Fuggzy's little happy trees!

You obviously like a bit of DIY... setting up was the worst part of the job for me.
Hey there Cat! Yes diy projects are something you might say I like. I try to preach about "Use what you have, if you don't have it get creative" ~Fuggzy (it's a bit strange quoting myself)

The micro cab was my first indoor area, first cob fixture, first harvested bud. I took a bit over a month to build her as I was steadily researching about indoor spaces, and how to build the light. (researching is also a passion for me) Now that I have obviously out grown the micro cab, I want to find a use. I have been using it for micro breeding, but it was in my garage. Being out there is not the best environment for our needs, or my safety.
setting up was the worst part of the job for me.
Lol it is for a lot of people. Give it some time, after you get a nice plant, then you want to know what or where you can do with you gear to make a nice plant a stellar plant. (I'm still searching for my stellar plant) If you ever have any questions just ask.

Hey there Cat! Yes diy projects are something you might say I like. I try to preach about "Use what you have, if you don't have it get creative" ~Fuggzy (it's a bit strange quoting myself)

The micro cab was my first indoor area, first cob fixture, first harvested bud. I took a bit over a month to build her as I was steadily researching about indoor spaces, and how to build the light. (researching is also a passion for me) Now that I have obviously out grown the micro cab, I want to find a use. I have been using it for micro breeding, but it was in my garage. Being out there is not the best environment for our needs, or my safety.

Lol it is for a lot of people. Give it some time, after you get a nice plant, then you want to know what or where you can do with you gear to make a nice plant a stellar plant. (I'm still searching for my stellar plant) If you ever have any questions just ask.

That is so well stated(all of the above) that I have to Max rep you bud.

Picture time!!!
This
is just to show the difference between a red ~620nm, and a 4200k diodes. (white diodes are yellow from a phosphorous coating over a blue diode)
IMG_3575.JPG

These are the crates I whipped together. One was from the vert attempt and good to go. The other I fit both the 6" and 4" intakes in to...
IMG_3661.JPG
IMG_3663.JPG

@tripaholic88 Notice something familiar here?

IMG_3665.JPG

Here I did something I normally sugest people to no do. I tested out the 4" booster fan for the 16" tens as intake, ans exhaust. The temps where more stable using the fan as an intake. No the reason you may not want to do this is because it causes a positive pressure, it doesn't work right with a carbon filter, and so on. However, this tent does not have a filter to run. Instead the room has a filter of its own, and the tent is exhausted directly to it. I currently have my Bubba Kush auto in there for a dark period, and can not smell anything in the room. If I take the vent and point it at my face, it is a great bubbafunky smell.
IMG_3664.JPG

IMG_3670.JPG
IMG_3671.JPG

So this is the micro cab that is going to get converted. I never finished the top box, but you can see where it is marked out. In here we have 2 meanwell led drivers, 1 per heatsink/2cobs. They are the white boxes on the sides. The large maenwell psu in the top center is a 24v DC supply. It runs the 4, 80cm, 24v fans. 2 for circulation, and 1 each on the heatsinks. On either side of the large fan psu are the extraction fans. They are 6"x 2" squirrel cage blowers that run on 23 watts of AC power. I do not recall the cfm rating, but overpowered is the answer. Below those on the wall are where the 2 AC lines come out, and split off. One goes to the AC fans, and the DC fan psu. The other goes to just the led drivers. Everything besides the led drivers, and cobs came from comericial coffee machaines. My father inlaw was a machine tech, so we have tons of shit to play with. The heatsinks are from a peltier system that cooled about 220 watts, so at only 19.8 watts each, they are very cool.

I had a hard time getting good pics, so theres a few double snaps. Also if the cords for the lights/fans didn't have to be so long, it would look much neater. A lot of the wires are the same color, so it looks like a clusterfuck. I promise it is safe.
IMG_3673.JPG
IMG_3674.JPG
IMG_3679.JPG
IMG_3675.JPG
IMG_3676.JPG
IMG_3678.JPG

So that was yesterdays project. The old fart did get the first light bars soldered up, but he forgot to add the blue diodes, so we have to fix it. I hope to have a working sample tomorrow! Till later take care guys.
:D

I SEE IT @Fuggzy !!!!!:d5:
i get so lost when it comes to reading electric shit like that. im sure alot of that has to do with the bubba bho i just did:pass: but that little cabinet is gonna have some nice light coverage!!! come on over here buddy:pighug::slap: for the DIY!

Hey fuggzy :slap: That looks so good. I wish you were nearer and I could hire you to build my grow set up! I'm not very sure what heatsinks are. Do they regulate temp, or something?

Hey fuggzy :slap: That looks so good. I wish you were nearer and I could hire you to build my grow set up! I'm not very sure what heatsinks are. Do they regulate temp, or something?
Mahalo bruddah, and tanks for de nice weerds! Have one of these for keeping the vibe strong! :slap: Grow room setup/design is something I have always liked. Lol I designed my first grow room about 10 years before I ever stepped foot in one! Not to say I am a master room builder, just a very enthusiastic stoner. ;)

Yes a heatsink is something used to manage thermal temps. They are typically used on/in eletronics, however are not limited to these applications. If you scroll up to the very last pic I posted, they are the very first metal objects you will see. (bottom of pic) They have the metal fins that go up/down. There only job is to dissipate heat being generated my the Cobs. You computer also uses on on the CPU. There are 2 schools of dissipation with heatsinks. There is passive that simply rely on the mass of the heatsink to distribute the heat. If space allows, these are the best option, and most efficient, the largest downsize is they take at least 3 times the space/amount of materials to produce. The other way is to use active cooling by introducing a fan to the heatsink. With most application using active cooling, the fan simply just needs to keep the heat from pooling on the heatsink, not requiring a very high cfm rating. However there are MANY styles of heatsink, and each design preforms differently.

Stay nutty!
:coco:

Sealed metal tool box grow "room" cooled by a peltire system, with LED and Co2 packed full of males for pollen collection ideas are running in my head.... Shit might have just got real all over!

Just read through your Journal Brother great read. How's the Blue Kush? I have 1 going now, but is a photo:shrug:.
:nicethread: :peace: Oh and here is :slap::jointman:
Holy wowzorz Mr.PK! :bighug:That my good sir is an official like bomb! :d5: Thanks for the rep slap to brother.:thumbsup:

The Blue Kush so far has been my favorite auto to grow, smell, and smoke. It actually restored a lot of faith in autos in general, so I can only imagine the photo being great. I'd like to grow it out too, and compare them. Besides the FIM I didn't do, or need to do any training, she had great structure for light penetration. The veg and flower growth where noticeable from day one, constantly going one way or another. Sells of blueberry, fuel, incense, lemon in the back sometimes, and cured to smell just like the name sounds. ;) The smoke taste is kushy/spicy on the inhale, a sweet blueberry starts on the pallet mid inhale, and I get a fuel taste/smell on the way out that lingers with the BB for a bit. The buzz is a nice relaxed yet alert feeling, very clear, with no couch lock. Very euphoric, and can come on with a bit of a rush but it melts away soon. It makes a great all day kind of smoke for me, but it's not very good for putting my to sleep, great for reading, movies, or other activities that require attention.

How old is your photo girl? After my current grow I will be doing a full tent of Dina plants. Bubba kush, IPCa, and Blue kush autos. While the autos grow I'll be vegging 1ea of Blue cheese, Blue hash, OG kush, White widow, and either a Strawberry amnesia, or a Big kush. I'm not sure on the last 2 as they both go through a pretty big stretch.

So I wasn't able to get the pressure chamber, but hope to do so soon. I didn't want to skimp, and the budget just got a bit tight. When that time comes though my good man, I will be calling on your skills for some guidance. At least the first batch. ;)

Thanks for stopping in man. I know between here and AFP there's a lot of holes in my journals, but hey, now you've got to fill in the blanks a bit, lol. Take care brother.
:pighug:

Back