Mephisto Genetics Grape Crinkle....bring it on!

Aren't you the first to grow Grape Crinkle on AFN? I've got a sneaking hunch your thread is going to get a ton of views!

I'm making my popcorn...:pop:

There is at least 2 other fellow growers here on the Mephisto forum that are growing them as well. I think they both are about a month into their grows.

After just 22hrs we have a little tap root about 3/16" long so into the root cube she goes. I boiled some expanded clay pellets this morning, got my 3.5 gallon bubble bucket setup as this grow is under way! I will update once we are above the root cube.

Well she is off to a blazing start. Came home from work and she is above the root cube!

GC_Day1.jpg

And so it beings.....my Mephisto Genetics order arrived today....4-20! I have been holding off on starting a new grow due to lack of Mephisto seeds in my collection. My Thanksgiving time order was caught last fall by customs so I have been out of the awesome genetics Mitch and his team have made for us. This problem ended today with my package of Grape Crinkle and a restock of Sour Crack. My game plan for this round will be the same as my last two grows. A 3.5 gallon DWC bubble bucket, simple General Hydroponics Micro,Grow and Bloom, GH MagiCal and a touch of Botanicare Silica.The big change this time is my light. I am going to move away from my trusty little MarsHydro 300w old model to a DIY COB fixture I made over the last week. It uses some of the guts from a Mars300 and a pair of 36v Cree cxb3590 3000K COB's. I will be adding a single 72v cxb3590 3500K COB as soon as I can find them in stock someplace. A Grape Crinkle seed is in a wet paper towel on top of my cable box and I am sure it will be sprouted and in it's root cube with 24hrs......LET"S GET IT ON!

View attachment 556097 View attachment 556098
subbed up dude nice diy on the light :slap:

I am sure we all have seen a 2 day old seedling but here is the Grape Crinkle on Day 2. I am just using straight city tap water at this point. I am not PH correcting it as there is no real need to do so. We are not worried about nutrient update since there is none as this point in time of course. Her little tap root is growing like crazy. The DIY Cobb LED light is running well and I can feel no real increase in temps in the cabinet with it running.

20160424_144918.jpg
20160424_145025.jpg

I have a real bad habit I throwing things away when I think I will never need them again. Case in point....my RO/DI filter from my saltwater reef tank days. Now that I am switching to hydro I really wish I had one......so I bought another. This is a simple and compact 4 stage RO/DI system. It is 50gpd but is more than enough for me. Cost was $64.00 to my front door. Filtered output water is 0PPM s it should be. Only draw back with a RO system is that there is a pretty high ratio of waste water to pure water. But it is what it is and this keeps me from having to deal with store bought water.

The baby Grape Crinkle is going strong. Her tap root is several inches long and I most likely will start feeding tomorrow.

RODI.jpg

Back