Indoor First grow 23w cfl's, Ak47 and White widow

Reaction score
Hi forum, my first ever grow, 2 auto's, both from royal queen seeds, royal AK and white widow.
4 23w 6500k cfl's over each plant about 2-3 inches away (will switch to equivalent lights, but 2700k at around week 6 and will keep 2-3 6500k's as well), each growing in 9L of organic pro-mix vegetable&herb mix, 3L of perlite, 2L of worm castings. Soil has lime added and consists of mainly Canadian sphagnum peat moss.
Seeds sprouted sunday may 15 after roughly 30 hours in soil (planted with 1 inch taproot after germinating in a cup of water for 2 days).
I watered the 4 gallon container with a half a cup of water each around sprout as the soil was damp when I planted a few days prior. Temps were high for the 1st week and low humidity so I watered a few shot glasses worth each on day 3 as top of soil was completely dry! Gave first real watering on sat may 21 (600ml+ each until slight runoff). Sprayed with a half a teaspoon/gal Epsom salt foliar today.
I'll post pics of each, and temps do vary as its been unseasonably hot and now humid for a few days now. Last week was hot and dry. mid 80's and close to hundred with humidex the past few days.
Was wondering if a feeding will be due with next watering..perhaps in 2-3 days?..soil feels slightly damp 2-3 inches down by edge of container. For feeding..based on availability, I will be using either an MG liquid concentrate that's 12-4-2, or Plant-prod 30-10-10 at quarter strength for veg. Not sure if I should even add anything or wait for flowering. It's growing quite fast the past few days! Any suggestions?
Btw..as u see from the setup pic, the lights aren't positioned exactly the same..as two stores had no y splitters left lol..so I had to do it a different way with the one on the left, but it seems to be better than the one on the right!..I switched positions of plants on day 13 for second time since sprout. Will be getting another socket adapter shortly to change the one on the right.
Also..the nodes are stacked on each other..Ak is just over 3 inches tall and the other maybe 3 at best..i see shoots growing between the stems already and because nodes are so close..not much light can actually get in there. Will the nodes separate, should I be trying to lst already?

Attachments

• 5 days old AK.jpg
    5 days old AK.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 385
  • 7 days old (Sat) AK Watered 6 cups.jpg
    7 days old (Sat) AK Watered 6 cups.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 812
  • 9 days old (pm) AK.jpg
    9 days old (pm) AK.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 370
  • 11 days old AK.jpg
    11 days old AK.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 340
  • 14 days old AK.jpg
    14 days old AK.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 469
  • day 5 WW.jpg
    day 5 WW.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 486
  • day 7 (Sat) WW Watered 6 cups.jpg
    day 7 (Sat) WW Watered 6 cups.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 553
  • day 9 (pm) WW.jpg
    day 9 (pm) WW.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 322
  • day 11 WW.jpg
    day 11 WW.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 385
  • day 14 WW.jpg
    day 14 WW.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 398
  • Photo0056.jpg
    Photo0056.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 342
  • Photo0116.jpg
    Photo0116.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 378
The soil will probably have enough nutes to get them started for the first couple weeks. But start them off lite. Maybe like 1/8 and work your way up? Also MG will probably work, I would go with something else but that's my opinion. But whatever you do, less is more. You can always add more if they're looking hungry, it's a pain to try to take it away. I if the top few inches are still damp, let it dry out a bit. Don't wanna over water and cause issues in the root zone. Temps and humidity are other key things you need to try to get lowered if you can too. I'm not trying to harp on you either lol. They look good so far!

Honestly I wasn't prepared for this heat right now! lol..we had flurries less than 2 weeks ago! It will be back to normal by next weekend..70's:) I will get a dehumidifier for when they're in full flower and will have an ac running..though not sure if I will have to put them in the ac room..i think without humidity it will be fine in the other room:)
Yes will be starting very lite with either of those nutes as they are stronger and these are auto's so not much feeding apparently:) I just noticed that the white widow..the second set of true leaves (should be 3 finger), on one side it is..but the opposite side, the other leaf has 5 fingers, wonder if that's normal.
Thanks for the thumbs up:) Its my first ever grow of any kind! :)

Day 15 today. Watered each for 2nd time. 1.5L each to get slight runoff. Also gave first feeding...quarter strength of the attached fert. Changed positioning of lights.

Attachments

• Day 15, 4 hours after 2nd watering, 1st feed AK.jpg
    Day 15, 4 hours after 2nd watering, 1st feed AK.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Day 15 (4 hours after 2nd watering and 1st feed) WW.jpg
    Day 15 (4 hours after 2nd watering and 1st feed) WW.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 270
  • Photo0118.jpg
    Photo0118.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 234
Hi forum, my first ever grow, 2 auto's, both from royal queen seeds, royal AK and white widow.
4 23w 6500k cfl's over each plant about 2-3 inches away (will switch to equivalent lights, but 2700k at around week 6 and will keep 2-3 6500k's as well), each growing in 9L of organic pro-mix vegetable&herb mix, 3L of perlite, 2L of worm castings. Soil has lime added and consists of mainly Canadian sphagnum peat moss.
Seeds sprouted sunday may 15 after roughly 30 hours in soil (planted with 1 inch taproot after germinating in a cup of water for 2 days).
I watered the 4 gallon container with a half a cup of water each around sprout as the soil was damp when I planted a few days prior. Temps were high for the 1st week and low humidity so I watered a few shot glasses worth each on day 3 as top of soil was completely dry! Gave first real watering on sat may 21 (600ml+ each until slight runoff). Sprayed with a half a teaspoon/gal Epsom salt foliar today.
I'll post pics of each, and temps do vary as its been unseasonably hot and now humid for a few days now. Last week was hot and dry. mid 80's and close to hundred with humidex the past few days.
Was wondering if a feeding will be due with next watering..perhaps in 2-3 days?..soil feels slightly damp 2-3 inches down by edge of container. For feeding..based on availability, I will be using either an MG liquid concentrate that's 12-4-2, or Plant-prod 30-10-10 at quarter strength for veg. Not sure if I should even add anything or wait for flowering. It's growing quite fast the past few days! Any suggestions?
Btw..as u see from the setup pic, the lights aren't positioned exactly the same..as two stores had no y splitters left lol..so I had to do it a different way with the one on the left, but it seems to be better than the one on the right!..I switched positions of plants on day 13 for second time since sprout. Will be getting another socket adapter shortly to change the one on the right.
Also..the nodes are stacked on each other..Ak is just over 3 inches tall and the other maybe 3 at best..i see shoots growing between the stems already and because nodes are so close..not much light can actually get in there. Will the nodes separate, should I be trying to lst already?
Subbing for your grow! Looks great! You're about a week ahead of my automatic jack :welcome:

Thanks for the thumbs up guys! Means a lot!!! Im a complete newbie with plants/gardening in general! Did extensive reading prior to starting lol. one thing I noticed..im not sure if it's normal..but the plants don't seem to have much vertical growth. The ak is about 30% done its 5th set of true leaves in 2 weeks..yet the plant is 5 inches tall from top of soil...nodes are stacked right on top of each other! the white widow...the distance from tip to tip on its 2 biggest leaves (2nd set)..is 10 inches apart..yet the plant is 4.5 inches tall! Is this ok? No internodal spacing!

Thanks for the thumbs up guys! Means a lot!!! Im a complete newbie with plants/gardening in general! Did extensive reading prior to starting lol. one thing I noticed..im not sure if it's normal..but the plants don't seem to have much vertical growth. The ak is about 30% done its 5th set of true leaves in 2 weeks..yet the plant is 5 inches tall from top of soil...nodes are stacked right on top of each other! the white widow...the distance from tip to tip on its 2 biggest leaves (2nd set)..is 10 inches apart..yet the plant is 4.5 inches tall! Is this ok? No internodal spacing!

you got very healthy plants bro.. just sit back and watch them flourish! :d5:

you got very healthy plants bro.. just sit back and watch them flourish! :d5:
Thanks!:) We'll see how they grow. I may move the lights higher up as im thinking the plants aren't trying to grow much since the light is literally right there 2 inches away..its growing nicely, but I need it to go more vertical...not just outwards. Seems, and maybe its the heat wave the past week, that the plants grow outwards as oppose to right into the light..which is sooo close!:) I'll move it up tonight by 2 inches..maybe it'll promote upward growth.

Back