Extraction Glycerine Tincture and Vape stuff.

Rev. Green Genes

Time is an Illusion. Lunchtime doubly So.
Reaction score
Website
www.something.com
Currently Smoking
Alien V. Triangle, Double Grape
Heads up, when making this stuff you can not really avoid getting it on your skin, even wearing exam gloves. The squeezing part is messy, be prepared and set up your space to avoid as much trouble as possible. It took a few tries to figure out the best way to strain it, and we got VERY stoned doing it. I settled on cheese cloth for the bulky plant matter. It took about ten or so rounds of squeezing out a fist sized ball of weed, wrapped in cheesecloth, twisted at the top. Like a stress relief ball. There will still be fine matter all throughout the liquid, and it requires finer screening if it's going into vape juice. If you intend to use the tincture as is, than some fine particles are ok.

The next problem was getting the thick material through the fine mesh. It worked better to use the cylinder in the picture, (mason jar infuser) and lay cheese cloth over the top in an X, and push it through. Then stuff the loose cloth down the cylinder after pouring in a full load of weedy glycerite mush. Then I used a ramiken (small dish) to press it out. It took 2 or three rounds of that. We used most of a 6 meter bolt of cheese cloth.

Glycerine Tincture:

125 grams trim of Amnesia and OG Kush.
14 Grams Amnesia buds
2 grams Keef
32 ounces Vegetable Glycerin

..Grind all herbs to powder,
..spread thin on baking pan,
..bake at 220F for 60 minutes.

decarb2.jpg

..Warm up the crock pot with Glycerin in it, stir in the decarbed herb.
..Cook on warm (170F is ideal) for 12 hours, stirring every 15 minutes or less.
..Strain the still warm mixture through coarse metal screen
..separate the bulk of the plant matter, and the bulk of the liquid.
..Strain the liquid through a fine metal screen (tricky)
..Squeeze out or press the plant material, into the liquid batch. (i used cheesecloth)
..Strain the all the liquid again with clean fine mesh screen. At least once. (less tricky the second time!)

Vape Juice:

Mix the glycerite tincture in a 3:1 ratio with Propylene Glycol.
Flavor it if you want.

I have to do more research into the health aspects of what I can use to flavor it before I do it at all.
The taste and smell is not weedy. It vapes very well, and it's pretty stony.
My GF passed out on the couch for two hours and woke up asking for pizza. She only took 3 puffs

This project was a massive success. I got about 20 fluid ounces of tincture, it is dark amber to black. Very thick, and does not smell like pot at all. The more plant material you can strain out the better the smell/taste and makes for discretion and safety in public. I would puff this out in public.

The tincture itself is very healthy with only two natural ingredients. It disolves under the toungue and is perfect for medicinal use. I saved most of it for that, or future mixing. I filled a total of 6 one ounce dropper bottles, and still have about a pint of tincture left.

_IGP0704.JPG
_IGP0705.JPG

Last edited:
Great tutorial bookmarked for a later date and thanks for taking time to make it

Bookmarked with a ton of thanks, man!

I use a SMOK Alien, and set the coil to 75 watts, it hit harder, but had a throat hit with it.
I turned it down to 42 watts, and the throat hit was gone (thank God.) 56 watts hit the sweet spot for me.

Great!
Your infusion looks like like kick-ass tincture for those times that ethyl is inappropriate. Thanks for sharing it!

You might want to ditch the cheezecloth...you are working too hard my friend.

I dug into my "alchemy chest" to make a photo of the hardware I use for this step.

Here's how I handle straining and filtering processes easily and with less mess:

Keep your liquid warm, it helps things flow a little faster.
  • Strain as you described (I don't grind the herb too fine)
  • With ethyl, I use a paper dust mask as my filter. I have no idea if glycerin will flow through it. If it does, let me know.
  • Dump all your solids into a potato ricer with the finest holes
  • You can put filter paper in there if you want, but i don't know if glycerin will flow through under pressure...a screen, or maybe the cheesecloth still has a use.
  • Squeeze using the powerful lever action of the potato ricer- with ethyl, I put a filter paper under the disc. You might have to fit a fine mesh in there instead.
  • Wait for your liquid slowly flow through the dust mask
straining .jpg

As you can see, I am still a couple of bottles away from my next batch.

Last edited:
I'll stick to my shatter pen.

It was fun, but I abandoned my experiments making vape liquid. Separation issues. (LOL should I see a shrink?)
It wouldn't stay homogeneous for longer than 10 days. The mixture would eventually separate, then the cart burns out or gets gummed up, and it is ridiculously messy trying to recover anything.

Great!
Your infusion looks like like kick-ass tincture for those times that ethyl is inappropriate. Thanks for sharing it!

You might want to ditch the cheezecloth...you are working too hard my friend.

I dug into my "alchemy chest" to make a photo of the hardware I use for this step.

Here's how I handle straining and filtering processes easily and with less mess:

Keep your liquid warm, it helps things flow a little faster.
  • Strain as you described (I don't grind the herb too fine)
  • With ethyl, I use a paper dust mask as my filter. I have no idea if glycerin will flow through it. If it does, let me know.
  • Dump all your solids into a potato ricer with the finest holes
  • You can put filter paper in there if you want, but i don't know if glycerin will flow through under pressure...a screen, or maybe the cheesecloth still has a use.
  • Squeeze using the powerful lever action of the potato ricer- with ethyl, I put a filter paper under the disc. You might have to fit a fine mesh in there instead.
  • Wait for your liquid slowly flow through the dust mask
View attachment 743132

As you can see, I am still a couple of bottles away from my next batch.
View attachment 743169

I looked at using a press like that, I just didn't have one. We tried a somewhat smaller garlic press, and it promptly broke. The glycerin is much thicker than alcohol. It absorbed more than half of the glycerin, and expanded quite a lot.

If I could afford it, this would be ideal. They run 100$ US

61nJdrr86yL._SL1254_.jpg

Last edited:
I'll stick to my shatter pen.

It was fun, but I abandoned my experiments making vape liquid. Separation issues. (LOL should I see a shrink?)
It wouldn't stay homogeneous for longer than 10 days. The mixture would eventually separate, then the cart burns out or gets gummed up, and it is ridiculously messy trying to recover anything.

you couldn't shake it up? I only partially fill the tank anyway so it is less likely to spill.

View attachment 743169

I looked at using a press like that, I just didn't have one. We tried a somewhat smaller garlic press, and it promptly broke. The glycerin is much thicker than alcohol. It absorbed more than half of the glycerin, and expanded quite a lot.

If I could afford it, this would be ideal. They run 100$ US

View attachment 743171

The potato press is about 5" wide and really durable- even thick oils have passed through it, and it only cost me $16 at a wallyworld.

Back