New Grower First Grow- in 40 years

About what an rv is like. Fiberglass roof w/ 1 1/2" of insulation about 6" from my head

For me ventilation is always a topic I feel is overlooked and not talked about enough. Alot of growers focus solely on light and nutrients and forgo right ventilation. Temp,RH, air movement, and ventilation all have to be working with each Other to have a ideal grow. I still struggle with it trying to keep it in the best medium range for all my plants at all stages of growth. I aim for 75-80 degrees with 60 % RH. But at the same time suck out and bring in 400cfm of fresh air. It's a pain in the ads. Environment controllers help. I make my own bc of how ridicules they are priced.

For me, I think I lucked out with the built in roof vent. So far- it seems to be working fine. If all goes well and I move to the larger closet in the back I can see it will be a different story as its long and skinny.

For me, I think I lucked out with the built in roof vent. So far- it seems to be working fine. If all goes well and I move to the larger closet in the back I can see it will be a different story as its long and skinny.
LED lighting helps keep the heat down in smaller spaces. What's your lighting.

I'm using VIPARSPECTRA DS600. It's got 2 fans on top and they are just under the roof vent so heat goes right out.

End of week 2
Things seem to be going along ok. 1 & 2 are growing the best. 3&4 were started 3 days later in the Folgers "cups" but didn't seem to like it so I put em the cloth and are doing a lot better. [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] has a seed caught on it. Bottom leaf got cut but it's doing better now.Been cooler weather this week and humidity has been harder to control. Going to need to get a controller. Appears to be some green growth on the coco. I believe it may be Trichoderma which from what I've read is beneficial. IDK. 001.jpg 002.jpg all1.jpg all2.jpg

sick1.jpg
Help! I've fallen down and I can't get up! Woke up this morning to find this young lady bent over. Have no idea what the cause is other then maybe the leaves are too big. Should I try to straighten her up with a stake or just prop her as she is and call it early LST?

Last edited:
You can add another inch of medium to help prop her up. Just a thought. Careful fiddling about with the young ones.

:vibes:

With coco and perlite being so loose, I woder if seedling should be planted a little deeper?

Back