tag me when you do a journal pal also if you need out just ask
Will do mate cheers, soon as I finish this batch of goodies and work out how lol, do u just start new thread to begin?

yes pal in the new growers forum would get you the most traffic just give it a title and away you go

yes pal in the new growers forum would get you the most traffic just give it a title and away you go
Sweet mate thanks, tried to upload a few photos other day and they kept coming out sideways, tried saving them sideways and still came out the same, any ideas?

Ah ha thanks bro
on android if i edit the pic in my gallery it will post the correct way for some reason also a lot of changes are happening on the site soon and thats one thing deffo to fix

Yeah mate they do seem the way to go nowadays, I have a lot of heat and humidity in my tent (probably not as bad as yourself) is it correct they run cooler than normal leds?

In my personal opinion, tents are best for QBs although I use them in an open space. The reflective materials in tent helps you get more light. In simple words, you get more lights on your plants compared to mine even when we use the same lights at same power. With tents though, you definitely spend much more with all the other items/gadgets you need to buy.

About heat, some want more and some want less. But generally less heat means better efficiency but I'm not technical so just gonna say less heat is better. They give out very little heat. Some growers intentionally put the driver inside tent to get some heat. Others leave it outside. Most growers use a heatsink on board if they wanna run the boards at higher power. Increasingly more growers are using smaller boards with no heatsink or just a thin aluminum sheet. However, you will either need really cool temps or a fan on them. The money saved on heatsinks can give you more diodes run softer. I do lean towards this idea if budget is an issue. You need to do more work but the lights you get are the best money can buy at the moment. With proper planning and configurations, you can potentially build your own light and the light would be better than ANY branded lights out there at MUCH lower prices (At least 50% difference)

Hope I helped some. There are good info all around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes mate thanks all good info, sounds like a win win then, will certainly look to upgrade to them in the future, I was gonna try leds but these seem to be the better option, thanks again ✌

Yes mate thanks all good info, sounds like a win win then, will certainly look to upgrade to them in the future, I was gonna try leds but these seem to be the better option, thanks again [emoji111]

QBs are LEDs. Its just a fancy name for led diodes on a PCB board that was popularized by HLG. The tech has been around forever. The difference with time is that newer and newer diodes are being pushed out, with greater efficiency, better spectrum?, less heat etc. With that, light builders rush to find appropriate drivers, heatsinks, lenses etc to fit the new diodes in order to maximize their potential for growing dank buds. Its as simple as that. Once you get pass all the fancy names and brands, it'll all make better sense and you will never look at a $500++ or even $1000++ and above light the same again, as you have a good idea how much they REALLY cost!

Ready built units are priced higher. I've seen UK growers very happy with diyled as they can custom build a whole light for you at reasonable prices. Google them. I'm sure such vendors are mushrooming all around. I think Chilled is on AFN? And another that also uses Samsung diodes but I can't remember the name. I guess these ppl are addicted to building lights. If you know how to communicate with Chinese vendors (Yes they speak English but its really their own version of English), that will be best bang for buck as you get it from source.

Hope you don't become a hopeless light addict like me!

My UVB MH lights just arrived so I can give the girls a few days UVB before chopping them. Real test will be in 2019 when i start a new grow!
2bb368a24d6eb099997e1600dd10d0cc.jpg

bdd3196126f9ebc92c1906e57f3abe99.jpg

504bc1261f7a44146d6137aa62871672.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back