Dinafem Growing White Cheese In cooler temps

I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada. Yea once it gets into the -40 territory it's feels awfully chilly outside. I'm starting to see the bud sites fill in now and some sugar coming in on the leaves. I'll post an updated pic next week once it chunks up a lil more. There is definitely no holding back her smell though, ohh boy she's a smeller. Now that it's legal and Canada I just vent strait outside. Sharing the love with the neighbors.

I've been able to keep her at 68-72 but you can see in the following pic's she's way behind where it should be I think on day 63. Still just spitting out white hairs and small fluff ball nugs. Hopefully she just wants to take her time ,and I'm ok with that.

63b.jpg

63A.jpg

Day63.jpg

Just no way I can add a heater to the grow sadly. I'm just going to have to ride it out and see how it goes. I did however just drop a seedling mat under the smart pot. Not sure if it'll help or not.

Not much of an update, was just in the picture taking mood. I think she likes the seedling mat though. Any possible issues from it ? Mold, or getting really root bound at the bottom of the cloth pots ?

8jpg.jpg
9.jpg
11jpg.jpg

No sugar love yet, but I know it wants too

Here is a sugar pic from my first grow , DF white cheese at around day 65 as well.
sugarfirstgrow.png

Last edited:
I like the structure, did you top it or just LST?

Maybe it's just the photo but your leaves are looking very pale. Are you still feeding her? I'm no expert by any means so feel free to disregard

Just lst. I was a little worried about the leaves too. I am still feeding 1/2 str flora series (micro,grow,bloom) and big bud at 1/2 str. Seems to me like the leaves are are saying day 65 but the rest of the plant is saying day 45. Pretty inexperienced so not sure what to make of it all. Maybe if @Dinafem-Mark you have a moment could you share your thoughts on it ?

Thank you.

Edit: growing in sunshine mix [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] ph @ 6.3

Last edited:
Just lst. I was a little worried about the leaves too. I am still feeding 1/2 str flora series (micro,grow,bloom) and big bud at 1/2 str. Seems to me like the leaves are are saying day 65 but the rest of the plant is saying day 45. Pretty inexperienced so not sure what to make of it all. Maybe if @Dinafem-Mark you have a moment could you share your thoughts on it ?

Thank you.

Edit: growing in sunshine mix [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] ph @ 6.3

The plant does look to be running out of steam a little earlier than I would like. Typically Auto White Cheese us 65-75 day's and I would feed until day 56-60 (pheno dependant ) .

What day are you on now mate?

All the best

Mark..

I see you are at day 65 so things do look on track mate. Keep feeding for 5 more day's then start the flush in preparation for harvest :pass:

Considering the outdoor temperatures your dealing with your doing a fine job. I can't see the heat mat causing any issues and will help to keep those roots warm :bong:

Keep the update coming mate as harvest is approaching fast :pass:

All the best

Mark..

In the above pics it was day 65. So day 67 today.

edit : posted the same time :)

Day67.jpg
The buds still look pretty immature yet , all white hairs. Could I extend this to maybe a 95 day grow ?

Last edited:
The buds still look pretty immature yet , all white hairs. Could I extend this to maybe a 95 day grow ?

I've just been giving this grow a bit of thought as my dad grew in Alaska way back in the late 1970,s. I do remember him telling me due to the colder temperatures strains that Would typically finish in 56 days (Photoperiod) Would take upwards of 70-80 day's down to the cold drastically slowing grow. No reduced yields as far as I can remember and more resin produced. My dad thought the added cold made the plant produce more trichomes. Maybe he was correct, I assume you've grown in this climate for sometime?. Have you found this mate?

My best advice is to view those trichomes and they will let you know when it's harvest time. Yes, You could go 95 day's with this strain. I've not seen her go that far but I've not seen these environmental conditions. Very interesting to watch :pass:

All the best

Mark..

Back