New Grower First time growing, but very slow start?

Would that be different if I'm using RO water or an LED light? RO removes all the cal/mag/other nutrients from the water. Though I'm using nutrient rich soil from the start...

I also read somewhere that using LED lights can cause a cal/mag deficiency? No idea if that's true or not... but it looks like they've gotten worse throughout the day
Calling my friends who do soil for help!

@Vlad The Inhaler @Bailey

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

What is your soil pH? The FF soils are notorious for having bad pH issues. I think it is a combo of a pH problem and nute burn, STOP feeding them!!!! They have plenty of nutes in the soil, and honestly it may be too hot for them. Are you pHing your water?

What is your soil pH? The FF soils are notorious for having bad pH issues. I think it is a combo of a pH problem and nute burn, STOP feeding them!!!! They have plenty of nutes in the soil, and honestly it may be too hot for them. Are you pHing your water?
I've stopped giving nutes, and the one dose I did give was super duper mild (less than 1/4 dose). I've been using reverse osmosis water with a PH at or slightly above 6.

I'm going to try to find the article I seen that disproves led lights cause a cal/mag deficiency.. I'm gonna go do some digging so I can post it for ya.

Oh right.. here it is. It's under faq at blackdog led where I also happened to purchase my light.. here it is ill just paste it.

No, LED lights do not cause any kind of nutrient deficiency.

A rumor was started that LED lights cause magnesium deficiency when people noticed that some plants develop purple petioles (leaf stalks) or streaks on the stems under LED lights, but not under HPS lights. While purple coloration on stems and petioles can be one of the signs of magnesium deficiency, it is also a sign that the plant is producing natural purple pigments (anthocyanin) in response to ultraviolet (UV) light. Many artificial lights (including HPS and most LEDs) don't give off UV light, so plants grown under these lights don't produce this natural pigmentation. Under these UV-lacking lights, purple coloration is often a sign of magnesium deficiency. However, when grown under UV-containing Black Dog LED lights or natural sunlight, plants will produce their full range of natural pigmentation-- it is not necessarily a sign of a nutrient deficiency.

The major symptom of magnesium deficiency is usually yellowing, blotchy-looking (chlorotic) leaves, accompanied by purple stems and petioles. When growing under Black Dog LED grow lights, unless the leaves are chlorotic, purple stems and petioles are not a sign of a magnesium deficiency-- they are a sign of a happy, healthy plant.

Oh right.. here it is. It's under faq at blackdog led where I also happened to purchase my light.. here it is ill just paste it.

No, LED lights do not cause any kind of nutrient deficiency.

A rumor was started that LED lights cause magnesium deficiency when people noticed that some plants develop purple petioles (leaf stalks) or streaks on the stems under LED lights, but not under HPS lights. While purple coloration on stems and petioles can be one of the signs of magnesium deficiency, it is also a sign that the plant is producing natural purple pigments (anthocyanin) in response to ultraviolet (UV) light. Many artificial lights (including HPS and most LEDs) don't give off UV light, so plants grown under these lights don't produce this natural pigmentation. Under these UV-lacking lights, purple coloration is often a sign of magnesium deficiency. However, when grown under UV-containing Black Dog LED lights or natural sunlight, plants will produce their full range of natural pigmentation-- it is not necessarily a sign of a nutrient deficiency.

The major symptom of magnesium deficiency is usually yellowing, blotchy-looking (chlorotic) leaves, accompanied by purple stems and petioles. When growing under Black Dog LED grow lights, unless the leaves are chlorotic, purple stems and petioles are not a sign of a magnesium deficiency-- they are a sign of a happy, healthy plant.
Thanks for linking that! Super informative

I think at this stage the plants are focusing on building a strong root system.. yellow cotyledons are perfectly normal, the plant feeds off of those. I would definitely lay off the nutes for at least 2 to 3 weeks just give it plain ph water from now on hopefully they bounce back for ya and it doesn't set you back much. Good luck

Last edited:
hi and welcome :pass:
size wise they about average.couple look a lil overwaterd,thats easy to do with youngungs.
not a bad start for a first time,relax talk to them.
:pighug:
I'm also growing autos not looking to good need help

1645378983991.jpg

Back