New Grower First Grow Ever! 2x AutoBlackBerry Kush + BioBizz

They look great bro, looks like you could be giving them a touch too much water. They don't need hardly any at all when they are that age.

Ahhh.. thanks for having a look Dazed! :) I read so many horror stories from first growers (probably too many :O hha) & attempts to fix things that sometimes there wasnt anything to fix.. i probs got too worried! Definitely holding the water offf for least few days & see what happens! Thanks again bro! :peace:

Looking good. I'll be paying attention to this grow!

I think you're right about not over fixing stuff. Best advice is patience, patience, patience. . . and a little bit of love and your plants will do what they're supposed to do!

I'm really no expert but from what i read you can start from the very start of the plant. If you plan on doing some lst you might want to wait till you start pulling over the main stem because it will get hard real quick. I also read that you should continue to use it into flowering but stop like a 2-3 weeks before harvest.

Let me tag @faded187 since hes has the experience.
Hope that helps :pass:

Thanks alot dude! Definitely great advice as i do plan on some slight LST & see how it progresses from the first go at it! & if i do bump into faded187 along the way i'll definitely try bend his ear for a bit on his advice as you recommended is helpfulness! :)

Cheers again bro :peace:

Hey ds what's up ! I'm by no means an expert but I'm pretty sure your temps and RH are good ! I don't think 40% is too dry and if I'm wrong I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in ........ Actually one interesting thing I learned here on AFN also is later on in flowering I was told that it's better to have a lower RH in between 25-35% because it promotes greater resin production and also lessens the chances of bud rot ! Hope that helps ! Peace :pass:by the way your girls are looking great !

Hey ds what's up ! I'm by no means an expert but I'm pretty sure your temps and RH are good ! I don't think 40% is too dry and if I'm wrong I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in ........ Actually one interesting thing I learned here on AFN also is later on in flowering I was told that it's better to have a lower RH in between 25-35% because it promotes greater resin production and also lessens the chances of bud rot ! Hope that helps ! Peace :pass:by the way your girls are looking great !

Hey bro! Cheers for having another look! :D Yeah.. i think 40% is maybe borderline.. i threw in one of my standing water buckets in the grow room for lights out.. bumped the RH up to 53%.. so the tinkering begins! haha! I think this will have to become my journal & an actual external memory so i dont forget what i did to change what.. as my real memory is whack!:crying:
Anyways.. thanks for the tip later on in flowering.. :peace:

Will keep a look out for your next update! :)

As long as your medium was well prepared and moist you don't need to give ANY water at first. There is enough food and water provided by the seed for the very first stages of growth. Making your plant search for water is vital for developing a strong and healthy root system...kinda like how the best grapes grow in super poor and rocky soil. A little struggle is beneficial, imo, to a robust and healthy plant.

Hey bro! Cheers for having another look! :D Yeah.. i think 40% is maybe borderline.. i threw in one of my standing water buckets in the grow room for lights out.. bumped the RH up to 53%.. so the tinkering begins! haha! I think this will have to become my journal & an actual external memory so i dont forget what i did to change what.. as my real memory is whack!:crying:
Anyways.. thanks for the tip later on in flowering.. :peace:

Will keep a look out for your next update! :)
Anytime brother ! I hear you on the memory stick ! Lmao :baked:. Word up ! See ya around , and happy growing bro ! :pass:

Day 7.. Plant 1 has went a darker shade of green & shown some growth! :)
Plant 2 still a bit limey for my liking but shes growing so i can only be happy & see what happens when the pots are dry! :)

Still a bit bemused why plant 1 has stretched so much while her sis is still like a centimetre above the surface :/ Thinking i may have to support her when the 2nd leaves are full as it quite a long stem shes beasted out!

Plant 1
Day 7 Plant 1-2.jpg
Day 7 Plant 1-1.jpg

Plant 2
Day 7 Plant 2-1.jpg
Day 7 Plant 2-2.jpg

Also.. in my 3 gal pots.. ive lost about 3 inches.. when i made them soil mix.. fully watered til run off.. & it was at least 18 hours before the seeds initially went in.. on day 7 now the soil has sunk 3 inches.. did i make a mistake somewhere? Was i suppose to make the mix.. moisten.. days in advance to add more before placing the seeds in? Feel like ive lost 3 inches of potential root space below now! :/

As long as your medium was well prepared and moist you don't need to give ANY water at first. There is enough food and water provided by the seed for the very first stages of growth. Making your plant search for water is vital for developing a strong and healthy root system...kinda like how the best grapes grow in super poor and rocky soil. A little struggle is beneficial, imo, to a robust and healthy plant.

Thanks for stopping buy Darsh! :) & again for the tips! I thought i had prepared my medium well & it was fully moist before seeds went in.. altho ive got about 3 inches from the top of the pot to the soil surface now? Not sure if i made the medium too light & airy.. just didnt want to pack it too tight! Apart from that i think its ok.. just backed off adding any water til i feel the pot has dried out! :D

Thanks again bro :peace:

Back