New Grower First Grow; Critical, LSD-25, Blue Pyramid, Cheese in soil using MarsHydro LEDs

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, gonna be journaling my first attempt here. I've acquired these beans from seedsupreme, they threw in the Cheese as a bonus with my order so I decided to start with 1 of each variety. They are all feminized and auto flowering.

I've filled 3 gallon root bags with
70% Organic potting soil
20% Coconut coir
10% Vermiculite

They're living in a 4x4 grow tent in my closet, I've got exhaust pushing warm air out of the top, I may run an intake hose from the bottom of that door if the need arises.

They are currently under 2x300w MarsHydro LEDs, I plan to add 2 more as they enter flowering so each plant will have it's own light.

I'll be using Fox Farm's Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, and Big Bloom.

I started the Critical a few days ahead of the others just because I was eager to start and didn't have everything in place yet. It's now 14 days old, the other guys are 11

I think I'm gonna add some CalMag in the next few days because growth seems to be slow and I didn't account for the Coconut Coir absorbing all the nutes. Any thoughts on this guys?

I got all my ideas and plans off of here, so thanks to all and let's get started!
20171024_181507.jpg

These are the burnt tips on the Cheese, I'll upload a better photo later this evening.

20171024_181527.jpg

This is the 14 day old critical, think she needs CalMag yet or no?

20171024_181538.jpg

LSD-25, one leaf has a white mark, no idea what it is.
20171024_181547.jpg

Blue Pyramid, she is the shortest of the bunch, took an extra day to break through the soil but she is catching up quickly!

@EvilScotsman

Congrats on starting your first grow!! Nice looking set up! Your plants should have enough space to bush out! What are the temps at in the grow space?

I've never grown in coco so I am of no help there unfortunately, but I'm sure an expert will be by soon to set you in the correct direction! If you could post pics in natural light it will help us see the plants better as well!

Thanks a lot! The temperature is just starting to drop where I'm at, we have high humidity also. It's been 73-88 degrees with humidity between 70 and 90 percent in the tent. In the next month or so our temp will drop and hopefully humidity along with it. The high humidity has softened the blow from high 80's I hope, time will tell.

If humidity doesn't fall naturally I will add a dehumidifier before the tent fills up.

Pics are on the way, natural light next time.

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan!!! Thats some serious humidity! Its just the opposite where I am. It never gets above 30%. I have to use a humidifier year round.

yeah buddy thats how you set up a first grow like ! you’ll pull a serious weight if you get this right. that tents gonna be full to bursting in no time. not sure about the calmag to be honest. i usually start it at day 7 but ive only done hydro and coco, not soil. she’ll let you know when she needs it though. best to start light with nutes and up them as you see deficits untill you get the hang of things. its always easy to add more of something but not so easy to take something out. : )

@epenguin your an old skool soil dude are you not mate? will he need calmag? havent got a skooby when it comes to mud slingin lol.

Thanks everyone, your input is going to help make this a success!
Humidity and temps are starting to fall with the season change, still not an issue. If it starts to get cold I will add a small heater near the intake.

They are due for watering tonight, I will add 2ml of calmag to a gallon of water and split it between them. Hopefully that will give them a little boost!

Here they are with more natural lighting, a flashlight lol It's freaking dark in there when lights are out. 20171027_103710.jpg

Not sure exactly what happened to the pics. :shrug:

Attachments

• critical1027.jpg
    788.1 KB · Views: 31
  • BluePyramid1027.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • Cheese1027.jpg
    877.8 KB · Views: 27
  • LSD251017.jpg
    740 KB · Views: 41
Thanks everyone, your input is going to help make this a success!
Humidity and temps are starting to fall with the season change, still not an issue. If it starts to get cold I will add a small heater near the intake.

They are due for watering tonight, I will add 2ml of calmag to a gallon of water and split it between them. Hopefully that will give them a little boost!

Here they are with more natural lighting, a flashlight lol It's freaking dark in there when lights are out. View attachment 821166

Not sure exactly what happened to the pics. :shrug:
hi pal nice to see you here your seem to be moving along steadily your going to have some great product in coming when there cooked

Thanks bud! I sure hope so.

They all look a little perkier with the calmag, gonna keep using it in small doses.

Just got some Orca from a friend, is it too late to introduce it now? Was thinking of using a syringe to inject some down near the roots, I hear it takes a month or so to take hold so hopefully by the time the ladies are sucking nutes up they'll have some beneficial bacteria helping the process. Any thoughts?

Back