First ever grow. Promix HP THC bomb auto 600w hps.

Thanks @CaptKG. I was wondering how it would do. Now I have to come to the final decision. But another bulb and ballast or upgrade to LED. I'm heavily leaning towards led and mars hydro to b honest. Then after this next grow get the hps back going in the tent I have now and run my strains under both lights and see the results first hand. Seems much more applicable then the 10x10 upgrade. Don't know what I was thinking. Running about 36 autos I guess is what I was thinking:crying: I'll stick with my tent upgrade for now and figure out these light situations accordingly

I've been looking at LED but $$ really tight for me and not in my budget at the moment, I have a ton more reading to do on them at least 2yrs worth. Sad to spend dollars on something then have it puke out in 1-2 grows is what worries me the most on the Chinese version. The North American Brand names costs are out of my price range although I do hear they have excellent warranty and replacement terms. All these things keep me from pulling the trigger on LED.
Dial in your new tent with a few additional plants then look at going big if that is what you want out of your hobby.

Yeah dialing in is a for sure. Just indecisive on those lighting thing. Lol

Reactions: A4
If I do a bulb replacement for my hps should I get a 1000? Is that a huge difference from the 600 to finish up with those last couple weeks tops

Reactions: A4
Some people argue the difference between the 600 HPS and 1000hps if its worth it. I know my switch from 400w MH with a HPS conversion bulb to the 1000w HPS I doubled (had to dial in the heat with a cooltube) then 4x my weights. Just getting my 3rd grow with the 1000w seeing if I can duplicate last grow or better. I had a rough start so time will tell on the finish.

Barrowed a ballast and 1000w hps bulb to finish up my grow. Luckily I have two close friends with extra gear lol wife said I could get the led if I wanted

Led! Sweeeeeeeeet!
I am thinking about trying 4 Kessil H380 in a 4x4..I am using Mars Hydro 2 900 in 2 tents right now and they kick some ass. But I think 4 sources of light would be so much more productive. That's 1000w is going to rock in there though!
Also...my Mars lights have been running 24 hours a day for 8 months now, no problems. I bought one off a dude on craigs he had been running it for 3 cycles before I got it.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Glad I'll have a strong finish. He's probably going to just give me the light so I'm going to build another tent for my led and run both for personal comparison. Glad to heat the Mars hydro is running good. I'm looking at the 1200 model with their 3'11"x3'11" tent. Thanks for the good karma and checking in guys. Much appreciated fellas

OK so quick update. ...one week left till chop for the colas and two weeks for the rest maybe. Might take it all at once who knows lol been flushing for a week now. Here's 2 of the three girls left in the tent. Little shaky this morning for sum reason. Sorry guys.
20151111_112522.jpg
20151111_112600.jpg
20151111_112612.jpg
20151111_112655.jpg

Back