Live Stoners Hello! I'm happy to be here!

Thanks, all! Here is a pic of one of the girls (the other is right about the same size). From a growth standpoint, how is she looking given the seedling broke ground on 2/17?
PXL_20210228_154303654.jpg

Two things I did wrong (so far) and learned from:

* Watering: Underwatered at start. I didn't even saturate the pot before planting the seed, just poured 2 ounces in the center where I was going to plant the seed, then after putting the seed in, I added a bit more water on top. Then I went to like a cup. Then I remembered I just need to lift the bag to check for water and to stop being shy about it. Gave each plant 6 cups of water on the 23rd and again last night. I probably should have given them water one day earlier, but I'm relearning and know to expect mistakes after a 20 year break from growing. I'm filling up a gallon container with RO water, adding 5ML of CalMag and 5ML of SilicaBlast, and PHing it to between 6.2 and 6.5. After I water the plants, I wait 15 minutes and then discard any runoff that hasn't been reabsorbed. Anything you would suggest I do differently growing in Ocean Forest?

* Air circulation: I had 4 4" clip fans, one in each top corner of the tent, with the thinking that that would help maintain an even level of temperature throughout the tent, but I felt early growth was slow (though, yes, a lot of early growth happens underground) and noticed that the leaves weren't moving even with all 4 fans on high. I added a 10" oscillating fan and placed it on a step stool next to the pots, and they seemed to really respond to that (plus the water).

You won't need cal-mag in Ocean Forest for awhile.....I run my setup 24/7, its always on 78 degrees and 52% RH.......used it once in 30 days.

The Silica Blast is probably fine. How much water u give a plant is up to the grower. 6 cups seems like a lot to me for a plant of that size.

Everybody does it different, I've seen autogrowers on here that run with 30% RH.......I don't use clip on fans anymore. One 46" tall oscillating fan with 3 fans inside it (low, medium height fan and upper fans inside it)........consistent airflow all over each plant.......under the plant, mid plant and upper plant

You won't need cal-mag in Ocean Forest for awhile.....I run my setup 24/7, its always on 78 degrees and 52% RH.......used it once in 30 days.

The Silica Blast is probably fine. How much water u give a plant is up to the grower. 6 cups seems like a lot to me for a plant of that size.

Everybody does it different, I've seen autogrowers on here that run with 30% RH.......I don't use clip on fans anymore. One 46" tall oscillating fan with 3 fans inside it (low, medium height fan and upper fans inside it)........consistent airflow all over each plant.......under the plant, mid plant and upper plant

That fan seems like a smart idea. Is there one in particular you would recommend?

No CalMag? I thought RO water would strip it from the plants if you didn't add some CalMag to the water? My municipal water supply isn't bad, so maybe I should just switch to tap water after letting it sit to get rid of the chlorine.

Mine is an Amazon Basics Oscillating Tower fan I bought awhile back, price was decent.

Leave tap water in a tub for 24 hours, all chlorine will dissipate. At that point I use citric acid powder (100% citric) to PH down my tap water to 6.4 to 6.6

I've never used RO water so I have no clue on that.

That fan seems like a smart idea. Is there one in particular you would recommend?

No CalMag? I thought RO water would strip it from the plants if you didn't add some CalMag to the water? My municipal water supply isn't bad, so maybe I should just switch to tap water after letting it sit to get rid of the chlorine.
Or collect rainwater.

Careful Partner, that's a crime in some places :yoinks::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

not so much anymore really :shrug: hell, here in missouri, it'z not only legal, but encouraged...and i take full advantage of it, lol :smokeit: ppp

not so much anymore really :shrug: hell, here in missouri, it'z not only legal, but encouraged...and i take full advantage of it, lol :smokeit: ppp
There are some places where its getting worse. I don't live in one thankfully either.

I am building a new shop/barn in a month or two, don't want to drill another well...I am STRONGLY looking into a rainwater system so I can have water to wash myself and vehicles. Thought about moving my grow out there as well....How do you like it?

Getting close to being finished moving into new place, it has gutters and down spouts. Put a 5 gal. bucket under to catch last week's rain. 6.5 ph, the well water here is above 10 so today bought a 55 gal. drum cause we expecting more rain next week.

Getting close to being finished moving into new place, it has gutters and down spouts. Put a 5 gal. bucket under to catch last week's rain. 6.5 ph, the well water here is above 10 so today bought a 55 gal. drum cause we expecting more rain next week.
Sounds like I’ll need to do it!!

Back