Live Stoners Greetings from the great north!=)

@Mañ'O'Green thanks! and will do man.i'll have to check that out and take notes, as I would like to start them in solo cups on my window sill and get a head start on bad weather / frost
Do you have easy access to any potting soil with light starter nutrients designed for cannabis? If you do I would make larger pots out of 1/2 gallon milk jugs lined with several layers of newspaper. Then use rapid rooters (etc.) and start your seeds in them in the lined jugs (holes in the bottom for drainage) full of the soil. This is going to give you more time indoors if the weather does not co-operate with your schedule. You do not want the plants to become root bound before you can move them to their new homes.

Do you have easy access to any potting soil with light starter nutrients designed for cannabis? If you do I would make larger pots out of 1/2 gallon milk jugs lined with several layers of newspaper. Then use rapid rooters (etc.) and start your seeds in them in the lined jugs (holes in the bottom for drainage) full of the soil. This is going to give you more time indoors if the weather does not co-operate with your schedule. You do not want the plants to become root bound before you can move them to their new homes.
good call on timing. Solo insta transplanters do good for me @10D from seed, still have room for a couple more days. 1 gal soil does great for a month window start.

i have some Pro Mix organic potting soil what are good light starter nutrients i'll order them this winter. i'll think about trying 1/2 gallon milk jugs ,dumb question how would i go about transferring them to the 5 gallon smart pots ,when ready do i plant with news paper or carefully peal them out of the jug and paper? thanks!

dude thanks!! i'll check him out as well i'm 45.6N , all the N vet info i can get is right up my alley , we had great summer this year but who knows next am praying to the grow gods though :worship:

45.6 nice!! Sounds like a familiar climate!! Have you read the outdoor guide(s) i wrote yet? They are in the tutorial section if you have not. @trailanimal thanks for the kind words my friend!!

Last edited:
Back