New Grower First grow, Royal Dwarf, UK outdoor

Reaction score
Hi all.
I thought I'd post a journal to document my first grow that I started tonight.

I've decided to try Queen Seeds Royal Dwarf. I did a small amount of research before ordering but only discovered AFN after I ordered my seeds and what a wealth of knowledge this place is!

My plan is to start it inside under 125w dual CFL then move outside after a short time but possibly still supplement with the CFL on dull days.

So here's what I've done tonight.....

I got Plant Magic and Perlite and mixed a 4:1 ratio in a 15l fabric pot.

IMAG6323.jpg
IMAG6333.jpg

IMAG6335.jpg

For the last 2cm of the fill I did pure Plant Magic and then soaked thoroughly with rain water

IMAG6336.jpg

I must say the Plant Magic feels like lovely stuff! I've got a few soils and drainage mediums for my bonsai hobby so I love getting my hands into a bag of dirt!

So on to open the seed pack....

IMAG6322.jpg

IMAG6329.jpg

And I've popped it into some water to soak overnight

IMAG6331.jpg

All that's left to do in the morning is to transfer the seed from the glass to my pot into a small hole, cover with soil and put the top of a drinks bottle over the top in an effort to keep it warm and moist.

IMAG6338.jpg

Well that's it for now. I hope this journal might help someone and I'm looking forward to keeping it updated as and when things happen.

Cheers all.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hey welcome to the forum mate, you can always drive a few more people to your thread by making a couple introductions. The first place would be to do a live introduction and the second would be the live Stoners gossip. You can just say hello and put up a link to your thread get more folks in here.

There's a real friendly group here quite a few from the UK I'm sure you'll have a few of them come on by soon and give you some tips if you like.

Current Diaries

Jingo grows zambeza white widow and supper silver haze

Jingo does Remo nutes, Dinafem white cheese and portal kracken.

Jingo grows Dinafem White Cheese, lumigrow pro 325, gh and remo nutes

Jingo'scontinuous cbd grow, lumigrow pro LED, GH nutrients in coco, with test results.

Awesome start to your grow! I followed in through your introduction. Like @jingo said, you should hop into Live Stoner chat if you haven't already and say hello! Lots of great information on these forums and your plants will definitely thrive from the help you will receive here!

May good grow karma come your way! May the AFN vibe lead you to a successful journey...
:vibe:

Subbing up... I'm UK based my man and wishing I could do an out doors grow this summer... I have a school directly behind my house so outdoors in no no for me. You will be building an indoor groom soon. That's how it started for me, started out side with some baggie seed then realised the world was about to smell what I was up to so moved it in doors before the kids came back to school. We are looking to move house now with no school at the back of us.

Looking forward to seeing how this go's... still some left on this

giphy20.gif

A little update -

The seed is in the hole [emoji1]

Popped it in around 5am this morning (was up most of the night looking after my little girl who was unwell in the night [emoji17])

I know that's not quite a full 12hr soak in water but I did read last night that good / fresh seeds shouldn't necessarily need the soaking part. I have to assume mine are fresh as I had to wait for a week for the supplier to get a restock of the Royal Dwarf before sending them to me.

Soil felt perfectly moist so popped it in around 1cm deep, covered and put the bottle top over.

8495f3fc9bb3f4739475152679ce1c32.jpg

7fa5410fe100ed5ae11a3d4721bbcd15.jpg

The room is approx 20 degrees right now so I might need to up the temp a touch? Whenever I germinate my salad crops, herbs, tomatoes etc for the garden I give them a bit of extra warmth near the wood burner but that's only been during the colder months of the year!

Oh and thanks for all the cool messages.

Cheers
Swan

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Back