First Grow In Almost 2 Years!

I made a new Drying Tent!!!! Cost me around $50 but definitely worth it.

24" x 16" x 20" Amazon grow tent $24.99

4" inline fan 150cfm max with controller Amazon $15.99

AC infinity 4" duct (Had laying around)

Grommet Kit Amazon ($8.99)

Metal hangers

Metal clips

Easy and effective!
View attachment 1685070

Had the hole already for the fan and I cut one for the duct through the screen viewing window. I have it pulling then blowing back in. Has a controller so I can adjust the flow rate make for the perfect airflow.
View attachment 1685069
View attachment 1685075
View attachment 1685071
Put the grommets in then straightened metal hangers and bent the ends to hold in place. Easily removable and sturdy. (Yes OCD made me cut them all to the same length after the photo 🤣)
View attachment 1685078

Plenty of metal clips to hang buds!
View attachment 1685072View attachment 1685074View attachment 1685079

It fits right on top of my grow tent for easy storage. I have it going now in the tiny house it's sitting at 70°f and 45% RH so full it'll sit right around 55-60% which is perfect!

So I'm confused are you just moving the air outside the tent and right back in? What this doing wouldn't having a fan in the tent do the same thing and move the air around? IMO you should be exchanging the air exhausting air which pulls fresh air in

So I'm confused are you just moving the air outside the tent and right back in? What this doing wouldn't having a fan in the tent do the same thing and move the air around? IMO you should be exchanging the air exhausting air which pulls fresh air in
Pretty much does what a fan would do yes. Just pulls air from the tent while pushing air back into it. I'm adding a filter also so the air that goes back in will be nice and clean. If I use a regular fan it isn't as controllable as an inline fan giving me a more dialed in airflow for a nice long dry. And more environment control let's say my humidity is higher than wanted I can disconnect the side blowing and only pull air out lowering my humidity.

Pretty much does what a fan would do yes. Just pulls air from the tent while pushing air back into it. I'm adding a filter also so the air that goes back in will be nice and clean. If I use a regular fan it isn't as controllable as an inline fan giving me a more dialed in airflow for a nice long dry. And more environment control let's say my humidity is higher than wanted I can disconnect the side blowing and only pull air out lowering my humidity.
This will recycle the same air. What you want is fresh air, not just circulation. The fan will pull fresh air in as long as you have a hole open somewhere

Mine is setup on that way I just adjust the fan speed accordingly the more bud/higher humidity I have the fan speed is higher. Most the time fan speed never exceeds 3 that’s a 4”inline all air gets filter out and all air in comes threw the mesh vents

IMG_9944.jpeg

Having the air exhausting outside the tent pulling through the tent also makes it so there's not a fan blowing on your buds the air movement is much more subtle. If stuff is drying to fast then I brown bag it which helps slow the dry down

This will recycle the same air. What you want is fresh air, not just circulation. The fan will pull fresh air in as long as you have a hole open somewhere
If it wasn't attached to the screen and just the tent material then yes your right. The whole airflow system is attached to a screen which allows airflow from the inside and outside of the tent. Fresh air is circulating. I think? 🤣 Now I'm second guessing my design.
IMG_20240528_185400254.jpg
IMG_20240528_185046728.jpg

If it wasn't attached to the screen and just the tent material then yes your right. The whole airflow system is attached to a screen which allows airflow from the inside and outside of the tent. Fresh air is circulating. I think? 🤣 Now I'm second guessing my design.View attachment 1685098 View attachment 1685097
Ideally you want the vent, or hole in the zipper, as far away from the fan as you can to pull the air across

Ideally you want the vent, or hole in the zipper, as far away from the fan as you can to pull the air across
Very true. But this is small just not big enough in my opinion to go poking holes 10" from where it already has a hole to vent from. Lol

Very true. But this is small just not big enough in my opinion to go poking holes 10" from where it already has a hole to vent from. Lol
I'm just saying leave the zipper open in this corner and that will allow fresh air to pull across the tent. It's got 2 zippers yes? Cause you're gonna just circulate stale air around the bottom of the tent the way you have it
Screenshot_20240528-202227.png

I'm just saying leave the zipper open in this corner and that will allow fresh air to pull across the tent. It's got 2 zippers yes? Cause you're gonna just circulate stale air around the bottom of the tent the way you have it
View attachment 1685102
I could run one side to the top of the tent if you think it'll make a big difference? I figured cause the tent was so small it wouldn't make much difference.

I could run one side to the top of the tent if you think it'll make a big difference? I figured cause the tent was so small it wouldn't make much difference.
Air takes the path of least resistance. So if you pull it in right next to where you pull it out, it will only will grab that air and the majority of the tent will be stagnant

Back