Grove Bag Alternative

...Grove bags do not let water vapor in, in my experience. My bud overdries in them if I leave it in them too long... :)
These laminated bags allow selective passive diffusion of gases through their multiple layers. (Re)Hydration of over-dry buds/contents requires a higher relative humidity outside the bag. I presume that is why many or most users seem to let their buds dry/cure to their satisfaction then seal the bags inside or repackage the buds in an air-tight container.

I'm somehow reluctant to google 'nut bags' to get more information
I searched for "laminated nut bags" and looking quickly it appears that nut bags are air-tight, with most or all having an aluminum foil layer, with no mention of selective water vapor diffusion.

There could be bags used for fresh vegetables and other herbs made to control rH of their contents. There is likely more promise of a Grove alternative here vs. nut bags.

Curious to see if they work the same. Doesn't say anything about air exchange. Hopefully nobody is opening bags up to moldy weed in 6 months. But 25 bags for $25 is real cheap compared to 20 2oz grove bags for $55 with shipping. The shipping from grove has always been absurd. You keeping the bags in the cannatrol? @Frankthetank

Curious to see if they work the same. Doesn't say anything about air exchange. Hopefully nobody is opening bags up to moldy weed in 6 months. But 25 bags for $25 is real cheap compared to 20 2oz grove bags for $55 with shipping. The shipping from grove has always been absurd. You keeping the bags in the cannatrol? @Frankthetank
I use the bags to put flower in once it’s finished with the eight day dry/cure cycle….if I need the space for more buds. I’ve stored the bags both in and out of the Cannatrol… although when they’re inside, I leave the zipper open like recommended. Generally, I use them out of the unit…. I bought them because of the grove shipping.

To be clear though, I don’t store in these bags much more than several weeks at a time. Usually, I press the flower asap…. Or I swap the flower to paper bags for longer term storage inside the Cannatrol. These bags are basically a holdover for me, and easier to work with than jars. :pass:

I use the bags to put flower in once it’s finished with the eight day dry/cure cycle….if I need the space for more buds. I’ve stored the bags both in and out of the Cannatrol… although when they’re inside, I leave the zipper open like recommended. Generally, I use them out of the unit…. I bought them because of the grove shipping.

To be clear though, I don’t store in these bags much more than several weeks at a time. Usually, I press the flower asap…. Or I swap the flower to paper bags for longer term storage inside the Cannatrol. These bags are basically a holdover for me, and easier to work with than jars. :pass:
I put BOOST in the bags with my herb. Seems to be the ideal way to cure and properly hold the stash long term in them IMO.

:pass:

Yeah people have stated that those humidity packs take away terpenes. Now if that's bro science or not we don't know!
I have noticed after using them it's not the same. I saw a video where it's claimed Boveda says the smell is lessened because the packs put a small layer of water vapor over the bud. Which is why there is less smell. Once you break open the buds the smell will return. I don't smoke flower anymore so I don't break buds open, but after pressing rosin it seems to me the taste has dissipated. Could be bud is simply older than before like naturally degrading??? Just my experience I only use them when necessary. I always seem to over dry, but since I got a moisture meter I'm getting it into the Grove bags at the appropriate %. When I do that the Grove bags seem to work fine on there own. Anything I have put in good hasn't gotten dried out.

Stay lifted

Back