New Grower First grow - RQS Northern Lights auto

Reaction score
Been lurking for a few weeks now and have a bit of paranoia about posting as I'm in the UK. That being said the vibe from this forum is fantastic so I really wanted to share.

Growing in a 10ltr airpot.
John innes #2 & perlite.
300w cfl 2700k from start.
Biobizz grow & bloom.
Started lst at day 18.

Here is a pic from today, day 28.
No issues so far, I'd love your opinions on how she looks.

uploadfromtaptalk1397316603599.jpg

Nice Start Gman - And Welcome to AFN!! ^_^

It's all looking nice and green in there! Leaves look happy!
I'm surprized tha John Innes 2 wasnt a bit strong for the seedlings, but they seem to be happy enough now!!

Yeah! It's gonna turn out nice Gman!

Hey, why not pop up a hello over at introductions for a nice warm welcome from our members!

All the best
Blue ^_^

Should have mentioned, germed in seedling compost which was in the middle of the final pot

Should have mentioned, germed in seedling compost which was in the middle of the final pot
That'll be it! :rofl:

Hi GMan :) A few of us here from the UK so don't worry too much !

I use airvpn dot org, six quid a month for complete anonymity and no logs kept.

All the best,

steely

Will have a look at that steely, cheers.

Wasn't really expecting this much growth as I'm using a 2700k bulb, very happy so far.

Nice looking lady, im subbed for this as i grow NL myself just they are from sensi. Keep it green, peace

Guess I should add a bit more info. I'm growing in a cupboard 60cm x 1m x 2 m high.
Got a 6" fan for circulation and a 80mm pc fan as an exhaust into a second cupboard above. I'm running an ozone ionic purifier in the top cupboard. So far no odour issues.

I'm planning on a second plant next week, I have some different seeds but I can't decide which to use yet. When I start the second grow I will be adding a 125w cfl 6400k bulb.

I'm using fish tank water which sits around 6.5 ph and heavily oxygenated.

I used a flowering (2700k) CFL for my first 6 and a half grows, red all the way through.

The CFL has a good spectrum, it hits blues, reds, oranges, it even has a bit of green which NASA discovered way back plants do use a little of.

I spent the money on vegging (6400k) bulb but my plants were much shorter (blue light decreases inter-node gaps so your plant is shorter and stockier.

I'd advise you keep mainly, if not only, red in your lighting.

Best result i had was 4oz from four plants, each in 2L pots. Four ounces ain't bad from a total soil volume of 8 litres (2 gallons) and a 250 watt lamp.

Here they are :

prdvIT4.jpg

v3soP7p.jpg

K0XYlaF.jpg

Just for some more info, dual-spec CFLSs are less energy-efficient. The cheap ones also have half the bulb with red tubes and half the bule with blue tubes, so your light-mix is unbalanced.

It's also worth upping your wattage to 250 if possible, my 250W CFL drew 190 watts real power, and keeping the canopy VERY close is the only way to do it, like here :

KZUr4I0.jpg

Anyway first spliff of the day and i can feel my brain floating off now !

all the best,

steely

I'm using a 300w bulb already! Now on day 31 and the growth is fantastic and as such had already decided not to go with a blue next time. Glad my choice has been backed up.

I'd be more than happy with an oz from this one.

I can't decide what to try next. I want to get the second going this week which works out about 1/2 way through this grow - thinking perpetual production.

I have (all Dinafem) blue cheese, roadrunner #2, white widow and critical jack. Any thoughts?

Back