New Grower First Grow - Northern Lights Autoflower - Sprouty

If the water/nutes went in at 6.5 and came out at 6.2, that means the soil is probably down around 5.9-6.0. Some nuts are locked out at that level. You might want to raise the pH of what you put in to 6.8-6.9. That should to bring the soil pH up a bit. But just my 2 cents. lol
Cheers

Yeah that makes sense. I'll do that on my next watering. Thank you!! :Sharing One::Gold:

Update. Another watering this morning, 2.25 L, 15 ml total nutes. PH'd to approximately 6.9 . Runoff was 6.4 PH. Getting more growth...just slightly under 11 inches right now. I'm just ignoring the dying dried leaves...I'll let them fall off on their own.

20150324_092634.jpg20150324_092706.jpg

(with little experience) I have to say I am very impressed with how well autos seem to grow with CFL's .

Makes me wonder how they would do on smaller variety's compared with other light sources.

Looking great!!!!

Nice work, bro. I am about a week behind you growing the same seeds from Crop King. Have a look. It is trippy that your journal has gotten so many comments. What's your secret? lol!! I have been journaling mine since day one and hardly anyone has made a peep. *shrug*

Subbed up and following along.

Nice work, bro. I am about a week behind you growing the same seeds from Crop King. Have a look. It is trippy that your journal has gotten so many comments. What's your secret? lol!! I have been journaling mine since day one and hardly anyone has made a peep. *shrug*

Subbed up and following along.

Haha..yours is 7 pages!! :) Looking forward to watching your hydro grow!

(with little experience) I have to say I am very impressed with how well autos seem to grow with CFL's .

Makes me wonder how they would do on smaller variety's compared with other light sources.

Looking great!!!!

Thanks! :Sharing One:

Just exploded over night. Over 1 inch vertical growth...branches are growing out now too!! :D Getting tricky with positioning the side cfl's. I need to come up with something.

20150325_130854.jpg

Last edited:
Hope you enjoy your Northern Lights as much as I do mine, welcome to AFN.

You're run off will always be lower pH with soil, with a good nutrient regiment (which you are on :thumbs: - in my opinion) your plant has plenty of nutrients for growth at all times so each feed is going to interact with the nutrients in the soil and will lower the pH, I would not worry about nutrient lock out.

Hope you enjoy your Northern Lights as much as I do mine, welcome to AFN.

You're run off will always be lower pH with soil, with a good nutrient regiment (which you are on :thumbs: - in my opinion) your plant has plenty of nutrients for growth at all times so each feed is going to interact with the nutrients in the soil and will lower the pH, I would not worry about nutrient lock out.

Awesome, thanks for the tips!! :Gold:

Day 35:

Another watering today. Watering every 2 days now. 2.25 L water PH 6.6 (runoff 6.4), 14 ml nutes. Humidty is highest it's ever been...now at 40%. Changed light setup...there was no more room at the sides without either being too close to the leaves or to the panda film. Swapped in another 23w 2700K x 2 for the 2 remaining 6500K. Vertical height in now just under 13 inches :D

20150326_114557.jpg20150326_114401.jpg20150326_121930.jpg20150326_114322.jpg

Day 36:

20150327_162318.jpg

Last edited:
Back