Outdoor Gorilla Auto - Get High and Go Bush

Reaction score
I've ordered my first Auto seeds. About 250 or so that I will be putting out this season. It's my first time with autos so I plan on vegging them inside for about a month before putting them out. Will veg about 50 at once, drive them to their final location and plant them. Maybe stagger planting every 2 weeks or something of that nature.

Seeds will be started in rockwool and transplanted into small coco pots for about a months veg before being put out. I'm thinking then to throw them straight into the ground after that in a remote riverside location. Throw a bit of blood and bone in the hole and hope for the best.

I have never grown an auto before, or in this location. So there will be a lot of interesting hurdles I presume. But hoping for some early harvest to pull the investment through and help funding the annuals that will get the majority of my attention.

I'm hoping it is all rock'n'roll this year, but I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Time is already slipping away from me... but I am hoping I am doing my first round of plantings in a month... then every two weeks after that. So I'll be planting over 2.5 months from the start of my season. Hopefully that keeps it manageable.

Not sure what else to share with you at this point. But hope you all kill it this year :)
cron.jpg

So my first dumbarse question for the auto aficionados is.

How does light period effect hermaphrodites in autos?

For example if I had to start veg in a flowering room at 12/12 (cause shit ain't finished), switched them to 20/4 for a bit of veg and put them out in an outdoor light cycle should i expect balls on feminised seeds?

Or should I be trying to time my indoor cycle with my outdoor cycle and start a new room if I am planning on finishing my plants outdoors?

My thinking is I can veg on anything, and preferably 20/4 indoors before throwing them out in the wild. Is this totally misguided?

And should I feed flowering nutes from the start and skip veg nutes all together? Or should I run a couple of weeks with veg?

So my first dumbarse question for the auto aficionados is.

How does light period effect hermaphrodites in autos?

For example if I had to start veg in a flowering room at 12/12 (cause shit ain't finished), switched them to 20/4 for a bit of veg and put them out in an outdoor light cycle should i expect balls on feminised seeds?

Or should I be trying to time my indoor cycle with my outdoor cycle and start a new room if I am planning on finishing my plants outdoors?

My thinking is I can veg on anything, and preferably 20/4 indoors before throwing them out in the wild. Is this totally misguided?

And should I feed flowering nutes from the start and skip veg nutes all together? Or should I run a couple of weeks with veg?

Hey buddy I'm only new to all of this myself, but I start my autos under 24/0 for the first 30 days and then put outside with no ill effects so far i think that they will be ok

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Thanks rollin_along. I hope my ambition turns into fruition for you so you have something to look at :)

the green bandit: I'm kinda thinking some dodgy light cycles might not matter too much also. I assume that Florigin hormone is always on full swing with autos, and you would have to get pretty extreme to upset it. But I don't know for sure and expensive mistakes can be expensive :) So just want to avoid them if I can :)

@912GreenSkell might be the one to ask he is an outdoor guru. Im sure someone with more knowledge than me will be keen to help you out. Im looking forward to seeing pics of a grow of this size.

What strains have you decided to run?

shortstuff:
Auto Purple Gorilla
Auto Gorilla Shizzle
dutch passion:
auto ultimate
barney's farm:
pineapple express
fastbuds:
gorilla glue
girl scout cookies

I do not know much about autos... so it was all picked mostly by random.

The first two from shortstuff were recommended to me.

I've had some good stuff from barney's farm before and i have grown pineapple express before and it was all good. Also grown their critical kush. It had massive variation and was not very stable, but still good all round. I kept two clones out of 40 seeds. Variation isn't so good with autos I assume, but it can be a benefit if hunting clones. I grew their LSD also but did not find a clone out of that, was too leafy.

I figure dutch passion are awesome and have heard great things about them forever. And auto ultimate was their biggest yeilder that i could see. First seeds from them though.

Fastbuds I have never heard of them before. But I have had a girl scout clone for a while that sells better than anything else. Partly the high and partly the name, but not the taste. And I think gorilla glue has got to sell well also. I'm assuming these plants will be my earliest finishers and smallest yeilders.

Autos are all new to me and I did not have the time to do extensive research. So I'm running with that this first year. If I find keepers I might turn some to seed. See what happens. It's all fun and a learning process.

I'm really hoping that autos prove worth their labour. I'm mostly investigating them because I am moving to a wetter climate and a higher more frosty altitude. I don't want to put all my eggs in a full season basket. Because it maybe a basket of mould.

I'm moving from quite a dry hot climate to a much wetter colder climate. This auto grow is basically a backup plan because I am unfamiliar with growing in this climate. I'm used to much more favourable weather, or at least weather I am used to. So my environment is influencing the introductions of autos. And I also need some cash flow a bit earlier than expected. I think it is the right choice.

Back