New Grower First ever grow/journal! Mephisto, Dinafem, and Seedsman.

reworgotuA

Kindofgreenthumb
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
South Fork Kush- Live Resin Sugar -Benson Elvis-
Hey there everyone, this is my first time growing at all, I've helped a friend through a season but nothing on my own. I was planning a small personal grow a while back but it never went through, but after quite a few months of reading up i decided that that autoflower cannabis would be best for me. So i went in search of seeds online and came across "Seedsman" seeds which is a European based company (i'm in the U.S., Ca specifically). I ended up getting 4 seeds from "Dinafem", Amnesia haze XXL, White cheese, and Industrial plant. Since i had bought with bitcoin i got an 8 free bonus seeds, two of which included Ripleys O.G. from "Mephisto genetics:eyebrows:" which i was very excited about because of all the good things i've heard and seen with them.
I've planted three seeds in standard 5 gal. pots, each one planted week apart from each other, the first being a seedsman freebie "white widow", the second was my "white cheese" from Dinafem, for both i used the 'paper towel" germination method, and the third is one of the "Ripleys O.G." from Mephisto which i put in a glass of water for a day until it sank to the bottom and then put in a moist paper towel.
The fist two took a few days to germ but the Ripleys germinated the morning after being put in the paper towel. All three were planted directly into soil about 3/4 in. deep. The soil im using is "FF ocean forest" and "Black Gold organic" soil, i filled the bottom half of the pots with the FF and the top half with a roughly 3/4 ratio mix of the BlackGold and FFOF.
I am using liquid nutrients and maybe some extras.
- "Botanicare" Pure blend pro grow
- "Botanicare" Cal-Mag
- "Advanced nutrients" sensi bloom A&B (PH perfect)
- Unsulphered black strap molasses
My feed schedule is based off a few what i've seen, but i heavily influenced by TaNg's EASY auto feed schedule https://www.autoflower.org/threads/tangs-easy-auto-feeding-schedule.47290/

I'm posting this thread a few weeks after planting so my plants have already grown for a few weeks before this post, but i've been snapping pics from the start so those will be uploaded soon!

I'm very excited to be posting on here and sharing my first grow with AFN and members!!!:bighug::woohoo:

Completely forgot to mention that im running a single 300w LED from "galaxyhydro" in a roughly 3'x2'x2' area.
20170518_142704.jpg 20170518_143750.jpg

Last edited:
Pics are always nice so here are a few pics from weeks 1-3 of each plant!!

-Seedsman "White Widow"; week 1 (planted on 4/11, sprout on 4/18)
w1 (1).jpg w1 (2).jpg
Week 2
w2 (1).jpg
w2 (5).jpg
Week 3
w3 (1).jpg
w3 (7).jpg

-Dinafem "White cheese" (planted on 4/19, sprout on 4/24)
Week 1
w1.jpg
w1 (2).jpg
Week 2
w2 (1).jpg w2 (2).jpg
Week 3
w3 (1).jpg
w3 (2).jpg

Attachments

• w3 (3).jpg
    w3 (3).jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 126
Last but definitely not least is the

Mephisto Genetics "Ripleys O.G." :eyebrows: (planted 4/28; sprouted 5/1)

Week 1 (popped out VERY tall and quick compared to the other two)
w1 (1).jpg
w1 (2).jpg

Week 2
w2 (1).jpg w2 (2).jpg

Week 3
w3 (1).jpg w3 (2).jpg
w3 (3).jpg

I believe that curling on the edge of that leaf is due to heat, but if anyone has any suggestions they would be much appreciated.

Have a great day everyone!! :cheers: :toke:

I hear those ripleys OG's are a LARGE variety... Could grow a monster.

Also, you might want an extra light, you've got a lot of plants for that 1 small light. If you're handy, start reading about DIY COBs. They are mega efficient (40 to 50% efficient, compared to ~20% for most commercial LEDs)

From what I can see, you have done a lot of good research and have set yourself up for a successful grow! Can't wait to see the outcome. As far as your leaf curl, it looks very minor and is probably due to low humidity or high heat, or a little of both! Shouldn't hurt ya too much though :)

I have grown and harvested 5 mephisto plants now and they all had some level of the same leaf curl. They all ended up yielding excellent buds and large quantities :)

Yeah this Ripleys is constantly suprising me, just yesterday she started showing pistils, definitely the fastest of the three.
I do plan on getting a viparspectra 600w within the next week, i have read a little about the DIY COB but im not going to lie, im not a very handy person but my grandfather is and i may get him to help. I'm also hoping to get a small tent to put them in so then i can have a makeshift "starter" and "flowering" room.
I will definitely look more into the COBs and see if i can do something with that, i really appreciate the help/info and i look forward to seeing you throughout the thread:toke::thumbsup:

Hello reverse Autogrower,

ah.......your first time.....it is the best.......enjoy every drop of it and good luck chum..............eP.

Water thoroughly around the edges and often enough so that the medium never completely dries out. The pics make the medium appear dry, and as you point out, slight issue with leaf. Autos are voracious and seem to suffer most from drought. The root zone is more susceptible to sudden extremes too cold, too hot, too dry, nutrient lockout, fell over. If ambient environment is kept constant and adequate food and water is supplied, Autos will exhibit exponential growth in height and flower. So far 3.5 ft plus from a [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] is usual. That's from an amateur like myself. Experts here will astound you.

Back