New Grower First time grower - blue dream auto from Humboldt

Reaction score
Whats up folks! First time grower in the Midwest, where sadly, it is illegal to grow your own herb. After getting sick of a unpredictable black market and a high priced legal market I decided to join all you wonderful folks!

I will be growing in my unfinished basement in a relatively new house. Basement stays around 68 degrees all year round and relative humidity ranges from 40-60 percent without a dehumidifier. I will most likely be purchasing a dehumidifier come flower. Basement is moderately used.

I choose to go with blue dream auto from Humboldt. I purchased seeds from North Atlantic Seed Company, service was great.

Gear:
2x4x5 Vivosun grow tent
4" vivosun exhaust with carbon filter - exhaust blows to the other side of the basement. If needed I do have the option of venting outside
HLG 260x xl V2 Rspec
2x small clip on fans
RO Water pHed to 6.5
Advanced Nutrients
70% biobizz lite soil, 30% vermiculite that was presoaked with RO water with voodoo juice and cal mag at 100%, and some of my backyard compost.
5 gallon fabric pots

Seeds were directly sowed into the soil on 9/10 about 1cm down and lightly covered. All seeds germinated and have broke the soil as of today. Humidity domes will he left in until the first set of leaves form.

Have to use RO water as I have liquid rock coming out of my taps. 430 ppm average with a pH of 7.5 - 7.8. Luckily, I already had an RO system for my aquarium room.

Light is currently at 50% 24/7 at around 20 in above the surface of the pot. Will be ran 20/4 throughout the cycle once leaves form.

Any feedback or tips would be appreciated!

Toke well my friends!

Last edited:
Whats up folks! First time grower here in Ohio, where sadly, it is illegal to grow your own herb. After getting sick of a unpredictable black market and a high priced legal market I decided to join all you wonderful folks!

I will be growing in my unfinished basement in a relatively new house. Basement stays around 68 degrees all year round and relative humidity ranges from 40-60 percent without a dehumidifier. I will most likely be purchasing a dehumidifier come flower. Basement is moderately used.

I choose to go with blue dream auto from Humboldt. I purchased seeds from Maine Seed Company, service was great.

Gear:
2x4x5 Vivosun grow tent
4" vivosun exhaust with carbon filter - exhaust blows to the other side of the basement. If needed I do have the option of venting outside
HLG 260x xl V2 Rspec
2x small clip on fans
RO Water pHed to 6.5
Advanced Nutrients
70% biobizz lite soil, 30% vermiculite that was presoaked with RO water with voodoo juice and cal mag at 100%, and some of my backyard compost.
5 gallon fabric pots

Seeds were directly sowed into the soil on 9/10 about 1cm down and lightly covered. All seeds germinated and have broke the soil as of today. Humidity domes will he left in until the first set of leaves form.

Have to use RO water as I have liquid rock coming out of my taps. 430 ppm average with a pH of 7.5 - 7.8. Luckily, I already had an RO system for my aquarium room.

Light is currently at 50% 24/7 at around 20 in above the surface of the pot. Will be ran 20/4 throughout the cycle once leaves form.

Any feedback or tips would be appreciated!

Toke well my friends!

heya @crawf and :welcome: to afn! :toke: best canna commune on the web here & anything u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420:

pics
Time for some pics!
SbAIKdJ.jpg

ReZ8hel.jpg

emMBtyK.jpg

RhxGBeB.jpg

Raised the light by 5" and turned up to 80% for some extra heat. Tent is running at 76 F and about 50% humidity

tipz -> 1) keep the underside of the domez misted to help with rh, cuz seedlingz need 75-80% if at all possible...2) for their first week or so, all they need is a misting of the top soil 2-3 timez a day...3) when they do start gettin reg wateringz, they'll only need 1-2 oz, and alwayz water in a ring, away from the stem, so the lil rootz are forced to find the water on their own, and thus, grow :smokeit: :thumbsup: ppp

tipz -> 1) keep the underside of the domez misted to help with rh, cuz seedlingz need 75-80% if at all possible...2) for their first week or so, all they need is a misting of the top soil 2-3 timez a day...3) when they do start gettin reg wateringz, they'll only need 1-2 oz, and alwayz water in a ring, away from the stem, so the lil rootz are forced to find the water on their own, and thus, grow :smokeit: :thumbsup: ppp

Thanks for the tips! I'll mist the domes before i head to bed tonight. I also laid a damp towel on my rack to help bring the humidity up.

Who would have thought that my basement would be to dry!

Just a quick picture update. Blue Dream - Day 5

Temp is ranging from 74-77 mid tent level with a RH 49%

Humidity inside domes are 70% with a temp of 73 F. Lights still 24/7 probably for another 3-4 days. Will be giving a very light water tomorrow sometime.

Left
Zg2pq4S.jpg

Middle
jvokhZE.jpg

Right
rZ59Bwu.jpg

Day 9
Day 9 update

Soil was really dry so I watered with 2 ml / liter of cal mag and voodoo juice. All seems to be going well. The seedling that had the helmet head is lagging behind the other.

I think I will start feeding nutes starting on day 14 at 1/4 strength and see how the girls respond. Any tips on feeding would be appreciated.

Lights will be moved to 20/4 starting tomorrow day 10.

Questions:
Do I feed with every watering?

z0TApNh.jpg

KUFif2k.jpg

QUE12GC.jpg

Back