...grow nutes will mess with bud development...

You say switch now but I am only at day 31 surely that's to early to switch, I know you have more expiereance then me and I bow to your knowledge but 31 days just seems to early to me. If I was to switch on day 32 how long would it then be before I would be looking at harvesting certainly not in august like it would have been, your advice has left perplexed and unsure as to what to do......

nope, not too early at all,... they will need only about 4 weeks or so to finish bloom, pretty typical of autos, plus yours are smaller, and will be a bit faster to finish... if you had more sativa-dominant strains, that were large and still stretching, you might run grow nutes a little longer, or start a transition blend of grow-bloom, but not in this case,... my concern is if you ride the grow nutes too long, you'll end up with leafy, airy fluff buds- :nono: ... these plants are on a clock mate, you cannot alter their course significantly at this point... if you want, try a week of grow-bloom 50/50 blend, but to my eyes, these girls are done with stretching, it's bud building time.. they will still grow a bit more too during this stage,...

nope, not too early at all,... they will need only about 4 weeks or so to finish bloom, pretty typical of autos, plus yours are smaller, and will be a bit faster to finish... if you had more sativa-dominant strains, that were large and still stretching, you might run grow nutes a little longer, or start a transition blend of grow-bloom, but not in this case,... my concern is if you ride the grow nutes too long, you'll end up with leafy, airy fluff buds- :nono: ... these plants are on a clock mate, you cannot alter their course significantly at this point... if you want, try a week of grow-bloom 50/50 blend, but to my eyes, these girls are done with stretching, it's bud building time.. they will still grow a bit more too during this stage,...
Eden is still growing at 1.5 cm a day that's why I am uncertain what to do with her eve on the other hand I will start with her new nutes would you say an NPK of 6-14-7 would be OK for flowering or is that still to much N........

is that the actual bloom formula ratio, or the blend? It should be okay, as N is still needed during bloom, though that 6 is a bit high in relative comparison to the P and K #'s... I'd like to see more K too; most bloom formulas have P and K fairly close in number,.. some bloom boosters will have big P:K differences... for now go with what you've got, and in a week or so, revisit the nute regime again, maybe get a booster going, and try to make as much bud as you can!

is that the actual bloom formula ratio, or the blend? It should be okay, as N is still needed during bloom, though that 6 is a bit high in relative comparison to the P and K #'s... I'd like to see more K too; most bloom formulas have P and K fairly close in number,.. some bloom boosters will have big P:K differences... for now go with what you've got, and in a week or so, revisit the nute regime again, maybe get a booster going, and try to make as much bud as you can!

Thank you for your advice and help. I have been told that I should follow your advice because you are a cannabis genius and I would be a fool not to so the change over starts tomorrow. I will address the k level in my mute regime also if ok with you any more problems I have with future grows can I call upon you for more help and expert guidance....
:peek::hula:

I have started them on there flowering nutes, eve has plenty of at present small buds eden has less but way larger. Looking forward to seeing them swell and increase (I hope) in size. I have been doing non stop research into auto's so I don't make the mistakes I made in this my first auto grow with my next grow, which will be a larger grow in about eleven weeks when I feel I will have gained enough knowledge to have as near a perfect grow as possible. In the meantime shall finish off what I have growing now and will post some pics as soon as the buds have swollen a bit.........

:rofl:-- no genius here mate! Everybody starts with Auto 101, right? And make no mistake, auto's are more tricky than photo's on several levels,... nothing beats sheer experience too, to learn and read the plants, manage pH'ing in solutions and grow media,... research is as much about learning what NOT to do! :biggrin: --keep grinding mate, you'll be cranking out phat buds soon enough! :slap:

Hi there mate ,The reason your Ph was probebly sky rocketing could have been due to a couple of things the two most notable ones i would say are ,not having the buffering capacity in the nutrient solution ie.ppms to low causing ph swings , or the other i would say is not washing the hydroton before use.
it's unlikely a res infection as this drops Ph ..usually and so will the ppms being to high.

Well both girls are coming on slowly but surely, they are getting there smell on now as well and boy do I take a deep breath of their gentle but distinct odour, can't wait till the day I open up the tent and get floored by the aroma. My research is coming on well have been non stop reading mostly on AFN for about 4-5 hours a night, five nights a week at work. There's going to be some big changes in my next grow,I've picked and bought my seeds two will most defiantly be narcotherapy auto( cream of the crop) again and either 2 auto black diesel( Advanced seeds) or an auto mazar( Dutch passion seeds) with a HImalayann blue ( Short stuff seeds) and will be doing a grow log for that one although this has been a bit of a mini one even though it started as a cry for help
Will be taking women photos of eve and eden today if I have time and will hopefully pop them on later today........

Well both girls are coming on slowly but surely, they are getting there smell on now as well and boy do I take a deep breath of their gentle but distinct odour, can't wait till the day I open up the tent and get floored by the aroma. My research is coming on well have been non stop reading mostly on AFN for about 4-5 hours a night, five nights a week at work. There's going to be some big changes in my next grow,I've picked and bought my seeds two will most defiantly be narcotherapy auto( cream of the crop) again and either 2 auto black diesel( Advanced seeds) or an auto mazar( Dutch passion seeds) with a HImalayann blue ( Short stuff seeds) and will be doing a grow log for that one although this has been a bit of a mini one even though it started as a cry for help
Will be taking women photos of eve and eden today if I have time and will hopefully pop them on later today........
:headbang:

Back