Extraction Has anyone tried this?

Here is what happend. Oil/VG I decarbed at 250 40 mins didn't grind tho. Last week I took .7g of Ripley OG cut up little to dank to grind decarbed 240 40mins. Cut up more pit in nutella for 1.5 days last .5 day had on germ mat for some heat. I also put some lecithin in eat all off it and nothing. I smoked while I eat the same stuff and couldn't tell if I was high few hours latter. I smoke often so tolerance is high so may work a little bit not like I'm use to normally I can tell.for sure. Didn't grind up cause sooooo sticky that's the only difference oh I used Pyrex not metal pan. So thought was going to try grinding and using metal pan to DECARB. Checked oven with pizza stone. Heated to 240 front and back were 233, middle was 254 so oven in good range as could hope. The .7g wasn't dry afterwards still soft so didn't think it was decarbed then. Got a lsd25 going now going to do alcohol tincture of just that when done. Ya VG sucks but didn't want to have to burn off alcohol maybe just can't make that way.

Grinding to powder helps because tiny herb particles can better absorb oil for better digestion. Time helps a bit for the same absorption reason.
After decarb, the herb is far less sticky, and can be more easily ground. Get a brush to brush dust particles/trichome pieces out of a coffee grinder.
My experience is that coarse or concentrated whole herb is not easily digested, and needs to be spread out into something oily. This isn't true for concentrates.

Don't forget, edibles are highly variable, take almost 2 hours to kick in, and their effects can be influenced by what you've eaten for dinner.

Decarb first, then freeze.
I don't always freeze the material, so if you want the benefits of the chlorophyll you don't need to freeze.

Any of the methods can be done with decarbed or nondecarbed material. The difference is, cannabis not decarbed the cannabinoids are in their acid forms. THC is THCa, CBD is CBDa, etc.
THCa is not psychoactive but does have many medical properties. As do the other cannabinoids in their acid forms.

I make two honey tinctures, Green Honey with decarbed cannabis and K-Honey with undecarbed cannabis.
Both tinctures reduce pain, help with sleep, appetite, anxiety etc.
With the only basic difference is no psychoactivity with the K-Honey

I had a Mb2 at one time. I actually find it easier to do it myself...and I don't like the way it pulverizes the material.
I like a rough breaking up of buds.
Unless you plan to consume the material...then the Mb2 would be perfect.
Ok, I will do that sounds good. Ya with the stuff I made I feel something but not really high like I usually do. May try leaving cannabis in this time.

Grinding to powder helps because tiny herb particles can better absorb oil for better digestion. Time helps a bit for the same absorption reason.
After decarb, the herb is far less sticky, and can be more easily ground. Get a brush to brush dust particles/trichome pieces out of a coffee grinder.
My experience is that coarse or concentrated whole herb is not easily digested, and needs to be spread out into something oily. This isn't true for concentrates.

Don't forget, edibles are highly variable, take almost 2 hours to kick in, and their effects can be influenced by what you've eaten for dinner.
Ya I know about them how and when, just weren't working trying to find out which variable is the reason. Don't have a coffee grinder just hand grinder. Can I use a blender? I have a brand new one I found downstairs. My mb2 has a blender blade in it so get chopped up in there. How can I take away some stickiness so when I grind it lessons the clogging?

Ya I know about them how and when, just weren't working trying to find out which variable is the reason. Don't have a coffee grinder just hand grinder. Can I use a blender? I have a brand new one I found downstairs. My mb2 has a blender blade in it so get chopped up in there. How can I take away some stickiness so when I grind it lessons the clogging?
Blender should work if it can grind to near powder.

Back