New Grower First grow ever, Trans Siberian (Auto Seeds)

AFNG

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Started my first grow ever. I got some trans Siberian seeds from seedsforme.com .

My tent is 3x3x5.25 and currently I have the ac infinity T6 for ventilation with carbon filter. I'm using sf-1000 LED for my light. I'm actually getting a second sf-1000 soon to add in there as well to use during flowering stage. I have a 12" fan mounted in top corner to circulate air inside tent and a space heater.

I'm planted seeds today in 2 five gallon pots.
I know it's probably not ideal but I went with miracle grow nature's care organic raised bed soil and super soil concentrate. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07TRYL6K7?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I watered the soil yesterday and planted the seeds directly into the soil and added a little more water and covered each with the top part of a 2 liter bottle to help keep humidity up until it germinates.

My temps seem to swing between 75ish to 85. I have exhaust vent set to turn on at 83 and it will vent until temp is down to 79.

Humidity seems to be hovering around 50 to 60ish % depending on temp of course.

My plan is to top the plant at 4th node between 14 and 20 days after it's sprouted and wait a week to lst assuming it's healthy and large enough.

Any thoughts or suggestions are always welcome.

I have 2 of the SF1000 along with a bunch of Autocobs. Still like the Autocobs best. Good luck with the grow. Hope it's a great harvest.

Good luck with the grow - I'm a bit jealous, Trans Siberian piques my interest...

Good luck with the grow - I'm a bit jealous, Trans Siberian piques my interest...
Let me know if you have any questions along the way. I've spent a lot of time trying to read up a lot on the strain and didn't find a ton, maybe 5 to 10 grow journals and most stopped before harvest.

I think the hardest thing for me right now is just waiting for germination.

Let me know if you have any questions along the way. I've spent a lot of time trying to read up a lot on the strain and didn't find a ton, maybe 5 to 10 grow journals and most stopped before harvest.

I think the hardest thing for me right now is just waiting for germination.
Try to keep your temps up above 80 if you can, lower temps seem to reduce germination success. Once they pop, put transparent covers over them until they develop some leaves.

I have topped most of my plants, and have had great success, never a single instance of stunting. I do it a bit differently than some because I top while there is a minimum of growth above the target node. I figure that removing less actively growing tissue causes less mischief than otherwise. Anyway, it has worked flawlessly for me, so I recommend trying it. As soon as there is enough stem above the node that you want to top above, remove the tiny growing shoot by cutting the stem with fingernail or scissors. Every time I have done it this way, the plant gets on with lateral growth almost immediately. Plus, by doing it this way, you do not sacrifice the time it takes to grow more leaves and stem above the topping point.

Good luck with your grow. :goodluck: :pighug:

Thanks, I did bump up temp. Now it's bouncing between 75 and 85 with light off. I probably need to insulate outside of tent and or maybe put some concrete blocks inside to help retain a more consistent temperature.

@AFNG @Olderfart
If there is anything Siberian about these plants. That spells Ruderalis to me. And my experience with my hybrids and pure Rudys is to advise you to keep these plants warm during germination...and keep the plant once seedlings in the 70 to 73 range.
Thats 19 to 21 c in metric.
The higher the Rudy content, the cooler the grow.
This is why sativa autos are a bitch to grow.
Half the plant wants the sun, and the other half wants the cool...

@Olderfart
Next time you're topping.
Mind taking some pictures of what you're doing.
If I understand you're topping not fiming, right?

@Olderfart
Next time you're topping.
Mind taking some pictures of what you're doing.
If I understand you're topping not fiming, right?
Yes, I am most definitely topping, I just do it much earlier than most examples I have seen here and elsewhere. There is nothing special to what I do other than I remove the growing tip as soon as there is enough accessible stem to safely permit the task. I do not wait for significant growth above the topping point. Most photos I have seen of others' process showed growers cutting away a substantial amount of growth, in at least a couple cases, more than one leafed node. I do it my way for two reasons. First, at least with autos, it makes no sense to me to spend a couple wasted days letting a full leaf cluster or two grow above the topping point - that is just wasted time and growth. Second, the objective of the exercise is simply to redistribute apical dominance from the otherwise dominant central branch to side branches. Doing the job before the central branch has time to develop much stronger hormonal dominance than the rest of the upper branches, and without wasting time growing stuff you are just going to cut off, seems likely to me to be quicker and more efficient. OTOH, I could be full of beans. What I do know is that my approach has worked flawlessly every time I have done it, and I have never heard a credible argument as to why waiting for more growth above the topping point would work better.

I would provide pics if I could, but it will likely be next winter before I do another grow, so no pics until then unfortunately. Perhaps the OP on this thread could provide photos if they try to do it the way I do. (hint hint :biggrin:)

Happy growing @GeorgeCloney and @AFNG. :pighug:

Back