Grow Mediums Hans’ Autopot Grow and Show – Gorilla Glue / Red Poison

just a quick question if anyone can help i turned my autos on yday i checked the roots to make sure they were at the bottom so from now on will my coco look bone dry at the top as its my first time using these as on pot looks that way
Hey bro, if your pots were already dry before turning on the autopots then yeah the top will likely stay that way... If you feel the weight of the pots they should be pretty heavy though if they are drinking properly.

sound thanks they were slightly wet on top from when i has top fed them so im assuming they have started bottom feeding thats why its dry i was just not sure if they will always look dry at top now is that correct and thanks for your fast reply

well made journal. Thank you, without this thread i would have tried to fill 4x4 with 4 autopots :p
Cheers bro, glad you found it useful... Yeah 4 pots can be done but definitely overkill imo, 2 plants is all you need to fill that space typically... Or in some cases just one plant, as is evident by my current grow. ;)

i get the philosophy behind 1 plant per 4x4 but i am really trying to get 500g per 4x4. And to get it from one plant... i am not that good yet :)

i get the philosophy behind 1 plant per 4x4 but i am really trying to get 500g per 4x4. And to get it from one plant... i am not that good yet :)
Autopots and the correct genetics make you that good. :rofl: They just grow monsters with the right genetics.

Thanks @briman , yeah really impressed with this strain.

Not sure if you saw my post the other day... think I figured out what the issue was. Yeah it's best not to let the res and lines completely dry up between fillings but I had flushed them out good with hot water after the first time they clogged up so that wasn't my issue.

Have you been cleaning/flushing your valves and lines regularly or you able to make it through a grow without doing that using the drip clean?
Hello hanz I have a few questions if you don't mind answering as I think you are best to answer them.

Okay 1 how does auto pots work. This gravity feed system confuse me how does the water go to plant with out putting to much or too little.

Question 2 , if using r/o water and these same nutrients you used in this grow , is is necessary to PH the water before using

And final question, how does the water leave the plants after it drains does it just sit it the runoff water or does the runoff get recycled
thank you for your time:cheersmate:

Hello hanz I have a few questions if you don't mind answering as I think you are best to answer them.

Okay 1 how does auto pots work. This gravity feed system confuse me how does the water go to plant with out putting to much or too little.

Question 2 , if using r/o water and these same nutrients you used in this grow , is is necessary to PH the water before using

And final question, how does the water leave the plants after it drains does it just sit it the runoff water or does the runoff get recycled
thank you for your time:cheersmate:
I'm not Hans but I will try to answer your questions.

1) They have a thing called an aqua valve which allows the tray to go through a wet/dry cycle. They feed from the bottom tray which is where the aqua valve sits and controls the flow of water.

2) There are several on here that don't check pH with this combination and do so quite effectively. I'm an old DWC grower so have a bad habit of checking all the time.

3) Once you turn on the reservoir, they feed from the bottom and there is no runoff. The water enters through the valve in the bottom tray. plants take the water in from the bottom, and it soaks into whatever medium you are using.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks man so doesnt the advance nutes change ph like bud candy, voodoo juice etc

Thanks man so doesnt the advance nutes change ph like bud candy, voodoo juice etc
Not really the way it works. If I understand AN's theory on it, is that it does not adjust the pH but rather that the nutes are chelated to be more bio-available to the roots regardless of the pH. I still think if for some reason your pH swings too far out of range you might still have some problems with uptake.

Back