Indoor Gidday from Kiwi land

i want a green thumb

Technophobia stuffer
Reaction score
I've never tried doing a grow log on line . Here goes nothing. After a disastrous winter trying to grow in a cold garage, I made 2, 2.2H x 1.2D x2.3L meter rooms. Moved the HPS 600 and 400 watts lights in one room and 2 new 1000 watt LEDs in to the other room,( mmmm very cheap from China) they came back to bite me.
I had 6 OG Kush Photo 4 weeks old, unsexed plants left over from the garage in 6" pots . These I potted in to coco . As a first time user of coco , I hadn't really looked in to using it , and so ran in to trouble. Mostly PH. Long story short , I lost them. Cheap LED lights ,PH...
So now that I have the new rooms dialed in , temputer, humidity, air flow,lights and the Coco sorted out .
It is time ...
19/8 So I put down 5 OG Kush Fem and 1 AK47 Fem on the 9/8/16 (all autos)
jar of hot water from the tap one drop of dishwashing liquid and left over night . seeds were then wrapped in a paper towel in a sealed bag for 2 days in the room.
11/8 They were very well popped and planted on the 11/8
13/8 All plants were well up under low light at the end of the room
18/8 plants were 5x8 cms
22/8 moved into the room, a bit more light. with the LED light
some photos of the girls DSCN2554.JPG DSCN2555.JPG DSCN2560.JPG DSCN2561.JPG DSCN2562.JPG
sorry can't take a very good photo

I've never tried doing a grow log on line . Here goes nothing. After a disastrous winter trying to grow in a cold garage, I made 2, 2.2H x 1.2D x2.3L meter rooms. Moved the HPS 600 and 400 watts lights in one room and 2 new 1000 watt LEDs in to the other room,( mmmm very cheap from China) they came back to bite me.
I had 6 OG Kush Photo 4 weeks old, unsexed plants left over from the garage in 6" pots . These I potted in to coco . As a first time user of coco , I hadn't really looked in to using it , and so ran in to trouble. Mostly PH. Long story short , I lost them. Cheap LED lights ,PH...
So now that I have the new rooms dialed in , temputer, humidity, air flow,lights and the Coco sorted out .
It is time ...
19/8 So I put down 5 OG Kush Fem and 1 AK47 Fem on the 9/8/16 (all autos)
jar of hot water from the tap one drop of dishwashing liquid and left over night . seeds were then wrapped in a paper towel in a sealed bag for 2 days in the room.
11/8 They were very well popped and planted on the 11/8
13/8 All plants were well up under low light at the end of the room
18/8 plants were 5x8 cms
22/8 moved into the room, a bit more light. with the LED light
some photos of the girls View attachment 620121 View attachment 620122 View attachment 620123 View attachment 620124 View attachment 620125
sorry can't take a very good photo

Welcome to AFN! Glad to have you here, if you have any questions don't hesitiate to ask anywhere in the forum and tag me with the @ symbol or you can always PM me. You are in the right spot now, we wont let your plants die this time around

Welcome to AFN! Glad to have you here, if you have any questions don't hesitiate to ask anywhere in the forum and tag me with the @ symbol or you can always PM me. You are in the right spot now, we wont let your plants die this time around
Hi there Derek II am sure you are right .so much info ,I am not sure about how I Tag stuff . I'm not much good with computers.:greenthumb:

Hi there Derek II am sure you are right .so much info ,I am not sure about how I Tag stuff . I'm not much good with computers.:greenthumb:

In order to tag any member just put the @ symbol before there user name that is under there avatar like this @i want a green thumb then it pops up in your notifications that I tagged you

24/8 Two of the plants are showing sign of trouble , I think as they are not growing upwards at all . Is a problem I have had in the pass, lots of internodes but little upward growth. Any ideas , I have had PH trouble ,low quality coco. Am running a shitty quality 1000 watt LED at one end of the room and a 600HPS at the other end.
DSCN2578.JPG

as you can see little up ward growth I have been feeding every other day 50% canna A+B , Cannayzm at 10 mls to 10 lts and Cal/mag at 10mls to 10lts
lights are 20/4 about 600mm high
This girl has blends to the tips of her first leafs .not sure what this means, but am sure its not good
Nice, @i want a green thumb !
I've started about the same time as you, in soil, but outdoors.
I've also done a number of photoperiod grows in the past,
and my first time with autos. My journal link in my signature line below.
All the best!
:love:
Seems we are moving in opp courses ,,I had been growing out doors. Is almost time here to look at a plant or two outside. mmmm cant wait to let a few girls run wild in the back yard:growing:

Attachments

• DSCN2571.JPG
    DSCN2571.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 84
24/8 Two of the plants are showing sign of trouble , I think as they are not growing upwards at all . Is a problem I have had in the pass, lots of internodes but little upward growth. Any ideas , I have had PH trouble ,low quality coco. Am running a shitty quality 1000 watt LED at one end of the room and a 600HPS at the other end.
View attachment 620890
as you can see little up ward growth I have been feeding every other day 50% canna A+B , Cannayzm at 10 mls to 10 lts and Cal/mag at 10mls to 10lts
lights are 20/4 about 600mm high
This girl has blends to the tips of her first leafs .not sure what this means, but am sure its not good

Unfortunately I don't have enough auto experience to say much.
But it does appear to me that they general do grow smaller than photo plants, the internode lenght just is shorter.
That little plant looks otherwise not bad to me.

Seems we are moving in opp courses ,,I had been growing out doors. Is almost time here to look at a plant or two outside. mmmm cant wait to let a few girls run wild in the back yard
You're in late winter in Kiwiland now, huh? Are you up north or down south? (If you're okay saying....)
Get some sprouted and growing indoors, up to a foot tall or so, and put them out in spring?

Hahaa Yeah I'm down south ....not more than 1 hour after I posted about letting girls run wild , than some builder type people arrived next door to a house that has been empty since the earthquakes back in 2011 . to do repair work on the bloody place , is all I need is noisy blokes spying over the fence. I had just got the soil worked up sweet as ..bummer:poof::greenthumb:

26/8,,,, After a few days of worrying if these girls were going to go down the same path, as there now dead sisters. they look fine and starting to show some growth .
DSCN2594.JPG

Poi is the LSD auto plant my wife , decided to swap one of the OGK ,,mmmm she does like that weed .
she is moving along quite nicely I think, as spread out to 250mm wide and 10 cm high . the biggest plant of the grow ,the LSD I guess
DSCN2595.JPG

Kai is OG Kush. Is showing good growth at 240cm wide and 11cm high .she still has her delta leafs a bit hard to see in photo ,sorry
DSCN2597.JPG

Inky named after our cat. looking sweet at 28 cm wide and 11cm high
DSCN2593.JPG

Paris :: the other OG Kush named other the other cat. Blame my wife ,,she like to name the girls Hahahaa
At 28cm and 11 high , is the big mover over nite with 2 cm upward growth
DSCN2596.JPG

Nips; The black sheep of the family , will be a problem child I think , just cant get her to reach for the sky . 22cm wide and just 7 high . 6 internodes ,I see lots of training required, later on.
:greenthumb:

26/8,,,, After a few days of worrying if these girls were going to go down the same path, as there now dead sisters. they look fine and starting to show some growth .
View attachment 621765
Poi is the LSD auto plant my wife , decided to swap one of the OGK ,,mmmm she does like that weed .
she is moving along quite nicely I think, as spread out to 250mm wide and 10 cm high . the biggest plant of the grow ,the LSD I guess
View attachment 621767
Kai is OG Kush. Is showing good growth at 240cm wide and 11cm high .she still has her delta leafs a bit hard to see in photo ,sorry
View attachment 621769
Inky named after our cat. looking sweet at 28 cm wide and 11cm high
View attachment 621772
Paris :: the other OG Kush named other the other cat. Blame my wife ,,she like to name the girls Hahahaa
At 28cm and 11 high , is the big mover over nite with 2 cm upward growth
View attachment 621775
Nips; The black sheep of the family , will be a problem child I think , just cant get her to reach for the sky . 22cm wide and just 7 high . 6 internodes ,I see lots of training required, later on.
:greenthumb:
They all look really healthy! Great start!

Back