New Grower First time with Autos.

J

JJ05

Hey all, JJ05 here, I've been wanting to try autos so I figure what the heck! I am getting ready for 2012 and looking to get a pack of seeds. I'm an outdoor grower so I will be growing outside.I have a few questions. Pot size, would 5-10gallon smart pots be good? Strains, I'm looking at Syrup, La Diva, Easy Ryder, Blue Himalaya Diesel, Vertigo, Fruit from Dinafem. Also leaning towards some blueberry, maybe royal queen, dutch passion, lowlife, smurfberry? For nutes should I assume use only flowering nutes?

Most of the strains that you are considering will do just fine in 3 gallon pots, 5 max. About the only thing that really requires anything bigger are super autos. I did some Super Cali Haze this past summer in 10 gallon pots. They got to about 5 feet in that size. I'm not a big fan of smart pots outdoors. They would probably be better for a spring grow before the temps get too high. They dried out too fast for my taste during the heat of summer.

No, you will need nutes for both veg and flowering. Take a look at this post, it will give you an idea of what to expect from your autos.

https://www.autoflower.org/f44/life-cycle-auto-flowering-cannabis-5113.html

most auto just dont yield outdoors like they do indoors. I dont waste my time with growing auto's outdoors , inless you get one of the bigger longer strains. Then you might get yield over 1/2-3/4 ounce a plant.They like atleast 20 hours of light.If you live in the far north then you will be fine with auto's.

Sorry, but I've got to disagree with what you're saying. While my indoor yields are generally a little better than outdoors, I've still pulled up to 3 oz. off of dwarf outdoor plants and 5 oz off of some super autos. Many others here have gotten similar results.

most auto just dont yield outdoors like they do indoors. I dont waste my time with growing auto's outdoors , inless you get one of the bigger longer strains. Then you might get yield over 1/2-3/4 ounce a plant.They like atleast 20 hours of light.If you live in the far north then you will be fine with auto's.

outdoors if in decent conditions has the potential produce more yeild per plant than indoor grows as the sun will make it big and fast. ive done outdoor grows in ireland with 6-11 hours of direct sunlight and planted from seedlings into pre dug and fertilised plots and in 2006 got just shy of 450 grams from 1 sensi super skunk and over 400 grams from a kc brains mango.
both got realy good sun during the day even though it was a mild summer. it was my first outdoor grow and i planted 35 seeds, 10x kc mango, 10x sensi super skunk, 10x durban poison and 5 femmed white rhino (ghs). ended up with 23 females (9 males 3 lost to birds or sumthin) i had a good south facing spot in the countryside and ended up getting around 5 kgs, i had to sell and give away alot. but atleast they were harvested at different times, about 5 or 6 per week. ive hated trimming since then.

gonna do an auto run this year in the same place, the soil is already high quality but im going in a few weeks to dig some holes about 3-4 ft deep (mini digger:D) and put loads of blood meal and bone meal and a few trout ive had frozen since the summer, ill go back at the end of february and add more organic nutrients like seaweed and worm castings and hen manure so i should have good soil for my grow in april. :smokeit:

:peace: pipez

I live in Ohio. I grew Northern Lights fine this year. I've always wanted to try autos. I narrowed my strains down to blue himalaya diesel, blue himalaya (whats the difference in the two?) La Diva or Vertigo....what do ya guys think?

Back