Outdoor From seed to weed, guerilla-style... With some help from AFN!

These have been growing by the window?
They are fairly small compared to plants that age with a lot of good sun or indoor lights.
They're prob okay to go outside, but would benefit from gradual acclimatization to the outdoor elements.
Such as direct bright sunlight, winds, and temp changes.
Yes, they have been growing by the window, but I germinated them too early when there was no sun here. We have had a particular sun-less ff this year. Its all starting to come alive now, since we've had a week or so of fairly good weather with sunny days, and partly cloudy days and good temps for the time of year (17 to 24°C). I don't have indoor lights as I plan to grow outside. Thinking of maybe buying a LED bulb just for the seedling stage though. The plants you see here are probably too small compared to what they could be with ideal conditions. But they are my test plants. They are around 20 to 30cm high, and I've already "broken them in" by putting them outside in full sun this weekend. The first day they were a tiny bit droopy after an afternoon in the sun. The next day, they soaked it up and were looking perfect after a full day in the sun. I've put them on the spot I plan on growing my frisian dew and think different DP seeds, just to check. I think it's going to be fine, just no really big plans, but I hope to get a decent yield to have some smoke to last me a year or so, so I don't have to buy any.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Good idea. Test sites with a few expendible plants first.

Disagree about the big seedbanks. They got to be big by producing quality product.
Most, if not all, are started by people who really love their marijuana.
Because they're big, they can breed with huge numbers of samples,
thus finding very rare and beautiful specimens to breed with.
Plus they have serious expertise. Can't do that so well with a few plants here and there.

That is a good point.
But what about the seed that is produced in higher temp climates and is then sold here with a seed to finish time of 10 weeks? It's bound to be longer here, since our climate is less warm and has fewer hours of sunlight because of clouds etc....

So, any takers on the male /female guessing game?
042fd3cec37ae3f5875524ea8f71efce.jpg
b7633fbd2e16ac19c6c186b6c26038bb.jpg

Still too early to guess sex, they will show once they are mature enough. Hopefully the time they get to sunlight gets better when they get transplanted.

Yes, they have been growing by the window, but I germinated them too early when there was no sun here. We have had a particular sun-less ff this year. Its all starting to come alive now, since we've had a week or so of fairly good weather with sunny days, and partly cloudy days and good temps for the time of year (17 to 24°C). I don't have indoor lights as I plan to grow outside. Thinking of maybe buying a LED bulb just for the seedling stage though. The plants you see here are probably too small compared to what they could be with ideal conditions. But they are my test plants. They are around 20 to 30cm high, and I've already "broken them in" by putting them outside in full sun this weekend. The first day they were a tiny bit droopy after an afternoon in the sun. The next day, they soaked it up and were looking perfect after a full day in the sun. I've put them on the spot I plan on growing my frisian dew and think different DP seeds, just to check. I think it's going to be fine, just no really big plans, but I hope to get a decent yield to have some smoke to last me a year or so, so I don't have to buy any.

Cool. Yeah, a lot of outdoor growers start plants inside under lights or by a window.
Sounds like they'll be okay, then. Is your outdoor site prepared?

That is a good point.
But what about the seed that is produced in higher temp climates and is then sold here with a seed to finish time of 10 weeks? It's bound to be longer here, since our climate is less warm and has fewer hours of sunlight because of clouds etc....

I'd agree with that. It makes sense to get seed from breeders who grow in climates similar to our own.
You're in the Netherlands, right? Then the various Netherlands breeders (lots of them!) should be fine.
Less sunlight and lower temps will affect plants' growth, but not so much the finishing time, more the size and quality.

Cool. Yeah, a lot of outdoor growers start plants inside under lights or by a window.
Sounds like they'll be okay, then. Is your outdoor site prepared?
For these one, not yet. But I have prepared my soil that I will using there. The ground at the guerilla site I plan on using is next to a field where there are cows, and it is overgrowing with a lot of bushy scrubs, small trees and long grass. It's also next to a small stream, so I'm thinking it'll be fertile soil to plant in. Around these parts the soil is very good. I'm planning on going there and digging a 50x50cm hole, putting the soil in, plant goes in there, some chicken shit pellets and finished...

Maybe they are not auto's? Is that possible, since they come from an auto?

AFAIK, if the two parents are both autos, they should be autos.
But... things never so easy in reality, or could be a super slow auto.

Back