New Grower First Grow; Critical, LSD-25, Blue Pyramid, Cheese in soil using MarsHydro LEDs

You can add Bennie's at any time. You'll need to feed them, of course. That's the main reason... Well I guess one of the reasons people like to use molasses so much.

Where I'm currently growing
Where I'll be Nov 1st
Thanks! I'll throw them in there as soon as I get the PH under control!

Just did a slurry test and it is very acidic, doing a 2nd one now on a different plant to confirm. Looks like I'll be flushing tonight. Just realized I didn't prep the soil properly when I started, I've been watering 6.5 every time but it's very low pH in the slurry, I'll do a runoff test as I start to flush just to confirm but that's gotta be the source of their slow growth I'm pretty convinced.

I don't know if it was the soil, coco, or water I used to start but all 4 plants were pretty acidic. 6.5 in, runoff was coming out 5.4 to 5.8, slurry was giving similar results. After flushing with 3 gallons of 6.5 RO per plant, runoff was coming in at 6.0 - 6.2 which means soil pH was somewhere around 5.5 - 5.9, if I'm doing that correctly?

Before they went back in the tent I watered each with a weak solution of Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom, and CalMag just to replenish what I took out with the flush. Gonna give them a week to 10 days before I water again, based on what they drink. Hopefully I didn't stress them too much with the flush, I'm not sure about the sudden increase in pH but getting it back closer to 6 seemed like a good move.

Well they are loving the newly cleaned out soil. All sorts of new growth has appeared, one plant is still putting out new leaves with white spots on them. I was hoping CalMag would clear it up, maybe a foliar application? I'll upload a better pic of it tonight in regular lighting but you can see it here, any thoughts on what's causing this?
thumbnail_20171102_090107.jpg

Here's the LSD-25 who is still not growing right, new leaves are curled and deformed.

20171105_081731.jpg

And on a more positive note, here is the Critical, about ready to start training. Dang, don't know why the pic is turning sideways!

20171105_081818.jpg

Yesterday I injected a solution of Orca mycorrhizae, molasses, and distilled water into a few different areas of the soil in each pot, sticking a 3" needle in the soil and injecting it as I pulled it out. Figured it couldn't hurt.

Giving them each 1 qt water with small amounts of veg nutes and calmag, 7.0 pH; 636 total ppm, my water is naturally 186, so 450ppm of nutes.

Mad thanks to @Waira for telling me the white spots on the LSD-25 as well as the deformed leaves are likely genetic and not due to anything I did! He looked at my thread in the Infirmary and guessed that the first set of true leaves probably had white spots, which if you look at the first post in this thread, you'll see that it did! Freakin' amazing lol

Also started very mild LST on the healthiest two, the Blue Pyramid and the Critical. This is the Critical, with the first set of 7 blade leaves.
thumbnail_20171108_113230.jpg

This is my first attempt at LST, just used some paperclips hooked in the pot.
thumbnail_20171108_113417.jpg

Last edited:
Coming along nicely I think. The LSD-25 is still producing crooked, crumpled, spotted leaves. The rest are healthy and show no signs of deficiencies. The LSD-25 and Blue Pyramid have nice pre-flowers forming everywhere, they are just starting to create a smell also. The Criticial is still the healthiest of the 4, it may be the shortest but it is a freakin' bush! The Cheese is very healthy also, still no signs of sex from it or the Critical.

I watered 2 days ago with 3ml CalMag, 1ml Tiger Bloom, 5ml Big Bloom, 3ml Grow Big, 1 tbs. molasses, 5ml of Orca, all dissolved in 2 gallons of tap water that's been sitting out in a tub for a few days, I added an airstone to it 5 minutes before mixing up the nutes. It was ph'ed to 6.4 immediately before watering. Each plant got 1/2 gallon of this mix. I'll attach pictures as soon as I get a chance.

Watered with 2ml Big Bloom, 3 ml CalMag, 1 tsp molasses dissolved in 1 gallon tap water that sat for a week now, aerated for 5 mins, ph'ed to 6.5 before the ladies got to drink up. All are healthy and looking well, I'm gonna have to do some trimming to the Critical on my next day off, it's a thick frickin' bush.

20171203_231055(1).jpg
20171203_231158(1).jpg
20171203_231309(1).jpg
20171203_231315(1).jpg

Here's the LSD-25 and Blue Pyramid, looking beautiful. The Cheese and Critical have mad preflowers but no pretty nugs yet. That LSD is so purple it's black.

I'm still fighting a heat issue despite it being December, I guess it's time to go in this rental's attic and cut a hole out so I can exhaust in to it. I didn't properly plan for THIS much exhaust/heat build up, I figured the LED's would be cool enough but I was just recycling the same air. Will get some more pics in here ASAP, been busy the last 2 weeks but my girl's out of town this week so I'm free to update at will lol

Back