First grow, tons of questions, best advice *(PM me)

Reaction score
Alright, here we go, so long story short after building a hidden room, This is my setup / gear so far. (note done tons of research and done some lst /hst on friends plant,

INSHORT : looking for nutrient schedule.(go to nutes section) amount of plants and necessary changes, if you can feel like you have input somewhere any help is appreciated,!!

Room size, 4x8x7 feet

Ventilation
1 fresh air fan, Looping through 2x Cooltubes to then loop back outside, 1 inline fan from outside to a big circulation fan , 2x exhaust fans with carbon filters on each side of the ceiling blowing hot air out, i have 2 larger circulation fanson either side and 5 smaller monkey fans here and there.

Lights
2 cooltubes 1 running a 600w magnetic ballast with a new MH bulb and HPS, the other with a 400 w digital ballast also MH/HPS (planning on getting 2x air-cooled hoods and another 600w asap) also 2x Led strips IR, and UV light,

Climate
6L Humidifier, 8L electric dehumidifier, Co2 tabs and canisters, Bluetooth temp, humidity, co2 ppm, air pressure, Tivoc and radon meter,

Medium
Gold label light mix, Gold Label hydro/coco (60/40) (for bottom of pots),

Propagation
Secret Jardin 70 mini tent with 65w CFL and Root!t Grow House Large, UGroCocoPlugs Rhiza

Pots
8x 9.2L air-pots and 4x 6.5L square pots

Nutes
PH and EC pen, Vitalink PH up & Down
AN ph perfect micro, grow, bloom, Voodo juice, Big bud, Overdrive, B52, Senzisyme, Rhino skin, Bud factor X, Carbo load, Biobizz calmag,

Seeds:
Royal Queen Seeds, (only doing autos) 11x Northern lights 3x Green Gelato 3x Hulkberry 3x Fat Banana, 2x Royal Guerilla 2x Blue Cheese, 2x Bubble Kush 1x Royal Haze 1x Purple Queen

Questions
1. First things you would change? (any obvious flaws )
2.how many plants under each light? (600mh hps / 400, also under 2x 600)
3. What strains? Germination tips?
4.nutrient schedule based on my nutes?
5. guidelines regarding temp, co2 levels?
6. Training or no training? Lst?
7. Upgrades? Another 600w, more airpots n soil if so what size? AC unit? Water filter? Do i airate my water?
8 When do I change from 65w cfl to MH and then to HPS? Distance from plants?
You guys get the idea...sorry for the long post but I want to do it the right way from the start

Anywhere you feel like you have any advice do drop a comment! Thanks a bunch before hand!

Last edited:
Your packing all of that in a 28 square foot space?

This is 4 x 6 x 8 = 24 sqft. 6 plants.

_DSC1546.JPG_DSC1612.JPG

Last edited:
That's the gear I have available I'm currently building the grow room, looking for advice on amount of plants changes and so on... I made q double wall so it's a hidden room with a hatch, the entire room is probably like 4x14x7, plan on using 4x8 for growing since it's my first time, 2x600w hps/mh and 2.5 gal airports with soil z main question, with the strains available recommends amount of plants for each 4x4 sections and 600 mh hps / also any nutrient advice with my nutes?

Here is a really shity temporary blueprint, text in Swedish tho important to know is, red arrows and lines = outtake and hot air, blue cold and intake, left hand Pic is just floor space, left = floor and above, yellow things carbon filter, black things lights, purple big fan, pink monkey fan, (the bluegray and orange is humidifier and dehumidifier,) lime is a sensor and brown co2, outside the room is the prop tent and ballast

Attachments

• IMG_20200825_144914.jpg
    IMG_20200825_144914.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20200825_144918.jpg
    IMG_20200825_144918.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 17
:smoking: Fairfox, I have to edit that thread title mate, it's a legal liability for AFN--- sorry! A while back Admin. sat down with a specialty lawyer and went over such things, and had some eye-opening stuff dropped on them - :nono:
.... what you do in PM is another matter.... :rolleyes2:

You are going to need wheels or rail system to be able to reach all plants. Looks like you have the bases covered but plant placement is an issue. I have a hell of a time if I have to reach a back plant in my setup. We make do. and you will find what works for you!

:vibe:

I am really happy with the GroDan 1.5" A-ok starter cubes. I soak them in PH 5.5 then dunk them in 1/4 strength nutrients PH 5.8 with a pinch of kelp and humic acid. Plant seeds 1/2" deep. Place on heat mat or room ~ 80°F /26.7°C humidity >60% I only use the heat mat in winter here and only use the humidity dome when it is too dry.

_DSC3134.JPG_DSC3135.JPG_DSC2973.JPG

Do not over water them, they hold more than you think. I put an extra one in the tray and water it at the same time as the seeds. Then I just pick that one up and when it hefts light it is time to water the seeds. Try not to lift the seeds until you are ready to transplant as the roots will be out the bottom.

I am really happy with the GroDan 1.5" A-ok starter cubes. I soak them in PH 5.5 then dunk them in 1/4 strength nutrients PH 5.8 with a pinch of kelp and humic acid. Plant seeds 1/2" deep. Place on heat mat or room ~ 80°F /26.7°C humidity >60% I only use the heat mat in winter here and only use the humidity dome when it is too dry.

View attachment 1227217View attachment 1227218View attachment 1227220

Do not over water them, they hold more than you think. I put an extra one in the tray and water it at the same time as the seeds. Then I just pick that one up and when it hefts light it is time to water the seeds. Try not to lift the seeds until you are ready to transplant as the roots will be out the bottom.

You think my ugro coco disks work just as well? Should i do paper towels until taproot or germinate in the coco bricks?
It's dehydrated coco coir u soak up and there is also mycozherezia in it,, should i add jungle juice? And grow i have 3 part nutrients, or micro, i have a secret Jardin small dome tent for propagation with a small 65 w cfl, when can i move it under my 600watts?, first set of fan leaves? Also how far up should my lamps be starting out?

Also I have a similar green house to yours with the plastic dome, also a secret jardin70 if you Google, should I put the plastic greenhouse inside that tent or just use either one?

You are going to need wheels or rail system to be able to reach all plants. Looks like you have the bases covered but plant placement is an issue. I have a hell of a time if I have to reach a back plant in my setup. We make do. and you will find what works for you!

I was thinking actually building a track system, basically like conveyor belts, put wheels on my airports that lock into rails, that way i can just push them to rotate them around, (sounds complicated but already wired electricity within the wall , made a tiny 15 inch x25 inch door with shelves on the cracks, put wallpaper over it, vents going out underground with Bars over them and about 10 inches of rock in courtyard and it's in the basement..

Attachments

• IMG_20200826_060128.jpg
    IMG_20200826_060128.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200826_060109.jpg
    IMG_20200826_060109.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 17
Back