New Grower First Grow- in 40 years

Sour D

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Sooo, this is my first grow(in about 40 years-that's another story) I'm attempting to grow some Sour Diesel autos I got from Humboldt via SeedSupreme. Grow medium is 80% coco from Coco Bliss and 20% Epsoma perlite. Using 600 watt VIPARSPECTRA led light. Maui Mike 3 gallon cloth pots. Nutrients: I'll be using Sensi Coco Grow and related products for nutrients. Trying to keep this simple. I'll also be using Advanced Nutrients app for feeding schedule.
Doing this in a 3x3 toilet stall that's not being used in an RV. Give the limited space and low ceiling height, I'm "planning"(see my sig) to try manifolding and lst. I was gonna just do 3 plants but decided to run the 2 freebies in Folger "red cups" just to try different things
05/29 Started seeds
05/31 Planted seedlings in 3 gal cloth pots, Coco & 20% perlite
Started freebe seeds for experiment
Grow space a hot mess temps in high 80's, RH 30's
Using the Advanced Nutrition app for nutrient schedule. Sensi Coco Grow A&B .13 oz, B52 & Voodoo Juice .13
06/01 Picked up and installed AC in bedroom. Fiddling with fans /venting. Temp down to 80
06/02 Fiddled more with fan/venting. Temp to 78. RH still low, ordered humidifier
Planted frebe in Folger "red cups"
06/03 Humidifier in. After messing with things, temp 75, RH 65, PH 6.7, Lights 70%veg/30%bloom 16on/8off
Need to program timer for lights
06/05 Haven't grown much at all. Color seems good. Taking day off from watering as still feels wet. Gonna try running the light at 24 hrs.
06/06 3 main pots still not much growth. The Folger cups seem to be racing to catch up. Still not gonna water. I think I may have left too much water in the coco when I hydrated the brick.

20190606_2060-1.jpg 20190606_2063-1.jpg 20190606_2070-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sooo, this is my first grow(in about 40 years-that's another story) I'm attempting to grow some Sour Diesel autos I got from Humboldt via SeedSupreme. Grow medium is 80% coco from Coco Bliss and 20% Epsoma perlite. Using 600 watt VIPARSPECTRA led light. Maui Mike 3 gallon cloth pots. Nutrients: I'll be using Sensi Coco Grow and related products for nutrients. Trying to keep this simple. I'll also be using Advanced Nutrients app for feeding schedule.
Doing this in a 3x3 toilet stall that's not being used in an RV. Give the limited space and low ceiling height, I'm "planning"(see my sig) to try manifolding and lst. I was gonna just do 3 plants but decided to run the 2 freebies in Folger "red cups" just to try different things
05/29 Started seeds
Using the Advanced Nutrition app for nutrient schedule. Sensi Coco Grow A&B .13 oz, B52 & Voodoo Juice .13
06/01 Picked up and installed AC in bedroom. Fiddling with fans /venting. Temp down to 80
06/02 Fiddled more with fan/venting. Temp to 78. RH still low, ordered humidifier
06/03 Humidifier in. After messing with things, temp 75, RH 65, PH 6.7, Lights 70%veg/30%bloom 16on/8off
06/05 Haven't grown much at all. Color seems good. Taking day off from watering as still feels wet. Gonna try running the light at 24 hrs.
06/06 3 main pots still not much growth. The Folger cups seem to be racing to catch up. Still not gonna water. I think I may have left too much water in the coco when I hydrated the brick.

View attachment 1068365 View attachment 1068366 View attachment 1068367
Good luck!

05/29 Started seeds

So where are they bro.. about day 6 above soil??

05/29 Started seeds

Welcome @Dan34475 :toke:

You look like you have a handle on everything. Don't get anxious. They look just fine. :pass:

One thing I didn't mention was ventilation. I have a fan on the floor to pull in cool air(this is central FL) Above the lights is one of those vents you see on trailers and rv's. The fan is too powerful and sucking the moisture out too much. I have the vent cracked just a bit and the 2 fans on the lights seem to be all I need at this time.

Attics are hard to grow in. At least mine is anyway lol.

Back