First time sprouting

Here’s a Auto Ultimate seedling I have started and it’s at day 14 (yesterday) in a 5 gallon pot and I’m still not feeding it. However, it’s roots COULD have reached the nutrient rich soil surrounding the nutrient free core I started her in. She should be there soon, if she’s not. That’s why I was asking if your coco has any nutrients in it at all, pre planting? Even if you didn’t precharge, the watering you’ve done already will have put nutrition in and your plant should have access to plenty for now.
F72EF4EE-A9E2-424D-B9CB-41268DFB9AB5.jpeg
E23D540E-2FAF-4744-A91D-E6C0E29E20DD.jpeg

Does the Remo schedule call for feeding every day??

So based on Remo calculator I gave have dosage of nutrients for the pre-charge. Came out to 280ppm and used that for 4-5days of life. I had a plan of attack and deviated from it by giving too much water for sure. The first feeding she was feed by syringe in circle around her for the first few days with the same feed and then all went to hell and I gave it too much water (750ml)?

What made me deviate was reading all the coco guides which says never give plain water, and water till there is run off.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/canna-coco-growing-tips.29173/

I see what you’re saying after looking at that link. Some of that sounds totally crazy to me as a soil grower (one more reason for me to stick with soil, lol!) and I suspect most of that applies to plants that are in Veg already. But, before I lead you down a bad path, let’s holler at @Waira and @namvet25 and get some advice!

I’m still learning myself and have my own struggles and the pool water suddenly seems deeper than I realized. Lol! Since coco seems so crazy different, after scanning that link, I think it’s best someone with lots of coco experience chimes in.

That would be great!

Clearly my last feed was way too much so that's a given. And my watering skills suck haha

That would be great!

Clearly my last feed was way too much so that's a given. And my watering skills suck haha

Nah, those babies don’t look all that bad anyway!! You’re good. It’s easy to freak out on every little thing early on. How old are those seedlings?

Nah, those babies don’t look all that bad anyway!! You’re good. It’s easy to freak out on every little thing early on. How old are those seedlings?
Day 6!

18/6 light schedule also.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Gotcha. Very young. My understand is that, at that age, they’re still living off the nutrition they’re born with. She’s DEFINITELY not in “veg” yet.

Maybe @blue who posted that thread with the coco tips will find this and give you some input you can actually take to the bank.....and that I can learn from!

not coco experts here, but in our experience with coco we found very true:
1.) don't let coco dry! plants won't die, but they start showing symptoms that sometimes seem like toxicities, sometime deficiencies, sometimes ph issues... it's crazy
2.) don't give distilled / RO plain water, at least some Ca and Mg ppms are necesary to keep cation exchange balanced.
3.) alway ph waterever you pour in the coco. it's said 5.8 during veg, 6.0-6.2 in flwoering. our plants in unbuffered coco look better at 6.0 in veg.
4.) make sure to get some runoff... the more the better, and do ppm/ec runoff checks if possible to (a) make sure there's no salt build up, and (b) get an idea of how much your plants / the coco is eating of what you put in.
5.) make sure your coco drains well. some cococoir has no fiber at all, just cocopeat, and this retains way too much water.
6.) better to underfeed. begin with a low EC (0.2) to keep coco balanced and moist, then after 1 week start increasing by 0.1 EC depending on the plants needs. an indicator we use is the color of the cotyledons.. if they start yellowing, the plant needs more food.

Last edited:
I just read a article on the definition between seedling and veg but can’t find it. It said veg starts around day 14.

oh please share if you do find it.

Hey after reading this one again I gave it feed based on the second week oops.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/c-es-easy-coco-guide-ver-0-3-2013.22649/

So based on this I should aim for .6ec which is around 300ppm, and water till I get run off. As for me worrying about the lightness of the leaves I should have upped my feed ever so slightly instead of balls out like someone suggested. Just because it worked for their plant/setup doesn't mean it would work for mine.

I'll wait for one of the coco pros to chime in and see if this is right.

Hey after reading this one again I gave it feed based on the second week oops.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/c-es-easy-coco-guide-ver-0-3-2013.22649/

So based on this I should aim for .6ec which is around 300ppm, and water till I get run off. As for me worrying about the lightness of the leaves I should have upped my feed ever so slightly instead of balls out like someone suggested. Just because it worked for their plant/setup doesn't mean it would work for mine.

I'll wait for one of the coco pros to chime in and see if this is right.

bare in mind C.E2's tap water is 0.2 EC... i didn't and that led me to overfeed. i mean... my tap water is 50 ppms (under .1 EC), so for example, to start with his 0.5-0.6 suggestion, I should actually aim at 0.3-0.4 EC., but i didn't, i gave my seedlings 0.5-0.6 when it should have been 0.3-0.4... get it?

oh, and we have been using this chart for feeding, and it has been working well:
FEEDING CHART (NOT INCLUDING PPM OF WATER)
Seedlings, Early Sprouts [0.2 - 0.5 EC] -> 100 to 250 ppm (Hannah) / 128-320 ppm (Eutech)
Early Vegging [0.6 - 0.8 EC] -> 300 to 400 (Hannah) / 384-512 (Eutech)
Full Vegetation: [0.9-1.4 EC] -> 450 to 700 (Hannah) / 576-896 (Eutech)

Last edited:
Back