Live Stoners Hello! I'm happy to be here!

Yeah, remember that I got some concrete blocks over at other property so I'll have to bring them over to set drum on after I install a spigot.

It has been 3 days since posting the last photo in comment #11 on 2/28. The amount of growth looks good to me, but having never grown autos before, what do you think? Today is day 14 since sprouting.
PXL_20210303_221106243.jpg

I haven't watered her since 2/27. The lights came on recently so I'll check the soil later tonight and decide whether to water tonight or tomorrow.

Going to continue using RO water with CalMag and Silica. I know that Man O Green and others are anti-CalMag, and while I haven't done enough research to have a strong POV, given I'm not seeing any signs of trouble, I don't see a reason to move to a different routine at this time. I did see that Biobizz's feeding chart recommends adding CalMag when using RO water (I'm using FFOF but noticed the Biobizz feed chart in another thread), and I've heard that RO will strip CalMag from the soil and plant if RO water isn't buffered. Oh, I just noticed that this site has a myth buster section, I'll see if there is a CalMag thread there.

Of the two plants (I'm just documenting this one plant since it is currently and continues to be a tad bigger than the other), this is the plant that stretched as a seedling and fell over. I found her laying on her stem with the leaves turned 90 degrees to catch the light. I had propped her up using a small length of soft twist tie -- just enough for her to lean against -- but her stem thickened enough to the point now where I could remove that.

Any feedback, thoughts, or suggestions appreciated!

Looks real good at day 14! Just keep doin what your doin I guess. Lift pots to see if they are light or heavy and water accordingly

It has been 2 days since my last pic. I gave each plant 6 cups of water yesterday with same PH range and the CalMag + Silica Blast.

I'm getting concerned about temps. Tonight the temp at canopy level is at 84 degrees F. It hasn't gotten this warm in there before and I'm concerned it is going to only accelerate as Colorado warms up. Unfortunately, I can't get a portable air conditioner because I don't have a means of exhausting the hot air out the room. What should I do? Get an evaporative cooler?

Day 16 since sprout:
PXL_20210305_232720491.jpg

It has been 3 days since posting the last photo in comment #11 on 2/28. The amount of growth looks good to me, but having never grown autos before, what do you think? Today is day 14 since sprouting.
View attachment 1293165
I haven't watered her since 2/27. The lights came on recently so I'll check the soil later tonight and decide whether to water tonight or tomorrow.

Going to continue using RO water with CalMag and Silica. I know that Man O Green and others are anti-CalMag, and while I haven't done enough research to have a strong POV, given I'm not seeing any signs of trouble, I don't see a reason to move to a different routine at this time. I did see that Biobizz's feeding chart recommends adding CalMag when using RO water (I'm using FFOF but noticed the Biobizz feed chart in another thread), and I've heard that RO will strip CalMag from the soil and plant if RO water isn't buffered. Oh, I just noticed that this site has a myth buster section, I'll see if there is a CalMag thread there.

Of the two plants (I'm just documenting this one plant since it is currently and continues to be a tad bigger than the other), this is the plant that stretched as a seedling and fell over. I found her laying on her stem with the leaves turned 90 degrees to catch the light. I had propped her up using a small length of soft twist tie -- just enough for her to lean against -- but her stem thickened enough to the point now where I could remove that.

Any feedback, thoughts, or suggestions appreciated!
It is the indiscriminate use of Cal-Mag I am against. RO water may call for some depending on the levels in your starting water and nutrient line.

You can decide if an evaporative cooler will work for you by looking at this chart. Does the ambient RH/Temps fit your climate? A swamp cooler will raise the tent/garage RH by about 20%.

2021-03-05_22-26-14.jpg

It is the indiscriminate use of Cal-Mag I am against. RO water may call for some depending on the levels in your starting water and nutrient line.

You can decide if an evaporative cooler will work for you by looking at this chart. Does the ambient RH/Temps fit your climate? A swamp cooler will raise the tent/garage RH by about 20%.

View attachment 1293827
Hey there, thanks for the response. My reference to you wasn't meant as criticism or to be negative in any other way, but rather, to acknowledge that there are growers with vastly more knowledge and experience than me who aren't fans of CalMag. Thank you for clarification of your POV being tied to indiscriminate use. And I appreciate the chart for evaporative coolers! Turns out that I'm not in the optimal range so thanks for saving me the wasted money.

Do you have a suggested path forward? Right at this moment (11:34pm MTN) it is 35 degrees out, and 84 degrees in my tent. Source air is 71 degrees. Hmmm....I should also check to make sure that the timer for the larger room's exhaust fan hasn't failed. My Titan light timer died in a few days, maybe the Titan fan timer is shut too.

Hey there, thanks for the response. My reference to you wasn't meant as criticism or to be negative in any other way, but rather, to acknowledge that there are growers with vastly more knowledge and experience than me who aren't fans of CalMag. Thank you for clarification of your POV being tied to indiscriminate use. And I appreciate the chart for evaporative coolers! Turns out that I'm not in the optimal range so thanks for saving me the wasted money.

Do you have a suggested path forward? Right at this moment (11:34pm MTN) it is 35 degrees out, and 84 degrees in my tent. Source air is 71 degrees. Hmmm....I should also check to make sure that the timer for the larger room's exhaust fan hasn't failed. My Titan light timer died in a few days, maybe the Titan fan timer is shut too.
No offense taken.

Yeah something is wrong, you should have no problem bringing the heat down. If that outside air is dry it will be even drier when you warm it up indoors.

No offense taken.

Yeah something is wrong, you should have no problem bringing the heat down. If that outside air is dry it will be even drier when you warm it up indoors.
Great, glad no offense taken. Thanks!

So I just went into the room and the room's exhaust fan was running, so the timer lives. The only other thing I can think of is that I originally had the room's fan set to exhaust the room for 15 min every hour, but when it was colder outside, I was having a hard time getting the temps up in the tent, so I changed the timing to 15 min every two hours. Now that it is warming up I should probably test returning to the original frequency to make sure the tent's exhausted air is getting out of the room and not just circulating out of the tent and back in.

I went into the tent last night. Environment is definitely a concern; it was hitting 84 degrees F and 34% humidity. The girls were drooping a bit, which I thought might be an overheating issue. I picked up the pots, but in a sloppy fashion -- just grabbing one side and lifting it to get a sense -- and thought water could wait until today. Went in this morning before lights went out and the bigger one was more droopy. Picked up both pots correctly and learned my lesson. The smaller of the two recovered immediately after watering. The bigger girl took some more time but both look back in shape now.

I did some leaf tucking on the bigger one, mainly taking the bigger fan leaves and tucking them below the smaller ones that are growing in above to open up the canopy. I've never done LST before but I'm thinking about tying down the main stem soon.

I tinkered with the room's exhaust timing and now have the temp at 81 with RH at 57 and climbing now that I added a second small humidifier into the room. I'll keep monitoring in real time from the AC Infinity app and will go in and dial down the new humidifier as needed, though the other one has its humidistat set to turn off if the RH hits 65%, so I should be good.

Temps though I'm really concerned about. If it is hitting 84 F with the light at 60%, what is it going to get to at 80% or 100%? Should I be thinking about CO2?

Day 18 since sprouting:
RocBud Mar 7.jpg

Back