Dinafem First grow: White Widow Autoflowering CBD

Reaction score
This is my first grow ever. As I suffer from osteoporosis I want to grow several CBD strains to make my own oil. I have very little to no experience at all in growing weed, 30 years ago I had a plant in my garden, that's it, I read a lot the last couple of weeks and wanted to give it a try so here it goes.

Setup:
  • 60x60x140 IKEA kit
  • Mars Hydro 300W LED,
  • clock,
  • Arduino
  • Garden Highpro vent GH-V-117,
  • Can-Lite Carbon filtre
  • 24l pot,
  • Plagron batmix + 30% cocos
  • Biobizz bio-bloom and TopMax
  • Fan 5W

Started with 18/6 light

Day 1, feb 5
View media item 14072
Started in an old server
View media item 14078
Day 5
View media item 14079
Day 11 and time to change rooms
24 liter pot with Plagron batmix + 30% coco so I don't have to fertilize for growth, only give tap water with lots of Ca and Mag here
View media item 14082View media item 14083View media item 14084View media item 14085
Day 14
View media item 14086View media item 14087
Day 17
View media item 14088View media item 14089
Day 19
View media item 14090View media item 14091View media item 14092
Day 20 and time for some improvements in the IKEA closet EDIT: and switched to 20/4 light
View media item 14093View media item 14097View media item 14098and also the first pistil arrives
View media item 14094View media item 14095View media item 14096from now on I will start to give extra 1ml/l Top Max with every watering

Day 27 still small, 17cm, but big healthy leaves and many internodes. My lamp is at 35cm maybe I should raise a bit so she can stretch?
View media item 14099View media item 14100View media item 14101View media item 14102
and a little tech stuff: al my sensors in an app
View media item 14103

Last edited:
Looks good. I'm currently growing three White Widow autos using a SWICK watering system (capillary wicking) with 4" plant trays and perlite. Plant are in my own Super Soil with an OF/FF topping in 3" Dirt Pot fabric airpots. They are W3, D19 from seeds now and are in second veg. Is an indoor grow inside a 2X3 tent. Lighting are two (2) 150W SunSystems HPS grow lights. The tent is vented with a 4" fan w/ carbon filter.

I use base dry organic amendments such as bat and seabird guano, alfalfa, sulphur, EWC, dried banana peel meal, rabbit droppings, kelp meal and others. I create solutions with tap water (for the microminerals and Mag and Ca) to augment the soil and maintain a living environment.

I have numerous grows over the past year and a half some good some failures. Started with coco and I'm a soil and SWICK convert so far. Ill update with pics soon.

Looking good so far.

The sensor thing is a great idea, might have to do something similar in the future. 35cm is a bit close for vegging with the mars, here's the distance guide.

Attachments

• 51sVeIgg6NL.jpg
    51sVeIgg6NL.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 164
As I suffer from osteoporosis I want to grow several CBD strains to make my own oil
Nice and healthy so far. You might consider buying a vaporizer and vape the cbd plant. I've done that quite a bit. That strain is 1:1 cbd/thc and is a little weaker thc. The 2:1 is where the high, if you want to call it that, is very different. There is no silliness factor caused by thc because it's 2:1 and thus, is not psychoactive. You can go about your business unencumbered. I have cbd oil pills, but those are just too expense at this point. Hopefully prices fall as we get more and more states to become legal.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcoming and tips.
I put my lamp at 45cm now and tried a bit of leaf tucking, would it be too late for the ponytail technique, maybe I can try that as this plant is very small compared to others at same age. Can not compare to exactly the same strain as I can't find a WW auto CBD report, maybe the CBD version is smaller?
anyway, Day 28
full

full

And a little bit more info on the tech stuff and sensors, it's home made but not very difficult a lot of tutorials are online
try to search for blynk, ESP8266 and temperature
this is a really good instructable: http://www.instructables.com/id/From-Blink-to-Blynk-an-IoT-Jorney-on-the-Wings-of-/

last two days

full
full

as you can see soil humidity is going down from the point of watering en soil temp drops by 1°C, next time i put my water at room temp and not directly from tap as it takes some time to be on normal temp again.
air temp drops with 2-3°C from the moment light off and air humidity raises from 36% to 60%, I also stop ventilation at that time, otherwise temp would drop even more I guess.
any feedback welcome for this newbie
Light on 12:15PM off 7:45 AM I know strage but I have my reasons as I can have somebody in my home from 8AM to 12PM :)

@ultralow @hairyman @Spanglish @Free Flow

Last edited:
Firstly thank you for putting your faith in our genetics for your first grow :thumbsup: we won't let you down!

Secondly I love to see hand made grow zones and you have created a beautiful environment which should keep the plant happy and healthy through out this grow :thumbsup:

And finally you are off to a flying start and I'll most definitely be along for the ride and watching with interest mate :bong:

Looking great so far :thumbsup:

All the best

Mark..

Back