New Grower First grow and new to the network...

Love it! Small world. Maybe I’ll get lucky and she’ll have an extended veg. Should I be switching to the flowering nutrients, now that she’s got her pistils?

Btw, how did the critical purple turn out? I have my eye on that one ...

I know, right? I wouldn't switch to flowering nutes until at least you see preflowering. My GG had a lot of pistils , but didn't really start preflowering for some time. But remember, GC told me that sometimes the autos show photo characteristics. We don't know if yours is doing that yet. It's still early, as in my research, I saw GG autos start to flower at close to day 50, which is why I waited until day 60 to switch the light schedule.

My CP was really stunted by the heat, but it rebounded well. It is still small in comparison, but it is stacked with buds for its size. The buds started to get a nice purple hue, and it sure is an interesting looking plant. Will share when dry and cure is done. @jrok had a CP Auto that gave him 7 ounces, though. I will try it again under better circumstances.

Oh I am stoked things are going well on your first grow, other than the heat episode and extended veg. I am really enjoying this process, I’m glad I decided to take the plunge. I’ve already figured out that every grow is going to go a little different, with different challenges along the way to learn from. I’ll keep an eye on your journal, I’d love to see how things turn out

IMG_0393.JPG
...Should I be switching to the flowering nutrients, now that she’s got her pistils? ...

I use Advanced Nutrients, so I don't really switch to flowering, but I add a PK booster called Big Bud. This is what I mean when the GG starts to preflower. I added the flowering nutes here.

That looks amazing for an auto preflower. I am honestly bowled over. Show off! :d5:

Oh I am stoked things are going well on your first grow, other than the heat episode and extended veg. I am really enjoying this process, I’m glad I decided to take the plunge. I’ve already figured out that every grow is going to go a little different, with different challenges along the way to learn from. I’ll keep an eye on your journal, I’d love to see how things turn out

Exactly! The best advice I received here ( and believe me, my plants would both be dead in early veg had it not been for AFN) was to "grow the plant in front of you, not what you expect it to be." Once I started to just watch my plant, giving it more or less feed if needed, lower and higher lights if needed, things got a lot less stressful for me. Don't compare with the Joneses!

That looks amazing for an auto preflower. I am honestly bowled over. Show off! :d5:

Lol! Thanks! After 130 days, I think I can show them off a little! You are going to do great, lots of help here.

61B57604-296A-40FE-9C5A-4E4408682573.jpeg
Hey welcome Davis Girl! Have. Got a story for you! I will start with the ending, but if you have time read my long thread (link in my signature). Two growers choice seeds sprouted 130 days ago. One Gorilla Glue auto and the other a critical purple auto. I have the packages to prove it!

As it turns out I had to treat them both like photos to get them to flower.

I’m growing Tangerine Dream Auto from Growers Choice and I encouraged flowering after week 4 by changing to bloom nutrients. Think I’m in week 3 flowering now.

I have 4 plants but nearly drowned 2 bc I didn’t know how to use my new autopot system. Yup there’s a learning curve. And it’s my first autoflower grow, and first led light grow.

Anyway,welcome! Are you from Davis, CA? I’m from Sac.

Hi NewDream! Those look REALLY good and robust. There is a definite learning curve to all this. I’m having lots of fun with it. I figure that if I get to harvest, then the grow was a success no matter what the weight.

I was eyeing the tangerine dream on the website, may be a possible future grow. Another one that interests me, besides the critical purple, is the Girl Scout cookie, but that’ll have to be from a different seed bank.

I may have bit off more that I could chew with the hydroponic setup, but it seems pretty straightforward so far. Time will tell.

I am from the east coast originally. Davis is my maiden name.

Do you have a grow journal? I’d love to check it out and see what you are doing for a light schedule, target pH, tds range, etc.

Hi NewDream! Those look REALLY good and robust. There is a definite learning curve to all this. I’m having lots of fun with it. I figure that if I get to harvest, then the grow was a success no matter what the weight.

I was eyeing the tangerine dream on the website, may be a possible future grow. Another one that interests me, besides the critical purple, is the Girl Scout cookie, but that’ll have to be from a different seed bank.

I may have bit off more that I could chew with the hydroponic setup, but it seems pretty straightforward so far. Time will tell.

I am from the east coast originally. Davis is my maiden name.

Do you have a grow journal? I’d love to check it out and see what you are doing for a light schedule, target pH, tds range, etc.

Yes my journal is here. I’m really new to this stuff to. I aim for my ph to be between 6 and 6.5.

I’m actually using a 24-hour light schedule right now, as a sort of experiment. There’s an entire thread on here about whether or not to use 24 hour light cycle. I started it bc I saw some great pics in reviews of huge AK plants that were on the 24 hour cycle. Of course there are lots of huge plants without 24 hour cycle too so...

Back