Indoor First Grow - Afghan Kush Ryder in 2 Rubbermaid tubs /w CFL lighting (help appreciated!)

How many plants are you getting in there reasonably on one grow? Looks like maybe 6 if staggered? Thanks for the info to both of you.

Hey everyone! Ive been so busy with the start of school again and I've been pretty depressed lately..

Anyways, I havent started growing yet.. taking a while to get my shit together..

I spray painted my tubs black and then white but I didnt have enough white paint.. i put a lamp enclosed in my 2 tubs and there wasnt much light going thru so once I put in the emergency blanket it should be good.. Im going to the store tmw to pickup the rest of my shit and hopefully I can start growing.

Im scared of playing around with the nutes.. should I just stick with 1-1-1?

I will be vegging and flowering in my tubs so I'm thinking of putting only 2 plants in there.. The smallest part of the tub is at the bottom which is only 18 inches across.. I was planning on getting 2 x 10" pots but def. wont fit in the 18 inches across.. So I am thinking of just using 2 x 8" pots.. Should I do this or go for a bunch of smaller plants in smaller containers?

I am uploading some pictures right now... I did some work on the tubs.. like just the cutting holes and measuring shit.. My tub is a lot smaller than I wanted but it should be okay..

I used the soldering gun in the washroom and turned the fan on.. The plastic was smoking up so I tried to do it as fast as I could. I used scissors and exacto knife to help with whatever cutting as well. Because of my shitty busy schedule now, I have only the time and energy to do a bit tonight. I was able to get a ducting to fit in the scrubber.

As you can see below, the ducting is just chilling there. I wanted to cut it cuz it's too long but didnt realize the ducting has some wire in it and I dont have wire cutters..thus, I had to leave it like that for now lol. The bottom part of that ducting should be in that bright hole you see in the tub.

That's the only other hole I made tonight. I threw in 2 lights bulbs just to see how well it is light proofed without the emergency blanket and I think it's pretty good already. Im gonna put the blanket on cuz I kind of ran out of white paint so it's not perfectly flat white.

For those who wants to know how I am making the scrubber.. here are some pics of tonight's work.

Trace the 4" circle and just cut or solder..
qD6zfl.jpg

Shoved that ducting in..
hniENl.jpg

Inside of the scrubber..
LTDzel.jpg

Circles drawn to be cut..
e4Rqzl.jpg

How it looks so far...the ducting looks fucked up cuz I couldnt cut the wire in it lol. Lightproof looks good with just the paint right now.. successful painting in the dark (yeesssssss!) Ducting looks so fucked up cuz I thought I could just cut along the cuttable shiny material but totally didnt realize that it wasnt circlees but more spiraly for the wire so I kept cutting and I was like wtf they dont go back together.. so yeah thats why its a longggg piece of shitty ducting there lol

xXJPBl.jpg

------

Around how long will it take for the seeds to sink into the water? and how long to germinate them for? I am just going to be busy next couple weeks so I just need to make sure I am there when its ready to go to next step.

I dont want to start germing until the box is done but I am running out of time... and that is something I cannot afford to lose.. anyways guys thanks for follow!!

Im going to take a nice hit and take a shower and crash. Good night, friends!

Back