Mephisto Genetics Frogleg's first DWC Mephisto grow : Deep Blue C and Toofless Alien (testing Frogtech)

Looks good Froggy! Do yourself a favor and fill the rest of the net pot with clay pellets! Do NOT let light into the rez. STOP playing on the internet and take care of that issue now. Where are you at PPM wise? At least 250PPM?

As for finish times...sure it might get pushed back a little but you will be surprised at how quickly she can recover and take off.

Last edited:
Thanks HotBunz !
I'll get my roll of black tape right now and double check, but I don't think there are any light leaks in my rez. Is there any sign of light damage you can see on the pictures ?
Edit : I think I got what you meant, but as you can see on the first pic the net pot has also been raised relatively to the to lid of the bucket, so that the top of the clay pellets is still level with the top of the bucket.

I'm using tap water at 80-110ppm at the moment, and I raised it to 300ppm with Sensi Grow A&B, and a little calcium (still waiting for my new bottle of cal-mag).
I think it is to soon to try to evaluate how much the plant consumes and therefore know how much to feed her, as the quantities should be insignificant compared to what is in the bucket. Do you agree?

Last edited:
Hello my friends,

Here is small useless picture update, because maybe that will help me get my mind off of all those terrorists around me !

DBC is still doing her thing nicely, trying to catch up :
_20160322_122244.JPG
_20160322_121819.JPG

And a full frontal nude shot for you marijuana pervs :smoking:
_20160322_121949.JPG
(the roots are a little stained because of the nutes)

I also took another picture of my closet, but unfortunately it ends up sideways when I upload it : DSC_1082.JPG
As you might see it changed (a lot) since the beginning, as I'm always trying to make it better. Once again, I'll post a thread in the DIY section when it reaches its final form and I'm sure it works well!

Cheers! :pass:
Froggy

Nice work Froggy.
Id be a little worried about the staining on the roots, what are you res temps?

DBC day 27 update - I'm in love with this plant.

I was away for the weekend to visit the family, and I can tell you I was really worried since I left on Friday. When I arrived tonight, I was nearly crapping my pants, but I was so relieved when I opened my closet to see this :
DSC_1100-01.jpeg
DSC_1097-01.jpeg
DSC_1104-01.jpeg

Seriously, she looks like she is 120% indica! Big Cola pheno maybe? :smoking:

I was glad to see a few pistils on her too:
DSC_1101-01.jpeg

@Grim Reefer , I'm pretty sure it was just the nutes, what do you think ? But you're right though, my temps have been pretty high lately (20-23.5°C), this is why I'm supercharging worm castings Grim Reefer style at this very moment in preparation for a nice fresh batch of tea. Thanks for your help !
DSC_1109-01.jpeg

EC is around 500ppm with Sensi Calmag Xtra, Sensi grow A&B, and some root stuff. pH is stable around 5.8.
Thanks for following and good day/night to you fellas! :pass:

Last edited:
DBC - day 29 update

Hey fellas, I thought I'd post an update today for two reasons :

First off, I started seeing a few spots on the older leaves two days ago, but they were to small to appear on the pictures I took so I didn't post about it. Even today I had to boost the contrast so sorry for the ugly pic :
_20160331_151048.JPG

It looks more 'burnt' than just 'discolored' in reality, so it seems to me like some pretty obvious Ca/Mg def, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I upped Cal-Mag Xtra from 1mL/L to 2.5mL/L, and started spraying water regularly at 2mL/L Cal-Mag on her also.

Furthermore, I wanted to post about the 'bendable air curtain diffuser' I bought off of amazon at the beginning of my grow. I believe those are pretty common, as I have seen a lot on the internet and in pet shops :
410nDqTgPYL._SY355_.jpg

So if growers who want to try their hand at DWC (like our good buddy @dcat0921 if I'm not mistaken) and are considering buying these.. My advice is don't.

First of all, they have a sponge-like texture, which I'm sure is an ideal nest for pythium and other bad stuff.
Moreover, and I find this absolutely incredible considering the purpose of the product, they will be completely clogged after only a few weeks in the water (poor DBC was suffocating!), and this happened to both the diffusers I had.

I rushed to the pet store to get a new air pump and two new stone diffusers (3 bucks each), and although the pump was unnecessary (just wanted to make sure), the two cheap air stones are doing a hell of better job than that crap "bubble curtain" I had :
images.jpg

Now the roots are back in their usual jacuzzi and she's much happier :
_20160331_143853.JPG
_20160331_144138.JPG

I also had to start over the worm castings preparation I had going on to brew some tea because it started getting a suspicious smell. This time with a new sterilized container, and smaller holes because the previous one was drying too quickly :
_20160331_151302.JPG _20160331_151621.JPG

Hope it all gets better soon ! But oh what fun it is to learn everything about growing :smoking:

Thanks for reading my friends !
Cheers:cheers:

Attachments

• _20160331_143611.JPG
    _20160331_143611.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 98
DBC - Day 33 update

Hey guys,
just posting a few pictures of the plant and how I rearranged the led panel in my closet:

_20160404_174020.JPG

I started tucking leaves everywhere so she looks a bit messy!

_20160404_172819.JPG
_20160404_173338.JPG

It looks like Ca/Mg def is a thing of the past now too:
_20160404_173627.JPG
_20160404_172508.JPG

Good luck if Monday is not finished yet for you guys!
Cheers
Froggy

She is going for it man, have you thought about opening her up a bit with some light LST here and there?

Back