New Grower first timer here. meet my cheesy girls.

o
If my last one grew like that I would have been happy as a pig in crap, instead it went vertical and as skinny as a beanpole with hardly any side growth thanks to the crap light I made which I mistakenly though would work (bad seed may have played a part too, but light was definitely the biggest factor).

that's ok brother. at least you gave it a go, it would have been good practice for the next run.

o

that's ok brother. at least you gave it a go, it would have been good practice for the next run.

If you look in my DIY led panel thread, and my little journal in the photo section, you'll see I learned bloody quickly.

As I say, you don't learn without making mistakes, the important thing is not to make the same mistake twice. And, boy, did I make mistakes. I mean, what possessed me to think I could grow a decent NL auto on a west facing window in a Belgian summer** (first grow), or that 5m of cheap blurple strip from China would work (second grow). Third time is going *slightly* better. Looking at making my third, and improved, LED panel soon, so next time round should be an improvement on the one I'm doing now, just got to decide what to grow but am tending towards a RQS auto multi-pack so I can try different strains to see which fits my needs best.

**For info, a Belgian summer is similar to a Scottish summer, except the rain is a little warmer and not so horizontal.

Ministry of Cannabis.

That’s what I was thinking. I have grown many many of that particular strain. They are looking on par for day 35. Couple things I’ve found by growing them. They are not consistent with the way each one grows but, they are consistent with yield. I average 3.5-4 zips per. It is the favorite as well for many who have tried it. Lately though, last 4-5 plants, I’ve found seeds with no males in sight, I posted on this in live stoner chat. Good luck! I will post a pic later of the 2 I have right now at day 39.

That’s what I was thinking. I have grown many many of that particular strain. They are looking on par for day 35. Couple things I’ve found by growing them. They are not consistent with the way each one grows but, they are consistent with yield. I average 3.5-4 zips per. It is the favorite as well for many who have tried it. Lately though, last 4-5 plants, I’ve found seeds with no males in sight, I posted on this in live stoner chat. Good luck! I will post a pic later of the 2 I have right now at day 39.

Oh, that's awesome. Its good to hear from you, my friend. And yeah your totally right about the growth rate of each. Ah good, I was worried they were a bit set back because I did a transfer on them when they were 2 weeks into it. this is exciting haha. Sounds like a good yielder. Looking forward to seeing yours.

If you look in my DIY led panel thread, and my little journal in the photo section, you'll see I learned bloody quickly.

As I say, you don't learn without making mistakes, the important thing is not to make the same mistake twice. And, boy, did I make mistakes. I mean, what possessed me to think I could grow a decent NL auto on a west facing window in a Belgian summer** (first grow), or that 5m of cheap blurple strip from China would work (second grow). Third time is going *slightly* better. Looking at making my third, and improved, LED panel soon, so next time round should be an improvement on the one I'm doing now, just got to decide what to grow but am tending towards a RQS auto multi-pack so I can try different strains to see which fits my needs best.

**For info, a Belgian summer is similar to a Scottish summer, except the rain is a little warmer and not so horizontal.

good advice about mistakes. ill check it out :) haha blurple. that's a bummer. did it at least give you bud? you sound good at customizing lights. Impressive, yeah strain selection is key sometimes.

I did get something, small as hell buds but I reckon I broke even on all costs for the first panel.

As said, I've been an electrician for 30 years and worked for a company here making VERY expensive lights so being able to figure things out and learn new things quickly has always been a must. Tinkering with the soldering iron from a young age helps too, so does "being a certain age" as it means I grew up with greenhouses and things like tomatoes on window sills so the basics were already there.

As far as the second one goes, the strain should have been good but it's the age of the seeds and how they were stored in the place I bought them that could have made the difference as two others bought at the same time didn't pop.

I updated the DIY thread as I got my light meter this morning and the lux output is coming close to double what the app on the phone said, so I'm happy with what I made but the next one will be better as it will not have any blurple strip at all.

so here's where I keep em when the sun goes down.

20180125_185627.jpg

Oh, that's awesome. Its good to hear from you, my friend. And yeah your totally right about the growth rate of each. Ah good, I was worried they were a bit set back because I did a transfer on them when they were 2 weeks into it. this is exciting haha. Sounds like a good yielder. Looking forward to seeing yours.

Attachments

• 8E3CE759-3FCE-4A29-B165-82B3F295F270.jpeg
    8E3CE759-3FCE-4A29-B165-82B3F295F270.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 91
That’s one is day 40
Next pic is one of MOC Auto Pilot xxl day 52

Attachments

• 8C103CF3-DF42-4388-A2D3-5272F75984A9.jpeg
    8C103CF3-DF42-4388-A2D3-5272F75984A9.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 107
Back