Harvest within a week?

Reaction score
Good morning boys and girls!
First grower here, I'm close to harvesting my first plant ever but I have a hard time to see how much more I'll let it flower.
Mostly of the pistils have turned orange and curled inwards. Except for the lower ones, it's pretty tight inside my tent so it's hard to expose all of them to light.

I started flushing yesterday.

Here's a picture, couldn't move them outside the tent.

Attachments

• IMG_20200730_103839.jpg
    IMG_20200730_103839.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 86
If possible, take a pic with lights off and just a flash on camera so we can help more.
Orange/curled pistils are one sign of prep, along with swollen calyxs and leaf changes. Digest the cues in the harvest thread and gain your own experience with an informed position.

If possible, take a pic with lights off and just a flash on camera so we can help more.
Orange/curled pistils are one sign of prep, along with swollen calyxs and leaf changes. Digest the cues in the harvest thread and gain your own experience with an informed position.
Thanks!

I'll post a pic tomorrow!
It's suppose to be ready within 8 weeks but it's in week 9 now because it was not quit ready 1 week ago.

Cheers

This is how they look now, some of the lower buds are underdeveloped.
I think I should chop if within a week, what do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_20200731_093121.jpg
    IMG_20200731_093121.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20200731_093139.jpg
    IMG_20200731_093139.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 84
This is how they look now, some of the lower buds are underdeveloped.
I think I should chop if within a week, what do you think?
They look good, but it's really hard to be sure with pics. With that said, in the last pics the trichs seem clear, so maybe 3 weeks. If you can try and use a microscope or loupe.

They look good, but it's really hard to be sure with pics. With that said, in the last pics the trichs seem clear, so maybe 3 weeks. If you can try and use a microscope or loupe.

I'll purchase one tomorrow and I'll take a closer look on the trichs. I've just been watching the pistils as they turn more orange and curly.
It's suppose to be ready to harvest in 8 weeks from germination. I'm on week 9 now.

The trichs will continue to develop when I'm flushing right? Started the flush a couple of days ago and I was aiming to give it at least a week of plain water.

I'll purchase one tomorrow and I'll take a closer look on the trichs. I've just been watching the pistils as they turn more orange and curly.
It's suppose to be ready to harvest in 8 weeks from germination. I'm on week 9 now.

The trichs will continue to develop when I'm flushing right? Started the flush a couple of days ago and I was aiming to give it at least a week of plain water.
Look, i am going to be honest here. I'm only at my second grow. My experience is little, and i learnt almost everything with the growers of AFN.
So, about the time it takes. The seller gives an idea of what the time it takes in ideal conditions. I have two girls, same breed, same seed pack, same conditions. One will take around 12 weeks the other maybe 14. Each plant will do her thing, and with autos, most will reach the end.
The trichs will keep maturing during the flush. I think most people flush, some don't. At the moment i'm flushing one girl but i'll keep feeding her sister almost till the end. Trying to figure that one by myself.
Be patient and good luck. As @420Forever says, if you think she's ready, give her another week.

Look, i am going to be honest here. I'm only at my second grow. My experience is little, and i learnt almost everything with the growers of AFN.
So, about the time it takes. The seller gives an idea of what the time it takes in ideal conditions. I have two girls, same breed, same seed pack, same conditions. One will take around 12 weeks the other maybe 14. Each plant will do her thing, and with autos, most will reach the end.
The trichs will keep maturing during the flush. I think most people flush, some don't. At the moment i'm flushing one girl but i'll keep feeding her sister almost till the end. Trying to figure that one by myself.
Be patient and good luck. As @420Forever says, if you think she's ready, give her another week.

Thanks man!

Here's some more pics.

Attachments

• received_209403530502473.jpeg
    received_209403530502473.jpeg
    995 KB · Views: 64
  • received_3025102950937494.jpeg
    received_3025102950937494.jpeg
    747.8 KB · Views: 67
  • received_4384826484890784.jpeg
    received_4384826484890784.jpeg
    877.8 KB · Views: 67
judging by the tricomes i think she has some time left. also a pic from slightly further away could help judge the size of the buds to the other growth.

i started doing partial harvests, taking some off the top that seems ready and letting the newly uncovered spots develop for a week or two more. the staggered approach is kinda nice. by the time you are curing your first harvest you can take the 2nd harvest, maybe you will even have some left for a 3rd harvest.

and the orange hairs, there will be new ones coming in, they replenish from what i have seen.

Back