Outdoor First time Grow - QLD Australia

smokeyfromau

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Plants: Autofem Northern Lights Blueberry (SAGSEEDS) and freebie Sour Daddy

Location: Outdoor and undercover at night - semi mobile approx 9hrs sun a day

Grown medium: We read that autos can be sensitive to transplanting and , i found a thread of Bandits, that we followed

I got the following potting mix and seed raising mix for the center of the pot, which is the final grow pot

https://www.searlesgardening.com.au/searles-premium-advanced-potting-mix

Plants at 1 month 6 days
(better pics tomorrow during day light hours

i use one watering can 9L ( 2.4 gallon approx) for all 5 plants, plus little extra for midget ( one that hasnt grown much), during the morning every day

1262019.jpg

Jan 27th 2019
Plants trunk to top - range in 40 - 53cm ( 16- 21' inch approx)
Spreading well on branches, the SourDaddy is less dense.
girls1.jpg

girls2.jpg

Power Feed NPK 9.5 : 1.6: 7.5

Potash maybe i can use no N or P, but K sees high 47 -17

Richgro website = 0N:0P:41K.

I wonder if they have stalled a bit in growth but could be me.

Water them every morning about 9L(2.4gallon approx) for 5 plants and a little over this morning with very diluted potash 1/4 the dose or less

* moderators if you wish to move thread to the newbie outdoor grow if you think it is needed, thank u Smokey

Last edited:
@weedwarrior, thanks, they are in their final pots, next grow will have more orange pots. I found this nifty biodegradable pots at Bunnings. Thanks for the link i can see how its best to cut the put etc than pull out the plant.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/jiffy-60mm-round-peat-pot-26-pack_p2961318

Yeah the insta pots would be for next round ;)
You have to be careful with peat pots...yes they degrade, but it tends to take a fair bit of time to break down enough for young roots to penetrate the walls. Some guys use an Xacto knife and score the sides of the pots for easier breakdown when you plant into your final medium.

Thanks WeedWarrior for the advice with the biodegradable :frog:

I was out checking the girls just before, seem fine so after the feed and water, one thing that disturbed me was a wasp there, i saw it once before on the leave, now i see its made a hole in the soil, so goodbye wasp when i see it maybe:vibe: I can see the stem on one is a bit brown but i think is due to height
newgrowthgrenner.jpg

stem.jpg
sourdaddy kabab.jpg

:d5:thanks mate, keep the nute liquids lower than suggested and observe the girls. I have one, never show it, as its a lost cause miss midget, i experiment with her gave her more powerfeed this morning - she looks just as fine:frog:. Funny that one was our largest seedling lol

Feb 2 update.:frog:

I made a chart to feed the girls every 2nd or 3rd day with the powerfeed with a bit of potash. I will be trying new nutes next time

Every the midget plant has taken off, which is good, chances of bud from it is likely even if its a little , all counts

Bit worried about the yellowing of the leaves, but apart from that plants seem very well still

I wonder if my watering is correct, i use 1 , plus another half watering can (9L) each morning for the girls - 6 of them, feels damp at base at night, and just slightly damp not dry on top

Funny the plants in the smaller pots are larger than the large terra pots, i am thinking maybe drainage is extra good in the terrra maybe or just the seed, the terra plants are more frosty:pass: :drool:already, and others less so but still frosty

P1150132.JPG

P1150140.JPG

P1150141.JPG

P1150151.JPG

You can put your nute rates up mate, the yellowing is N deficiency I think. I would bump your nutes up to 3/4 strength and see what happens! Overall they look great man:d5:, you must be getting the watering pretty right for them to look so healthy I think :thumbsup:. Looks like plenty of sparkles too buddy, good job on them so far :headbang:
Feb 2 update.:frog:

I made a chart to feed the girls every 2nd or 3rd day with the powerfeed with a bit of potash. I will be trying new nutes next time

Every the midget plant has taken off, which is good, chances of bud from it is likely even if its a little , all counts

Bit worried about the yellowing of the leaves, but apart from that plants seem very well still

I wonder if my watering is correct, i use 1 , plus another half watering can (9L) each morning for the girls - 6 of them, feels damp at base at night, and just slightly damp not dry on top

Funny the plants in the smaller pots are larger than the large terra pots, i am thinking maybe drainage is extra good in the terrra maybe or just the seed, the terra plants are more frosty:pass: :drool:already, and others less so but still frosty

View attachment 1009407
View attachment 1009409
View attachment 1009408
View attachment 1009410

Back