Outdoor Grandma Roody, and Eek's new Homestead Thread.

All of your gardens are most excellent! Your vegetable patch reminds me of when I had a 2 acre organic truck farm - lots of work........

Ps I noticed a picture of a Marigold; you might want to get rid of those as they are very attractive to spider mites:yoinks:.

:smokeout: :bighug: :headbang: Hey guys! I gotta say, you are blowing the roof off the entire garden joint- :bravo: :bow: :vibe: :growing:

OK, now I don't want to just camp there, I want to shop there too! The produce looks fab', all that fresh high brix goodness is so enticing,...:drool:-- you need two grills, one for meats, one for veggies- :rofl: .... those hot cherry pepp's are gorgeous,... made me hanker for these jarred sweet hot ones that Trader Joe's carries, delish' with the right cheese and dry cured meaties!
How did the watermelon turn out, nice and sweet? I never got to grow them (too cool at Dad's old place), but I did have some heirloom seeds from the nursery I worked at of an Amish sourced cultivar called Moon and Stars... all purple with dots and dashes of bright yellow,...super neat!
:rofl: that tomato is creepy,.. remember that Arnie movie Total Recall? That 'mater has a Quatto on it! :rofl:
....more :vibe::vibe::vibe: for the canna-girls! Wow, what a top stretch the last two weeks as brought,... guys, you gotta label or at least tell us who we're looking at- :help: :confused1: :rofl:- I don't have a good enough mental map of the garden to be sure who's who and where!
...The Afghani that Aunty lusts for is simpley gorgeous, I love her near neon green color on the new growth, and so shapely :spels:... who's Affy is this?
... the really tall lean colas, are those the TW's, or OGK? :greenthumb: woooow,.... :woody:...... C+2.0's are kicking butt, showing to be a very nice strain so far! Mine is farthest along now, even faster than MoB and that's saying something... the aroma is mouth watering already, complex mix florals, fruity, tree-spicy...? .....the GreeseHP is damn nice, is the Indi' pheno' moving at the same pace, looking any different? .......... Absolutely spectacular my friends, my eye's can hump no more, I need a break! :hump: :slap:
...I see you found the new ban-hammer-- :crying: --noiiice!

All of your gardens are most excellent! Your vegetable patch reminds me of when I had a 2 acre organic truck farm - lots of work........

Ps I noticed a picture of a Marigold; you might want to get rid of those as they are very attractive to spider mites:yoinks:.

Thank you @Mañ'O'Green
It is a lot of work, but a labor of Love. Something we enjoy doing again!
Twice a week we have been taking our extra veggies down town to share with everybody!

I always have Marigolds in my garden. They attract beneficial insects and repel some slugs and beetles. I keep them in pots so I can move them where needed.
Even though they also attract the bad bugs, like spider mites, hopefully they find the marigolds first and I can get 'em.
Last week we found some aphids in the grow house and on a couple plants in the garden. So Eek used the fogger with neem oil and they are gone! I know we killed some beneficials too...Sorry

Thank you @Mañ'O'Green
It is a lot of work, but a labor of Love. Something we enjoy doing again!
Twice a week we have been taking our extra veggies down town to share with everybody!

I always have Marigolds in my garden. They attract beneficial insects and repel some slugs and beetles. I keep them in pots so I can move them where needed.
Even though they also attract the bad bugs, like spider mites, hopefully they find the marigolds first and I can get 'em.
Last week we found some aphids in the grow house and on a couple plants in the garden. So Eek used the fogger with neem oil and they are gone! I know we killed some beneficials too...Sorry
It can take a long time to achieve an organic balance in your outdoor garden. Diversity in vegetables and flowers is the secret. After 14 years of companion plantings; I only had to use Bt in the vegetable garden this year to knock down the cabbage and tomato hornworms. I have better natural control out there than in my indoor cannabis garden. Once I got rid of the ants with sugar/borax bait, aphids do not have any protectors and are gobbled up by the good guys.

My cat jumped into the indoor grow space a couple of months ago and gave me the gift of whiteflies. I have been keeping them somewhat under control with ladybugs and sticky traps. Only a couple more weeks to go so I think all is well. I will use a HotShot pest strip to sanitize the room between grows. I hate pesticides but really do not have many options short of not growing over the winter or the fumigant.

It can take a long time to achieve an organic balance in your outdoor garden. Diversity in vegetables and flowers is the secret. After 14 years of companion plantings; I only had to use Bt in the vegetable garden this year to knock down the cabbage and tomato hornworms. I have better natural control out there than in my indoor cannabis garden. Once I got rid of the ants with sugar/borax bait, aphids do not have any protectors and are gobbled up by the good guys.

My cat jumped into the indoor grow space a couple of months ago and gave me the gift of whiteflies. I have been keeping them somewhat under control with ladybugs and sticky traps. Only a couple more weeks to go so I think all is well. I will use a HotShot pest strip to sanitize the room between grows. I hate pesticides but really do not have many options short of not growing over the winter or the fumigant.

I imagine that most of the time we ourselves bring the pests into the garden. If the cats or dogs do it, well they are part of the family, so we will fumigate accordingly. Besides, because of the critters, and my 9mm, no one is going to come into our yard. But probably not the cat though. :coffee:

:smokeout: :bighug: :headbang: Hey guys! I gotta say, you are blowing the roof off the entire garden joint- :bravo: :bow: :vibe: :growing:

OK, now I don't want to just camp there, I want to shop there too! The produce looks fab', all that fresh high brix goodness is so enticing,...:drool:-- you need two grills, one for meats, one for veggies- :rofl: .... those hot cherry pepp's are gorgeous,... made me hanker for these jarred sweet hot ones that Trader Joe's carries, delish' with the right cheese and dry cured meaties!
How did the watermelon turn out, nice and sweet? I never got to grow them (too cool at Dad's old place), but I did have some heirloom seeds from the nursery I worked at of an Amish sourced cultivar called Moon and Stars... all purple with dots and dashes of bright yellow,...super neat!
:rofl: that tomato is creepy,.. remember that Arnie movie Total Recall? That 'mater has a Quatto on it! :rofl:
....more :vibe::vibe::vibe: for the canna-girls! Wow, what a top stretch the last two weeks as brought,... guys, you gotta label or at least tell us who we're looking at- :help: :confused1: :rofl:- I don't have a good enough mental map of the garden to be sure who's who and where!
...The Afghani that Aunty lusts for is simpley gorgeous, I love her near neon green color on the new growth, and so shapely :spels:... who's Affy is this?
... the really tall lean colas, are those the TW's, or OGK? :greenthumb: woooow,.... :woody:...... C+2.0's are kicking butt, showing to be a very nice strain so far! Mine is farthest along now, even faster than MoB and that's saying something... the aroma is mouth watering already, complex mix florals, fruity, tree-spicy...? .....the GreeseHP is damn nice, is the Indi' pheno' moving at the same pace, looking any different? .......... Absolutely spectacular my friends, my eye's can hump no more, I need a break! :hump: :slap:
...I see you found the new ban-hammer-- :crying: --noiiice!

Yeah except the Afghani is not flowering (showing signs). Sorry Mossy, will update though. She is tall and lean like a sativa, but with the wide leaves. I had to crop her top for branches so she would fit under the top.

Not the TW or OGK, but the Sour Diesel, yes. It's gonna have about 8 three foot cola's because I had to tie her down early, the bend where the cola starts, is about 3 feet under the top of the plant. I have a lot of good pictures this morning that will show some of the girth, heighth, stucture, and budding. I WAS trying to use the hammer to show scale, but the plant was too big, or hammer to small. You be the judge.

Thanks for the Hoorahs on the veggie garden, that tomato would freak me out now, if I had not eaten it.

I don't usually take requests, but you got it my man, individual shots of each plant, and of course labeled.

This is my poker face, my tell, is that jovial look in my eyes. :crying:
IMG_8272.JPG
IMG_8267.JPG
IMG_8268.JPG
IMG_8269.JPG
IMG_8270.JPG
IMG_8271.JPG

I am back there, behind the big Lady.
IMG_8273.JPG
IMG_8274.JPG

This shows the other side...
IMG_8275.JPG
IMG_8277.JPG

These pics are from the other side of the plant... it's hard to get in there.

Note to self, put the Sour Deisels and the OG Kush's, on the outside of the plot.
IMG_8279.JPG
IMG_8280.JPG
IMG_8281.JPG
IMG_8282.JPG

Okay, here we go, gonna start with

Grape Cheese Hash Plant [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] Greesy Hash Plant? Did I get that right?

Previously the indica leaning. But they really are the same looking now, but I will keep it seperate to see what the terpines are like. She is more bush like.

IMG_8283.JPG
IMG_8289.JPG
IMG_8288.JPG
IMG_8287.JPG
IMG_8286.JPG
IMG_8285.JPG
IMG_8284.JPG

IMG_8290.JPG

Not to be outdone by her sister, this is more tree like, and the buds on both of these look like big'uns.

Greasy or Greesy or Grape Cheese Hash Plant [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]

AAA GCHP#1.jpg

IMG_8296.JPG
IMG_8297.JPG
IMG_8299.JPG
IMG_8300.JPG
IMG_8301.JPG
IMG_8303.JPG

Back